• 12(current)
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!
(2012-04-18, 20:02)toutsuite Wrote: Any good recommendations on replacements for the stock Antec case fan?

i made an HTPC guide just for that
(2012-04-18, 20:02)toutsuite Wrote: Any good recommendations on replacements for the stock Antec case fan? I'm going to be using a Ceton InfiniTV PCIe card, so I'm leery of relying on the CPU cooler to handle everything. And I've heard the Antec is a bit loud. I'd prefer something that can be controlled via some sort of fan control program.

Well the CPU cooler should handle everything.... I am running the stock antec case fan on speed 1.... its silent.... no more needed.... it's getting hot here so that is why I installed it... better to be safe..... and its silent still.... TongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongue
(2012-04-17, 08:30)eskro Wrote: Beer40oz,
can u measure how much space there is here?

(click image for bigger view)

most slim optical drives are ~5 in. deep...
just wondering if it would fit or interfere with shuriken's fan....

i suspect the space to be around ~9.84 in. (~250 mm) by the looks of it.
but, im probably wrong Tongue

thx

So i measured....

5" then you get 1" to the back of the cooler... of the 120MM Big Shuriken....

So it may be possible to run the cables to the sides or down the bottom.... Big Grin

I took another other measurements too...

I looks that if you don't want to cut the bracket the Scythe SCSK-1100 100mm Shuriken Rev. B 3 CPU Cooler will fit in there...... !!!!!

Because from the Scythe SCBSK-2100 120mm Sleeve BIG Shuriken 2 that I have in there to the top of the bracket where it first touches it's 7/16" clearance (almost 1/2").

And from the sides it will because it's 3/16" smaller all around ... Smile

That means:

64MM Minus
58MM

= .23" difference (almost 1/4")... witch is plenty to fit the SCSK-1100.....

I own the 1100 too.... its very very quiet at low RPM..... like the Big Shuriken....

thanks for those measurements Beer40!

i believe a slim bd reader will fit!
It's been confirmed the Scythe SCSK-1100 100mm Shuriken Rev. B 3 fits with no cutting of the bracket.....

I will update my post...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1080600
even tho the Scythe SCSK-1100 fits without cutting,
i say --> Scythe SCBSK-2100 FTW!!
(2012-04-18, 17:02)CpTHOOK Wrote: Hey Blu... do you know of anyone using the i3 along with Daniela's build, if so what was the response?
Good news.....this guy's Intel HD2000 iGPU work with "[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats".......

If you go for Intel i3-2105 with HD3000, it should be better in everyway......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-04-19, 22:34)bluray Wrote: Good news.....this guy's Intel HD2000 iGPU work with "[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats".......

Blu...

Thanks for the research! The reason I asked was because I am still having a bytch of a time getting her build to work with my system. DDTrue is dead when using the Eden RC2 but at least the DTSMA works fine. BUT...with the Eden Final HD build...both formats are unable to work.. now I realize that I am not using the HD2000 iGPU, but I figured that if my HD6570 can't handle her build then an iGPU may be just as difficult. I should just try and use the i3-2100 alone without the HD6570 and see what happens. I'll do so this weekend and report back. Any suggestions short of what is posted in your sig would be welcome. I've tried those suggestions over and over with no success!
(2012-04-20, 00:06)CpTHOOK Wrote:
(2012-04-19, 22:34)bluray Wrote: Good news.....this guy's Intel HD2000 iGPU work with "[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats".......

Blu...

Thanks for the research! The reason I asked was because I am still having a bytch of a time getting her build to work with my system. DDTrue is dead when using the Eden RC2 but at least the DTSMA works fine. BUT...with the Eden Final HD build...both formats are unable to work.. now I realize that I am not using the HD2000 iGPU, but I figured that if my HD6570 can't handle her build then an iGPU may be just as difficult. I should just try and use the i3-2100 alone without the HD6570 and see what happens. I'll do so this weekend and report back. Any suggestions short of what is posted in your sig would be welcome. I've tried those suggestions over and over with no success!
For Intel iGPU (HD2000), you need to do as following........

1. select the correct Intel HDMI audio output in Windows 7 control panel and XBMC audio output
2. disable DXVA2 and everything else in XBMC setting/video/playback
3. disable "Use a fullscreen window rather than a true fullscreen" in XBMC settings/system/video ouput

In case you are running into 24p problem with your Intel HD2000 iGPU, you can do this- Let's set this straight - No one can do 24p consistently well

Yes, you can find more ideas from my signature too.....

(2012-04-19, 15:08)eskro Wrote: even tho the Scythe SCSK-1100 fits without cutting,

Yes but at least there is the option for people who don't want to cut!

And btw I am going to use the 1100 on my next one so I don't cut anything ..... anyways it's going to be a desktop. But it should be quiet too....!!! time to test. Tongue
I know it would be... I have the 1100 and it's quiet.
(2012-04-20, 19:40)Beer40oz Wrote:
(2012-04-19, 15:08)eskro Wrote: even tho the Scythe SCSK-1100 fits without cutting,

Yes but at least there is the option for people who don't want to cut!

And btw I am going to use the 1100 on my next one so I don't cut anything ..... anyways it's going to be a desktop. But it should be quiet too....!!! time to test. Tongue
+1....not many people like to cut their brand new case.....Nod

This thread makes me want to build this! Thanks for all the info guys
Do it Chuck King!! DO it!!
Would this case work with the a8-3850 and the shuriken? Looks a bit classier than the antec imo.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Iwill-HT80-HTPC-m...3a72e2eac8
(2012-04-21, 00:17)apex82 Wrote: Would this case work with the a8-3850 and the shuriken? Looks a bit classier than the antec imo.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Iwill-HT80-HTPC-m...3a72e2eac8

I don't know you can look and find measurements.... or be a ginea pig. 80MM tall it should...
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!10