• 20(current)
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!
yeah well, the 1100 is still silent since Beer40 owns it too and says it is.
but it still requires some Fan Speed Tweaking in BIOS.
as SCYTHE's 100mm fan is noisier then SCYTHE's 120mm fan...
I wouldn't worry too much about the noise of the 1000 vs 1100 vs 1200.....you'll probably get more noises from AVR, ceiling fan, etc than the CPU fan. I'm still using stock CPU cooler, and I have to put my ear next to the case to hear it.

I use this "Pyle PSPL01 Mini Digital Sound Level Meter" to calibrate my speakers level and to verify the overall room noises.....it's a cool little device....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
hey beer40, can u try something 4me?

monitor your APU temps when
you turn OFF your CPU fan completely
and while playing 1080P!

i just wanna see if i could run the A6-3500 in the ISK110 case
using the SCSBK-2100 cooler Without its Fan!!

it might be pushing it a little bit but, still, it might be feasible! Tongue
(2012-04-24, 20:30)eskro Wrote: hey beer40, can u try something 4me?

monitor your APU temps when
you turn OFF your CPU fan completely
and while playing 1080P!

it might be pushing it a little bit but, still, it might be feasible! Tongue

I can't the PC tells me an error if the CPU fan is not plugged in.... hmmmm I can take the fan off and get it to the side..... lol dude run with a fan.... just get the 300-65
no dont unPLug the FAN,

use HardwareMonitorPro or SpeedFAN to bring down the RPM to 0 ...

i really need to know this,

thx Smile
(2012-04-25, 02:21)eskro Wrote: no dont unPLug the FAN,

use HardwareMonitorPro or SpeedFAN to bring down the RPM to 0 ...

i really need to know this,

thx Smile

LOL tired man.... i yah forgot about the software! duh! ill check for u man....
Hi guys, I am am a new poster here, but have been lurking for awhile. I wanted to say thanks for this great information. I just ordered this equipment and hope to haveit up and running soon. I am overseas working at an APO site, but hopefully I will get it all within 2 weeks Smile Thanks again!
Nice build,

I will be looking into this as well, looks just too good :-)
Two questions I got:

* What brick do I need to get the 120W, I can't find any in Germany?!
* Why did you use W7 Professional, would the Home Version be enough or can't I get the OS slim enough and so fast booting?

Thx in advance!
Cheers,
Chris
(2012-04-25, 13:45)ChrisB76 Wrote: Nice build,

Two questions I got:

* Why did you use W7 Professional, would the Home Version be enough or can't I get the OS slim enough and so fast booting?

Thx in advance!
Cheers,
Chris
90W power brick similar to this "19V 4.74A 90W 2.5MM AC Charger Adapter for HP GATEWAY" should be enough and it'll avoid any issue during power spike........W7 home is fine for XBMC...!

(2012-04-25, 11:29)Wookie Wrote: Hi guys, I am am a new poster here, but have been lurking for awhile. I wanted to say thanks for this great information. I just ordered this equipment and hope to haveit up and running soon. I am overseas working at an APO site, but hopefully I will get it all within 2 weeks Smile Thanks again!

Hey nice to know you like the A6-PACK... you will enjoy it.

(2012-04-25, 13:45)ChrisB76 Wrote: Nice build,

Two questions I got:

Thx in advance!
Cheers,
Chris

Are you going to play games? if so the 90w should be plenty.... because it spike up to 80 something....

But are you just going to watch videos? surf the net? watch net tv..... stuff like that... even some games..... you can stick with the 65w brick that comes with the case.....
I been testing with the stock brick..... and it's all good.... (i am keeping the stock 65w on the A6-PACK)

Go check out my first page it has all been updated.....

(yes I did buy a 90w brick.... but I am using that one on my next build since I will be using it as a desktop and the CPU will be going 100% it will be a good match with it.)
yeah stock 65w brick is perfect is your using your HTPC for XBMC 1080P....

no need for more....
I went with the 90W brick since I wanted to make sure I had enough power if I did decide to do more than just watch 1080P. Beer, did you decide if you will put a Slim Blu Ray drive in?
(2012-04-26, 01:39)Wookie Wrote: I went with the 90W brick since I wanted to make sure I had enough power if I did decide to do more than just watch 1080P. Beer, did you decide if you will put a Slim Blu Ray drive in?

why? I don't need it..... lol ..... Rofl

I will stick a regular DVD RW drive in my next A6-PACK,,,,, or maybe a Blueray RW
(2012-04-26, 02:31)Beer40oz Wrote: or maybe a Blueray RW
That is my kind of HTPC.....all my home PC's have a BD-ROM (since they overtook Toshiba).....

Thanks for sharing your build experience Beer40oz !

Great home cinema set up you got there.

I'm looking to do my first ITX HTPC - 'Silent being the common denominator'

I'm thinking of going with A8-3850 & under-volting & under-clocking - 1.136v @ 2.4mhz. Probably throw in a bigger PSU to be safe.
I read A8-3850 can be under-volted by a nice 32% bringing its power consumption around that of A6-3500.

I'm wondering if the the Big Scythe will be adequate to keep it cool & still maintain low noise levels.

Also does the Big Scythe block the PCie slot in any way ? I intend to get an audiophile sound card in there for decent COAX out to a DAC.

I would prefer to use the ASUS F1A75-I DELUXE motherboard so if anyone can comment on how well it will sit in this case with the Big Scythe would be appreciated.

• 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!10