• 39(current)
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!
Cool man....

Maybe it will be safer to get the 150W Pico..... for our builds....

Since it has the right plug so there is no wire hanging problems....

PICO 150

BRICK 144W

This will be a safer bet.
They also have it here..... with a 150W brick....

But I am confused with the Pictures to know what I am getting.....

http://www.short-circuit.com/categories/...ombos.html

I guess it would be this one:

http://www.short-circuit.com/combo/picop...-acdc.html
pricey after shipping and taxes added to CALIF...
Yup $90 bucks....

That makes this build pricey.....

Oh well I have to fix it.................

But I guess at the end we all happy!

(2012-05-11, 00:15)MrKay Wrote: I installed windows 7 ultimate 64bit on my 64gb ssd drive and installed 9 programs total size of 269mb. now i have 42.7gb left. Where can i find out where most of the gb went to cause am sure windows don't take more then 8gb right

MrKay,
I used treesize free to check where my diskspace goes
http://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free/
(2012-05-11, 01:09)waver123 Wrote:
(2012-05-11, 00:15)MrKay Wrote: I installed windows 7 ultimate 64bit on my 64gb ssd drive and installed 9 programs total size of 269mb. now i have 42.7gb left. Where can i find out where most of the gb went to cause am sure windows don't take more then 8gb right

MrKay,
I used treesize free to check where my diskspace goes
http://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free/

Thanks
Hey Beer,
without going through this 58 pg thread, what happened? why are you looking for a new power supply? Was the 65w not enough?

the reason is, i picked up 2 identical antec's and building my HTPC for other parts of the house. I haven't opened them and would prefer to return them if you are having issues.
I think am gonna try and see if i can get an exchange with Silverstone Sugo SG05 since it will cost me the same price as to buying those parts. Plus if they exchange it then i will only need to add a little bit more. Anyone own one of these if so is the psu very loud
(2012-05-11, 00:48)Beer40oz Wrote: Cool man....

Maybe it will be safer to get the 150W Pico..... for our builds....

Since it has the right plug so there is no wire hanging problems....

PICO 150

BRICK 144W

This will be a safer bet.
They also have it here..... with a 150W brick....

But I am confused with the Pictures to know what I am getting.....

http://www.short-circuit.com/categories/...ombos.html

I guess it would be this one:

http://www.short-circuit.com/combo/picop...-acdc.html

Why is it you're after the 150?

I'm using same spec as you more or less and the 120w is overkill for me - the max I managed to draw when I tested running prime95 was 67w
(2012-05-11, 01:31)MrKay Wrote: I think am gonna try and see if i can get an exchange with Silverstone Sugo SG05 since it will cost me the same price as to buying those parts. Plus if they exchange it then i will only need to add a little bit more. Anyone own one of these if so is the psu very loud

MrKay,
i saw that you have the same case, what is wrong with the power supply?
(2012-05-11, 01:39)r1lee Wrote:
(2012-05-11, 01:31)MrKay Wrote: I think am gonna try and see if i can get an exchange with Silverstone Sugo SG05 since it will cost me the same price as to buying those parts. Plus if they exchange it then i will only need to add a little bit more. Anyone own one of these if so is the psu very loud

MrKay,

r1lee,
He's having issue when he tries to use the standalone GT430 card, if he uses the built-in one graphics it's fine, not sure why but the 120W should be enough.

I'm using my 85W brick from my isk100 without issue....
(2012-05-11, 01:39)r1lee Wrote:

MrKay,

It shuts of after a while. not only that if i keep my case open it takes time to shut off but if the case is on then it's about 20mins max then shuts off. It does not have a good power supply. If i had the chance again then i would not by this case cause it's to much trouble even tho it looks good

So it's a ventilation issue? Ever tried to underclock or undervolt the CPU to see if it addresses the issue?
(2012-05-11, 03:02)r1lee Wrote: So it's a ventilation issue? Ever tried to underclock or undervolt the CPU to see if it addresses the issue?

Nope it looks like the internal PSU is weak... it does not like something. I even changed my RAM because when I took out one stick of my old RAM it worked .... it never shut off even when I Prime test it.....

New ram came in it shuts off with both sticks in......

I know its not the ram slot either. Because it works fine with one stick on both slots.....

Too much to type....

Anyways tomorrow.... I will test with a 350w PSU and see if I get the same results......

Here is my new RAM..... aint it pretty Smile lol this means my old kingstone works..... it never got an error with MEMtest...

So one stick of RAM no issues shutting off.... I can watch a whole movie.

(2012-05-11, 00:15)Beer40oz Wrote: Yah..... MrKay you may get away with the one I am going to buy on post 555
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1100236

But I don't know......

Blue don't you think on post 555 will work for us a6-3500 Lovers....
That should work for the A6-3500 lovers.....if my calculation is correct it is within the range of 50% to 70% of PSU spec!

You cannot go wrong with the Silverstone included 300W PSU. Silverstone built quality stuff.....

(2012-05-11, 01:08)Beer40oz Wrote: Yup $90 bucks....

That makes this build pricey.....

Oh well I have to fix it.................

But I guess at the end we all happy!
+1....it's pricey but it will be safer bet....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
My cpu cooler is very loud it's the Scythe Shuriken Rev. B 3 don't know why it's so loud. That killed building a quite htpc. it's like i have a psu when the rpm is at 1300
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!10