• 49(current)
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!
(2012-05-14, 02:12)Beer40oz Wrote: He don't need to he has the same temps as when he had the CAGE......
But that is not two silent Silenx or Noctua fans......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-05-14, 03:30)bluray Wrote:
(2012-05-14, 02:12)Beer40oz Wrote: He don't need to he has the same temps as when he had the CAGE......

Ok ? and your point is?

He don't need them.... unless he wants to.....
I have mine in a wooden mediacabinet, with 6 cm top-space, 8 cm backspace (with one hole in it to lead the cables out), and about 5 inches on each side.
I placed a 120 mm antec 3 speed fan onto a adjustable 4-12V power supply, set at 7 Volts.
I have my standard Antec case fan and cage mounted.

When watching Hi10p Bluray Anime Encodes, like Fate Zero (720p UTW releases), I get a nice and cool 32 C on my CPU, while having about 50% CPU usage on all cores. CPU cooler RPM is 1060 RPM
On 1080p releases, the temp rises to 36/37 C, nice and cool. CPU cooler RPM is 1080 RPM.

If interested, I can take a pic with my iphone this afternoon, and post it.
Are you also using a CPU cooler? Or just the 120mm fan and 80mm case fan? Would like to see pics...
(2012-05-13, 23:49)MrKay Wrote: I just don't know why my cpu fan speed is so high after seeing your screen shot. In my bios in advanced\CPU Configuration

Core C6 Mode - Enabled
Cstate Pmin Mode - Disabled
Cool 'n' Quiet - Enabled
SVM - Enabled
CPU Thermal Throttle - Auto

CPU Fan 1 & 2 Setting - Automatic mode
Target CPU Temperature 50/122
Target Fan Speed Level 1

Is that the same as your's beer. So far my bootup time is 27 seconds to login in screen and after loged in it's 33 seconds haven't done the eskro optimize ssd yet will do that after my new picopsu comes and hopefully works

You could try Black Viper's Windows 7 optimization to get your boot times down. I think mine is around 20 seconds as well, if not less (haven't actually timed it yet).

http://www.blackviper.com/service-config...gurations/

That is, if you can get past the picture of the guy that pops up on his webpage. Tongue
Sdpbc i only have the cpu cooler that comes with the fan on top Scythe Shuriken Rev. B 3 1100 and am not using the 80mm case fan cause it makes no difference and it's noisy as hell. my RPM once loged in to windows and not do anything but just look at the screen the RPM starts from 1000 to 1204 some time it even goes up to 2000 while not doing anything but just looking at the screen
(2012-05-14, 04:28)Beer40oz Wrote:
(2012-05-14, 03:30)bluray Wrote:

Ok ? and your point is?

He don't need them.... unless he wants to.....
Well he said his temp and noise are a little high......with the silent Silenx or Noctua fans, it might help lower the temp/noise in his A8 box.....

(2012-05-14, 16:14)MrKay Wrote: Sdpbc i only have the cpu cooler that comes with the fan on top Scythe Shuriken Rev. B 3 1100 and am not using the 80mm case fan cause it makes no difference and it's noisy as hell. my RPM once loged in to windows and not do anything but just look at the screen the RPM starts from 1000 to 1204 some time it even goes up to 2000 while not doing anything but just looking at the screen

Interesting, I'm using the Shuriken 1100 and the case fan (both on 1 IIRC). I can certainly "hear" the fan(s) from about 4 feet away, but by no means is it remotely loud. Can just barely hear it, which still annoys me somewhat, so I was also curious about the Noctua. But having read a review of this particular case with the Noctua fan in it I could swear the reviewer said while it was very silent, he could still hear a faint sound coming out of it, just a slightly different tone, so not sure that it would be much better t han what I'm hearing with the case fan as is.

I'm very sensitive to fan noise. Drives me crazy. But I think I may be able to live with this one for now.

Oh ... and interesting adding the cage fan makes no difference in your build. On mine (which is almost identical to Beer save his SSD and 2100 Shuriken), adding the cage fan dropped the temp a few degrees and maintains it lower, longer.
"Oh ... and interesting adding the cage fan makes no difference in your build. On mine (which is almost identical to Beer save his SSD and 2100 Shuriken), adding the cage fan dropped the temp a few degrees and maintains it lower, longer"

Yes..... Smile

Mine is reversed....

Taking the cage fan out drops the temps and RPM's of the cooler.....

I am telling you the 2100 is incredible...

MrKay,
Can you check your cpu load during idle to see if anything is running? My stock stock rev B. fan is very quiet when power down, I set it to level 1 it was like spinning at 500 rpm in xbmc. I did replace the stock fan with a noctua but from beer it you set the antec fan to low it should be quiet as well.

(2012-05-14, 22:42)waver123 Wrote: MrKay,
Can you check your cpu load during idle to see if anything is running? My stock stock rev B. fan is very quiet when power down, I set it to level 1 it was like spinning at 500 rpm in xbmc. I did replace the stock fan with a noctua but from beer it you set the antec fan to low it should be quiet as well.
This guy "Customer Review" replaced the OEM case fan with a SilenX Effizio Silent 80mm......it seems that he is very happy with the silent case fan......

(2012-05-14, 22:42)waver123 Wrote: MrKay,

Waver123 i'll check first thing 2moro morning. Hopefully my picopsu 120w comes.
Well got my 90W PICO..... Recommend by the PICO guy! Dougie Fresh

This build is magic now! I tested with Prime95 and BAM! No more reboots!!!!!

This PICO is truly magic.

Now I have taken the FAN CAGE, BRACKET out.....

Used one double sided velcro to attach the ssd and a lots of zip ties... Smile

No need to drill nothing with this PICO..... use the stock hole.

Well here is a video for you guys to see how clean of a build this is....

I am making more videos to show you guys temps as I am running a movie now to show.

Thanx to all who helped..... Nod

Oh yes the seller of the PICO was so nice also to trow in the EU cord.... just have to ask. Smile
beer can you see if u can play 5.1 surround sound with a toslink. I have an old av receiver that does not take hdmi. And i normally can play 5.1 from my laptops headphone socket in windows 7 but in my new built htpc for some reason when i play with the toslink in xmbc or media player classic or any other media players The sound is out of sync. the sound comes and goes. But if i use the hdmi with my tv i can hear the sound is in sync but play's in 2 channel. Am thinking if something is wrong with my motherboard since i have a few days left to exchange it if there is a problem with my motherboard. I have download all the drivers you and blu have said to download from asrock site for it to be able to play 5.1 in xmbc thanks
(2012-05-15, 00:58)Beer40oz Wrote: Well got my 90W PICO.....

This build is magic now! I tested with Prime95 and BAM! No more reboots!!!!!

This PICO is truly magic.

Now I have taken the FAN CAGE, BRACKET out.....

Used one double sided velcro to attach the ssd and a lots of zip ties... Smile

No need to drill nothing with this PICO..... use the stock hole.

Well here is a video for you guys to see how clean of a build this is....

I am making more videos to show you guys temps as I am running a movie now to show.

Thanx to all who helped..... Nod

Oh yes the seller of the PICO was so nice also to trow in the EU cord.... just have to ask. Smile

O man the is awesome beer i hope my one works when it comes 2moro hopefully
u got the best HTPC on the forum handz down!!!!!!!!!!!
I will be differently upgrading my cpu cooler now to the 2100. what's the 2100 max TDP. I can't find it any where in google for some strange reason. Is it a max TDP of 100w ?
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!10