• 56(current)
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!
Do you think i should buy a sound card if so anyone know what sound card i can fit in an antec isk 300 case
In the past set ups I've done, I turn the Media Features off so the remote doesn't send a signal and start Windows Media Center. I don't know for certain if it would affect S/PDIF. You made so many changes to the system it's difficult to know if you had a driver conflict or corruption unless you checked for them.

I feel bad for you that you are struggling and can only imagine the headache you have.
Maybe the best thing to do is walk away for a while and take time for yourself.
Best of luck to you, I'm sure you will work it out.

You can find the Media Features here for Win7 -
Control Panel/Programs and Features/Turn Windows Features On or Off.
(2012-05-17, 09:34)Driver 944 Wrote: In the past set ups I've done, I turn the Media Features off so the remote doesn't send a signal and start Windows Media Center. I don't know for certain if it would affect S/PDIF. You made so many changes to the system it's difficult to know if you had a driver conflict or corruption unless you checked for them.

I feel bad for you that you are struggling and can only imagine the headache you have.
Maybe the best thing to do is walk away for a while and take time for yourself.
Best of luck to you, I'm sure you will work it out.

You can find the Media Features here for Win7 -
Control Panel/Programs and Features/Turn Windows Features On or Off.

Thanks
(2012-05-16, 12:22)s1l3nc0r Wrote: @Beer: Do you know if the guy you ordered the picopsu from, also delivers in The Netherlands ?

Mine is still working fine with Antec PSU in combination with the 120 W Toshiba Laptop adapter, but just to be on the safe side, I might like to order a new one...

I think you should get faster shipping, better prices, no custom from this seller that is based in The Netherlands

http://www.logicsupply.nl/power-supplies...su-160-xt/

(2012-05-17, 08:58)MrKay Wrote: Nope did not turn off media features. To be honest don't know what that is. Just installed windows 7 64bit the 6 time from a secure erase. Installed AMD all in 1 driver ver:8.86RC2 and Catalyst Software Suite 153.5 MB 12.4 Now when i go to hardware and sound then inside sound in playback tab i see Digital Audio (S/PDIF) but when i right click and test equalizer moves but no sound
One thing I haven't mention- since you are using Optical output from MOBO, you need to disable HDMI audio output in Windows 7 Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Sound/Playback. You can simply Right/Click AMD HDMI output and scroll down to Disable to disable it. Then, you can select the correct "Realtek Digital Output (Optical)"........

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Yes do as blu says .....
And ok....
http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Mo...X&o=Win764

Install

Realtek high definition audio driver ver:R2.62

Sorry for your troubles....
(2012-05-17, 16:36)bluray Wrote:
(2012-05-17, 08:58)MrKay Wrote: Nope did not turn off media features. To be honest don't know what that is. Just installed windows 7 64bit the 6 time from a secure erase. Installed AMD all in 1 driver ver:8.86RC2 and Catalyst Software Suite 153.5 MB 12.4 Now when i go to hardware and sound then inside sound in playback tab i see Digital Audio (S/PDIF) but when i right click and test equalizer moves but no sound
One thing I haven't mention- since you are using Optical output from MOBO, you need to disable HDMI audio output in Windows 7 Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Sound/Playback. You can simply Right/Click AMD HDMI output and scroll down to Disable to disable it. Then, you can select the correct "Realtek Digital Output (Optical)"........

blu i did disable AMD HDMI audio output at the moment it's like this

but when i install the Realtek high definition audio driver ver:R2.62 and go to sound again there is no Realtek Digital Output (Optical) only Realtek Digital Output

S/PDIF is the digital audio interconnect and it used over either coax or optical. The Realtek driver supports either -- whatever's on your motherboard -- which appears to be only the optical.

On your AVR, did you switch the input back to you the optical input instead of the HDMI input?

After installing the Realtek high definition audio driver ver:R2.62 it looks like this

still no luck. but now that i have installed this when i go to xbmc and then system i cant see WASAP: Digitatal Audio (S/PDIF) (Realtek High Definition) before i installed the Realtek high definition audio driver ver:R2.62 if i went to xbmc i could see WASAP: Digitatal Audio (S/PDIF)

(2012-05-17, 21:13)Dougie Fresh Wrote: S/PDIF is the digital audio interconnect and it used over either coax or optical. The Realtek driver supports either -- whatever's on your motherboard -- which appears to be only the optical.

On your AVR, did you switch the input back to you the optical input instead of the HDMI input?

Hi Dougie on my receiver i don't have hdmi socket it's an old av receiver but works. At the moment i have everything installed in my motherboard just like how beer has his in his video. Just usb 2 wire plugged from the case to motherboard and didn't plug anything else from the case to motherboard
@MrKay-

Try these-

1. Un-install "Realtek high definition audio driver ver:R2.62"
2. Install "High Definition Audio Codecs"

If it still doesn't work, can you try it with another Optical cable?
Guy's i think i have fixed my problem. What i did was open the case and plugged in the HDMI wire cable that comes inside the case. Plugged that next to where the USB 2.0 is on the motherboard. And it works done a restrat just to see and still working. Now i just need to test xbmc hopefully it should work. If anyone else is having trouble like me just do the same thing and it should fix your problem
(2012-05-17, 22:06)MrKay Wrote: Guy's i think i have fixed my problem. What i did was open the case and plugged in the HDMI wire cable that comes inside the case. Plugged that next to where the USB 2.0 is on the motherboard. And it works done a restrat just to see and still working. Now i just need to test xbmc hopefully it should work. If anyone else is having trouble like me just do the same thing and it should fix your problem
Awwwwww.....missing wire..........you can leave the settings "As Is" and it is the correct settings......Nod

The next upgrade for you is to buy AVR with HDMI....you'll enjoy all the latest HD audio with your HTPC!

(2012-05-17, 22:17)bluray Wrote:
(2012-05-17, 22:06)MrKay Wrote: Guy's i think i have fixed my problem. What i did was open the case and plugged in the HDMI wire cable that comes inside the case. Plugged that next to where the USB 2.0 is on the motherboard. And it works done a restrat just to see and still working. Now i just need to test xbmc hopefully it should work. If anyone else is having trouble like me just do the same thing and it should fix your problem
Awwwwww.....missing wire..........you can leave the settings "As Is" and it is the correct settings......Nod

The next upgrade for you is to buy AVR with HDMI....you'll enjoy all the latest HD audio with your HTPC!

Yeah the next thing am buying is a yamaha receiver that goes nicely with my bowers & wilkins speakers
(2012-05-17, 22:27)MrKay Wrote: Yeah the next thing am buying is a yamaha receiver that goes nicely with my bowers & wilkins speakers
It'll be awesome....!

Make sure to buy the one with a calibration micro-phone.....it'll make life a lot easier when you calibrate the speakers.....this one should work- Yamaha HTR-4063BL 5.1 Channel 525 Watt AV Receiver!

(2012-05-17, 22:35)bluray Wrote:
(2012-05-17, 22:27)MrKay Wrote: Yeah the next thing am buying is a yamaha receiver that goes nicely with my bowers & wilkins speakers
It'll be awesome....!

Make sure to buy the one with a calibration micro-phone.....it'll make life a lot easier when you calibrate the speakers.....this one should work- Yamaha HTR-4063BL 5.1 Channel 525 Watt AV Receiver!

Thanks a lot blu for the link
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!10