• 70(current)
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!
Ok, thanks Beer!

BLT2KIT4G3D1869DT1TX0
Crucial DDR3 PC3-14900 • 9-9-9-27 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR3-1866 • 1.5V

is better than

KHX1866C9D3K2/8G
Kingston DDR3 PC3-14900 CL9 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR3-1866 1.5V
??

also just found KHX1866C9D3K2/8GX which seems the exact same thing
The one you found.... KHX1866C9D3K2 is 1.65V

I say the crucial because in bios just set it to 1866 and you are done.... bios reads crucial nicely...

The Kingstone... you have to set some timings if you are picky and fix the voltage to the right 1.5V because it's like 1.7 or something when you install it the first time... it is easy...
KHX1866C9D3K2/8G

both will be just fine....
Allright Thanks Beer, almost time for me to order. Too bad the freaking shop with my 300-65 finally found it was broken so they can't sell it :@ Then I looked at newegg and bam. Out of Stock :'( Always a blocker!
(2012-10-18, 21:05)Xexiz Wrote: Allright Thanks Beer, almost time for me to order. Too bad the freaking shop with my 300-65 finally found it was broken so they can't sell it :@ Then I looked at newegg and bam. Out of Stock :'( Always a blocker!
Antec ISK300-65 Mini ITX HTPC Case Brand New
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-10-18, 21:55)bluray Wrote:
(2012-10-18, 21:05)Xexiz Wrote: Allright Thanks Beer, almost time for me to order. Too bad the freaking shop with my 300-65 finally found it was broken so they can't sell it :@ Then I looked at newegg and bam. Out of Stock :'( Always a blocker!

Merchant macrosic does not ship to Canada Wink

Thanks though bluray!
(2012-10-18, 22:03)Xexiz Wrote:
(2012-10-18, 21:55)bluray Wrote:

Thanks though bluray!

amazon is our friend:
http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00292BV8C/ref=a...opbotca-20

(2012-10-18, 22:15)truthlesshero Wrote:
(2012-10-18, 22:03)Xexiz Wrote:
(2012-10-18, 21:55)bluray Wrote: Antec ISK300-65 Mini ITX HTPC Case Brand New

Thanks though bluray!

amazon is our friend:
http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00292BV8C/ref=a...opbotca-20
Excellent price too...

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Allright, finally got all my parts this morning and started building. Buildproces was quite simple, the case is actually bigger than I expected (thank god cause im not that handy Smile ). Installing win7 now.

Thanks for the great advice Beer40oz Smile
(2012-10-24, 17:11)asqwanka Wrote: Allright, finally got all my parts this morning and started building. Buildproces was quite simple, the case is actually bigger than I expected (thank god cause im not that handy Smile ). Installing win7 now.

Thanks for the great advice Beer40oz Smile

That is great! if you run into any problems just post here we will help... do not forget to send me a 40oz... Wink or just drink one for me a nice cold Mickey's...

Don't forget to post pics... I love to see them.
I built almost exactly the same server using your guide, even the same RAM Smile I'd rather be using my PS3 + PS3 media server then run windows so I've elected to use openelec 2.0. I've undervolted the A6-3500 to 1.10v and disabled "cool and quiet" but without a side 80mm fan, temps were 55+ degrees while playing back 1080p. With a PWM Vantec stealth 80mm fan running at level 1 (slowest), temps are ~42 degrees and it is still silent. I even removed the rear pci bracket and punched out the front unused optical blank in an attempt to get more airflow. I do wish I could move the 80mm fan one over to improve airflow in the case but the picopsu's cabling goes directly into the blank.

For the infrared receiver to wake, I just needed to connect it to the normal USB header, not the special IR one.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I used the Scythe Kozuti for a similar build. I had to remove the heat spreaders on the 2nd Dimm to fit the heatsink+ram. Looks like this scythe fits nice and tidy, but unfortunately is too high for my case. The Kozuti seems to be the best option for really tight fits. Just wanted to chime in if anyone was interested in the Kozuti. My idle temps are 34-35C.

(2012-11-09, 00:35)Nortel Wrote: I built almost exactly the same server using your guide, even the same RAM Smile I'd rather be using my PS3 + PS3 media server then run windows so I've elected to use openelec 2.0. I've undervolted the A6-3500 to 1.10v and disabled "cool and quiet" but without a side 80mm fan, temps were 55+ degrees while playing back 1080p. With a PWM Vantec stealth 80mm fan running at level 1 (slowest), temps are ~42 degrees and it is still silent. I even removed the rear pci bracket and punched out the front unused optical blank in an attempt to get more airflow. I do wish I could move the 80mm fan one over to improve airflow in the case but the picopsu's cabling goes directly into the blank.

For the infrared receiver to wake, I just needed to connect it to the normal USB header, not the special IR one.

@ Nortel

I don't understand why you have to take off the PCI bracket and leave the 80mm side fan on....

As you know I took off the hole bracket for the 80mm side fan and my temps reach 30-36c while watching 1080p or whatever.... but I don't game on this system.... i bet if you did you need more airflow.

Thank you for the picture.... that is sexy..... Smile
looks awesome Nortel!!
(2012-11-14, 18:44)Beer40oz Wrote: @ Nortel

I don't understand why you have to take off the PCI bracket and leave the 80mm side fan on....

As you know I took off the hole bracket for the 80mm side fan and my temps reach 30-36c while watching 1080p or whatever.... but I don't game on this system.... i bet if you did you need more airflow.

Thank you for the picture.... that is sexy..... Smile

I noticed in your "TEMPS" video CPUTIN is actually 52 degrees, this is the temperature I'm referring to and I care about. Mine has reached 58 degrees when downloading cd cover art, with the side fan spinning at 1000rpm. When that happened, the screen started getting messed up so I shut it down and it hasn't happened since. I will be cutting a 100x100mm hole in the case lid and putting a 120x120mm black aluminum mesh screen over it. I'm sure this will bring temperatures way down. I may try undervolting a little more, try to bring the heat down even more. One thing I've noticed is with ~80% cpu usage on one core when in the menu (according to top), cpu usage is the same even when playing 1080p movies.

On a side note, if I plug the 80mm side fan into the "case fan" header, it runs at full speed no matter what setting I put in the bios. I had to connect it to the second cpu header, so I have to run them 1:1.

Last thing, I'd recommend using the HDD activity light as the power LED as it is far more view-able vs the almost invisible normal power led... for horizontal users anyway.
Oh ok the CPUTIN is something else... yes it was on 52c on that video.... but that video was shot with my settings at HIGH PERFORMANCE....

I set it to balanced and now I get 28C for watching a video the whole entire time... now I don't know how much the CPUTIN changed after the new settings....

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1103581

Nice one on the LED light.... yup it does get hard to see if the system is on and when you don't hear it even harder...... Smile I might just do that.... or wire the system so both lights are on....

I think something is wrong with your system.... how can the CPU core 1 be at 80% even while watching a video. You have some heat issues... from many builds of this PACK no one has had issues with the screen getting messed up... something is wrong with your hardware don't you think?
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!10