AirParrot AirPlay Screen Mirrioring
I just came across this Program for Mac. Adds the Mountain Lion Screen sharing to your Mac right now.
I tried this hoping that it would recognize the my Win7-XBMC and just work. It did happen to recognize the XBMC but could not mirror the display. AirParrot just gave me a "Connection Failed" after a few minutes. This would be really nice to add the xbmc system to have a mirrored or extended display for a mac computer. I'd get on this if I knew how, so that's why I thought I'd throw it up here.

http://airparrot.com/ <--- AirParrot websitw with free trial or buy for $10
http://vrge.co/AlbyF0 <--some more info from The Verge
I second this request with enthusiasm.
I request source code with enthusiasm...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I second the request for source code... with enthusiasm.
what the devs are saying is, as long as we can't have a look at their source code or Apple releases the specs for AirPlay-mirroring we can't implement this - sorry Sad. We'd also like to have that feature in...
I'm enthusiastic for your enthusiasm. I won something again? Big Grin
I've got a t-shirt with your avatar on it! *haha*. WORLD DOMINATION!
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Sorry joethefox - no price this time Wink
btw - last time I played DOTT was about 3 month ago on my smartphone (ScummVM FTW!) Smile
ok - thats fair, I will wait until everything comes into the open source realm.

In the meantime, is there anyway to get my computer screen to show up on the XBMC screen? Something like a VNC listener on XBMC?

So far I have tried and had mild success with the following setup:

windows media encoder running on a windows machine that I want to screencast from.
xbmc stream created with the IP:port of the windows machine I want to see the screen of.

this way, when I click on my favorites in XBMC, I can see the screen of my windows personal computer. It is pretty neat but has lots of delays and the windows media encoder is not the lightest when it comes to CPU load. Are there any other ways out there of doing this?

xbmc is not an vnc server or client. if you want that, then use a real vnc server/client.
And i'm unsure if you understood what airplay mirroring is. If i got you right it won't help you to achieve what you want.
all I want to do is get my mac or win computer's screen to show up on XBMC.

Did some more tests yesterday and was able to accomplish that. With advanced launcher and VNC, it is full screen and not too bad. HOwever, how I cannot exit VNC and go back to XBMC Smile.

I am driven to find a solution to this!
then airplay mirroring wouldn't solve it Wink
yes, AFAIK airplay mirroring works the other way around. You're not connecting from your device to a remote client to see it's desktop, but just send your desktop to a client. So you don't ask to see a remote desktop but simply push yours somewhere. In order to make this work the way you want it to be, you would have to start XBMC (once mirroring would be in), then go to your other computer and start mirroring from there.
Don't think mirroring is possible from othere devices beside iphone4s and ipad3 or am i wrong? (Thats why i'm thinking that its not a solution to his problem).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AirParrot AirPlay Screen Mirrioring4