This is not an AirParrot feature they already support it,
XBMC has yet to support it

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=AirPlay
I can see the screen of my windows personal computer.Image
(2013-04-08, 02:30)JoshDT Wrote: rude,

This is not an AirParrot feature they already support it,
XBMC has yet to support it

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=AirPlay

How is that rude? If you want AirParrot support, ask AirParrot to enable unencrypted video streams. XBMC cannot support AirPlay mirroring because AirPlay mirroring uses encryption that no one in the open source community has cracked.
Don't know if this helps, as have done some research on this... A James Laird extracted the private keys from an AirPort Express, from my understanding that key is also the same key needed for mirroring. He created ShairPort as a audio server app. There are now a few variants of it located at the bottom of page here...

https://github.com/albertz/shairport

you will find the key in the bottom of this file...

https://github.com/albertz/shairport/blo...hairport.c

Hope that helps....
Currently working on Ellipsis 1.3 Updates. Update Requests Here.
Ellipsis for XBMC 1.2.1 Click here to download & for SVN details.
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | Facebook.com/TeamBlackbolt1 | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
Where is it mentioned that this key is used for encryption. (we already use it for audio/airtunes aswell...). I need a reference.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-04-26, 23:20)Memphiz Wrote: Where is it mentioned that this key is used for encryption. (we already use it for audio/airtunes aswell...). I need a reference.

As mentioned earlier done, quite a bit of research and its been a case of piecing bits of information from all over the place. Here is some relevant info regarding mirroring and encryption...

http://www.aorensoftware.com/blog/2011/0...internals/
Yes i know this article pretty well (its old) - did you even read it? Or did you even read the comments? If you do you will basically will read what i am writing all over the place about this whole mirroring stuff.
(2013-04-27, 13:41)Memphiz Wrote: Yes i know this article pretty well (its old) - did you even read it? Or did you even read the comments? If you do you will basically will read what i am writing all over the place about this whole mirroring stuff.

Yes i read it and all the comments, and is all helpful in achieving my own mirroring server which i'm currently working on the side. Ive looked at your previous posts but not sure quite what your referring to regarding mirroring. Reverse engineering existing apps such as AirServer/RefelctionApp have helped me get a further understanding. Yes will take some time but sure ill get there eventually.

I only gave my input previously just to help aid the thread as seemed to be additional helpful information to be added for anyone doing the same as me.
(2013-04-27, 20:08)EqUiNoX Wrote:
(2013-04-27, 13:41)Memphiz Wrote: Yes i know this article pretty well (its old) - did you even read it? Or did you even read the comments? If you do you will basically will read what i am writing all over the place about this whole mirroring stuff.

Yes i read it and all the comments, and is all helpful in achieving my own mirroring server which i'm currently working on the side. Ive looked at your previous posts but not sure quite what your referring to regarding mirroring. Reverse engineering existing apps such as AirServer/RefelctionApp have helped me get a further understanding. Yes will take some time but sure ill get there eventually.

I only gave my input previously just to help aid the thread as seemed to be additional helpful information to be added for anyone doing the same as me.

hello,i am a student in tsinghua university,i do a program that need a client to recive the video from ios devices.i want use the airplay mirroring so that i dont need make a new app on ios! are you get the airplay mirroring AES key?
I tried to send an application screen via airparrot to xbmc on iPad, but got the "connection blocked" error, are there any plans to fix it or can is there alternatives for older mac ?

thanks
Any news here? Still looking for a solution to mirror my windows 7 screen to another windows 7 computer running xbmc.

Now that we have Googles Chromecast launched for mirroring on Androids. We have a second mirroring service, lets hope someone figure out something for Windows soon!
Ok, after having been quite frustrated with the situation of IOS 7 not seeing XBMC as video receiver anymore and AirParrot erroring out with "Connection Blocked", I looked in to the matter quite a bit, and I know that this is a very popular feature request.
There seems to be a misunderstanding between the AirParrot and XBMC developers: AirParrot says it should work, and the XBMC devs (or forum moderators) say it's AirParrot's fault for not being capable of sending an unencrypted video stream. I doubt either side has actually looked in to the issue, because it is quite obvious with a little bit of packet capturing.

AirParrot uses Apple's AirPlay screen mirroring protocol, but they don't encrypt the video stream. They simply don't send an AES key (param1) and AES IV (param2) - because they are optional. This makes it very possible for XBMC to work with it, since FairPlay (Apple DRM) is not an issue. I looked at most of those commercial solutions like AirServer, Reflector etc. and it seems like all of them have a dependency on iTunes and simply call it's DRM routines for the cases where it is actually needed.

Now I'm not sure if it's possible to force OS X Mountain Lion and iOS to send an unencrypted video stream by simply not declaring FairPlay as a feature (because I don't have any new Apple device that has a CPU with QuickSync for mirroring, like the iPhone 4S or MacBook Pro >2011), but by implementing /stream.xml and /stream without encryption, we would be a big step closer to full compatibility.

I have no experience with XBMC development so far, but this is a pretty feasible task so I hope I'll post back here with a commit & pull request soon.
(2013-11-20, 02:45)s1kx Wrote: Ok, after having been quite frustrated with the situation of IOS 7 not seeing XBMC as video receiver anymore and AirParrot erroring out with "Connection Blocked", I looked in to the matter quite a bit, and I know that this is a very popular feature request.
There seems to be a misunderstanding between the AirParrot and XBMC developers: AirParrot says it should work, and the XBMC devs (or forum moderators) say it's AirParrot's fault for not being capable of sending an unencrypted video stream. I doubt either side has actually looked in to the issue, because it is quite obvious with a little bit of packet capturing.

AirParrot uses Apple's AirPlay screen mirroring protocol, but they don't encrypt the video stream. They simply don't send an AES key (param1) and AES IV (param2) - because they are optional. This makes it very possible for XBMC to work with it, since FairPlay (Apple DRM) is not an issue. I looked at most of those commercial solutions like AirServer, Reflector etc. and it seems like all of them have a dependency on iTunes and simply call it's DRM routines for the cases where it is actually needed.

Now I'm not sure if it's possible to force OS X Mountain Lion and iOS to send an unencrypted video stream by simply not declaring FairPlay as a feature (because I don't have any new Apple device that has a CPU with QuickSync for mirroring, like the iPhone 4S or MacBook Pro >2011), but by implementing /stream.xml and /stream without encryption, we would be a big step closer to full compatibility.

I have no experience with XBMC development so far, but this is a pretty feasible task so I hope I'll post back here with a commit & pull request soon.

Nice! Thanks for looking into this.
(2013-11-20, 02:45)s1kx Wrote: I have no experience with XBMC development so far, but this is a pretty feasible task so I hope I'll post back here with a commit & pull request soon.

Sorry to bump an old thread; but does anyone know if this ever happened? Seems this still isn't supported in the main build but maybe there's a fork somewhere I can pull down?
Same here. AirParrot is the only solution to get my MBA (Late 2010) on my XBMC Screen.

Anything new?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AirParrot AirPlay Screen Mirrioring4