Closing MovieInformation Dialog
Hi,

I've written an Addon to play movies from an online tv recorder. So far this works great. Addon development is very comfortable for XBMC. Blush

The movie download requires me to wait for an server to prepare the file. I can check state of this preparation via an API Call. So - my Addon presents an List of Recorded Items which have as URL an internal Plugin-URL that requests the File, waits (showing an ProgressDialog) for completition and calls the real File URL by PlayMedia(...). This works pretty good when i play it from the File listing, but when i click Play from the MovieInformation Dialog XBMC hangs.

I think this is because the MovieInformation Screen has to be closed before i call PlayMedia(). But i cant close it with Dialog.Close(MovieInformation) - i don't know why but nothing matters Undecided

I hope someone understands what i do there and can tell me how to close the MovieInformation Window or how to call PlayMedia within this Window ...

Thank you,
Frank

The function is “_playWithWait” here, but the online version contains none of my trys to close the window (because it doesn't work still):
http://shellshark.indefero.net/p/xbmc-ot...bmc_otr.py
import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin('Dialog.Close(movieinformation)')
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
This is exactly the way I tried and that didn't work for me :/
Thanks for your effort, but i think i solved the problem ... and XBMC was not the Problem. Sorry :/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Closing MovieInformation Dialog0