Win Decent way to exit launched apps/return to XBMC w/ controller?
Before I begin: this has much less to do with the functionality of XBMC itself than it does managing Windows to make the experience more enjoyable.

I've been setting up my machine with XBMC and adding a bunch of Steam games and ROMs into it using Advanced Launcher and Rom Collection Browser and it's very slick so far, but there arises the issue of how I can exit a game and return back to XBMC in a semi-elegant fashion. I use a PS3 controller emulated as a 360 controller because a bunch of Steam games have built-in 360 controller support, so I don't need to button-map every game.

To put what I'm looking for into concrete terms, I'm essentially looking for a way that I can map the 360 menu button (i.e. the PS button) to Alt-F4 or something like that so that with a single press of a button, I can quit the emulator or game I'm currently running and drop right back into XBMC. I don't want to remap the entire controller because I would lose support for the games with native 360 controller support. The menu button doesn't do anything on the PC anyway besides show that little overlay thing indicating which controller is which.

Of course, if there's a more elegant solution to this that I'm unaware of, please let me know. It just seems strange to me that with the popularity of app launchers in XBMC that there's no obvious solution to actually exit the application launched.

Thanks
Under Windows I'm using this small AutoItscript to close applications with a specific key (ESC into the examples, but you can chose what you want): http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=43. Then, I could map this key to a button of a gamepad or a remote. Personnaly, I have decided to map thwe ESC key to a button of my remote. Mostly because, Then I'm under game action, I do not want to close the game by pressing a button by mistake. Mapping the remote is more safe. Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Decent way to exit launched apps/return to XBMC w/ controller?0