Win External Hard Drive issue
Noob question....

I am running Eden and using an external hard drive as my root library. When i first got on, i set up all the pretty fanart and posters and got the look just like i wanted. I had to reboot the computer and went back to jump on XBMC and everything that i had worked on was gone, i could still find the files through the system but all my movie and TV settings were erased.

It is almost like it resets itself and I have to try again, i had this problem with XBMC before and just want to learn how to make the preferences stay.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks!
They normally stay on their own. See if you can get a debug log (wiki) from this (might try to get a few debug logs, like one where you have your settings, one where the settings disappear, so the devs can compare)
It could be windows is playing musical chairs with your drive letters... and assigns the external drive a letter when it comes on stream, if the drive letter is different, proper pathing is lost.
How can I keep the Drive path from changing. I just tried some other things and the second i eject the external HD and plug it back in, it wont recognize the path anymore. This is just a little frustrating. I am just going to add an internal HD so i wont have this problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
External Hard Drive issue0