HD Audio Support
Hi and thanks in advance.

Loving Eden but looking for clarification. Does Eden support HD Audio? I have an external amplifier (Yamaha A-1000) which supports DTS-HDMA and DD-TrueHD.

I see Eden detects HD Audio, in 'movie info' it will say DTS-MA if present, or DD TrueHD, so it knows its there. However when i play them it looks to just downmix to 5.1 DD or DTS.

I can use PowerDVD to play these files and bluerays without a problem, amplifier dectects etc and all is well. But not in XBMC.

After searching, there are lots of old posts but I couldn't find info on support for these formats in the new version. So my question is, is HD Audio supported, if so what do I need to do to get my amplifer to detect it?

Thanks!

Pies
This works for me. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121877
It plays all my HD audio formats thru my Onkyo receiver.
OK thanks, i'll take a look and try and understand why it doesn't seam to be working for me.

That's a custom build - you need to download it from the links in the thread and install it.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
OK Thanks DDDamian

So the standard version of Eden doesn't support HD Audio (bitstreaming), I need the Eden build + HD Audio Patch?

I'll hunt out a version now.

Thanks.
First and second posts of the thread linked above in post 2.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Thanks for the help. Newest version installed and working 100%. Great to have HD audio working inside XBMC no need for pesky external players etc.

Thanks a bunch.

Now off to see if i can get my BD of avatar working in 3D!

Cheers and thanks again.

Pies

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD Audio Support0