quick audio offset with harmony?
Is it possible to assign an up and down button for audio offset? I find I always need to do it one way or the other and at the moment this involves pulling up menu, then audio, then audio offset, the enter, then adjust then menu back, menu back, menu back.

Then I decide its not quite right and have to go through it all again! Would be really handy to just hit say channel up or down on the harmony.
Please ignore I worked it out, totally awesome!
this would be interesting to map to my harmony as well. can you let me know how you did this.
Yea sure.

Firstly you need this wiki:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keyboard.xml

This shows you all the keymap names, for the purposes of this there is AudioDelayMinus and AudioDelayPlus.

Then you need to look inside your xbmc app, goto apps folder and right click it then show package contents, then open contents>resources>system>keymaps>joysticks.harmony

You will need text wrangler to open it, available on app store.

In here you will see all the available buttons which are available to you within Harmony (from the PLEX device) Scroll down to the section with 'full screen videos'.

I simply mapped the audio delays to F1 and F2 within this section by copying it from then saved it. hopefully you can work it out if you look at the other entries.

In the harmony software click on your activity then customise buttons then I chose the channel up and down button to apply FI and F2 and updated the remote.

I would suggest you back up that file before fiddling, though I giess worse case scenario is you need to redownload xbmc.

Jobs a goodun.

You'll want to make a copy of joysticks.harmony and save it in your userdata (wiki) folder in the keymaps folder. That way it will save the changes you made if you ever update XBMC.
Cool, will xbmc default to that then?
(2012-04-13, 08:16)garyi Wrote: Cool, will xbmc default to that then?

Yep. Anything in that folder will take preference over the core files.
Yes, that's what the userdata directory is for. Any customization should be done in there. That way, settings and you customization gets preserve between XBMC upgrades.
Not wishing to tempt fate but v11 is just so damn good!

Good work fellas.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
quick audio offset with harmony?0