Browse to SMB shares broken
As a possible work around try mapping the shares to a network drive. Then try browsing to that drive from xbmc.
Im having what I think is the same problem on both my Apple TV2 and another Windows PC on my network, both running Eden. Debug logs show nothing - just that it searches and doesnt find any new files in the directory. Will be interested to hear if you find a solution.
So locally, on the PC that has the shared folders, I can get to the shares via the direct IP address method. On the other PCs, I can find the shares only by entering the server IP address, but no contents in the shares. I am pulling my hair out. If anyone has any other ideas, I am all ears and would really appreciate it.
Did you try mapping the share as a network drive?
(2012-04-11, 16:53)mrfatboy Wrote: Did you try mapping the share as a network drive?

That seems to have done it! Thanks so much! Why do you think it took that to get it done?

Also, the scraping process seems to be taking FOREVER now. I have all local media files on those shares. Is there any reason to think that this would slow down that process? Any way to speed it up?
Hi there,

Sorry to bring up an old post, but I'm having exactly the same problem as the one described here, with four Windows 7 machines. Browsing SMB works fine from my Raspberry Pi on the same network. I even tried installing Eden instead of Frodo, but the problem still persists.

I get the same errors as noonan:
Code:
ERROR: WnetOpenEnum failed with error 53
Error: WnetOpenEnum failed with error 1222

I can browse the shares fine from Windows Explorer, and XBMC can resolve addresses if typed in manually, I just can't browse the network for a host.

Can anyone shed any further light on this?

Thanks,
Jon

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Browse to SMB shares broken1