Absurd MCE Remote issue
Hi,

I am in the process of making XBMC the center application for my media in my living room. I have a 4 year old HP Pavilion that came with a MCE remote etc.

I wanted to do a first test in the living room today and everything went fine except for one thing. For some bizar reason the MCE remote does not function when the PC is hooked up to my receiver via HDMI. As soon as I move the PC back to my normal screen (also HDMI) the remote works again.

Does anyone recognize this kind of problem?

Regards
You didn't mention what your "normal screen" is, and I could be way off here, but could it be due to leaking IR from your TV? Here's some info: http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=64463
Thanks for your input! That is actually something I could try. As I was only doing the first test in the transition to making my XBMC my media center in the living room I put the PC including IR eye right in front of my TV, a 46" plasma.

I will do the next test with the IR receiver where it would go if I stow everything away. There it will be "hidden" from the TV.

My normal screen is an HP screen: HP w2448hc.

Hi,

This is confirmed! The cause of the problem was probably the plasma screen blocking the IR. I did not know this could happen.

I did a second test and hid the IR receiver away from the plasma TV. This time the IR reacted normally.

Thanks for your help!

Regards
I'm glad that was helpful. Cheers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Absurd MCE Remote issue0