My build : ASUS F1A75-I, AMD A6-3500, SSD, Habey EMC-600SL
Hi, this is my new HTPC. (Under-Construction)

Spec
XBMC 11.0 - Eden
Windows 7 64bits (I already had it so it was free for me)
ASUS remote controller (free with motherboard)
Realtek® 8111E , 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
Wireless Data Network Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
Audio Realtek® ALC892 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
AMD Socket FM1 A- Series/E2- Series Accelerated Processors
AMD CPU Triple Core Processor Socket FM1 2.1GHZ 3MB 65W - HD6530D
Integrated AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series Graphics in Llano APU
RAM 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 (Max 2 x DIMM, Max. 16GB, DDR3)
HD 32GB SSDNow SATA
HD 750GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA
6 x USB 2.0 port(s) (4 at back panel, black+red, 2 at mid-board)
4 x USB 3.0 port(s) (2 at back panel, blue, 2 at mid-board)
1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse combo port(s)
1 x Bluetooth module(s)
1 x DVI-D
1 x DisplayPort
1 x HDMI
1 x eSATA 6Gb/s
1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
1 x Optical S/PDIF out
3 x Audio jack(s)
1 x Clear CMOS button(s)
2 x Wi-Fi antenna port(s)

Hardware Information
ASUS F1A75-I Deluxe Mini-ITX AMD A75 Fch FM1 DDR3 SATA3 PCI-E16 USB3.0 HDMI DVI DP Motherboard + Controller $144.43
Where to buy
Motherboard Spec Link

AMD A6-3500 APU W/ AMD Radeon 65XX HD GFX Triple Core Processor Socket FM1 2.1GHZ 3MB 65W Retail Box $74.29
Where to buy
CPU Spec Link

Kingston KHX1333C9D3B1K2/4G 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 NON-ECC CL9 DIMM (Kit of 2) HyperX Blu $28.05
Where to buy

Seagate Momentus ST9750420AS 750GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA 3GB/S Hard Drive $116.92
Where to buy

Kingston SS050S2/32G 32GB SSDNow S50 SATA 2 2.5 $55.83
Where to buy

Habey EMC-600SL Silver Heavy duty 3mm aluminum; aluminum brushed texture surface Mini-ITX Chassis Super-slim Mini ITX Aluminum HTPC/NAS/Server PC Case 12V DC 120W ATX power supply with 12V 5A power adapter, 20+4 - OEM $74.99
Beware, do not order this BOX because the box is too small 8" x 9" x 2.25", I did some holes and I changed the PSU for the Xbox 360 PSU, with a 10A fuses to protect the DC-DC 120W power supply.
I recommand you to use a bigger box (at least 3-4inch high).
Where to buy

Software/Settings Information
This is the list of the program I used to boot directly in XBMC.

- Windows 7 boot updater
This tool is used to change the boot text and logo.
Source and Download link
Logo XBMC for boot screen, credit to FiroPyro

- Windows 7 Logon Background Changer
This tool is used to change the Windows logon background.
Source and Download link
(I recommand you to not use a backgroup with a logo in the middle of the screen)
Download the blue Background for logon screen, credit to duduke's

- Eventghost
This tool is used to boot directly in windows, its NOT necessary but usefull. (An easy option is to change the Shell Explorer.exe to c:\...\XBMC.exe)
Source and Download link

- Windows 7 Special Setup
Change the backgroup to black, Remove the logon button/password, Disable password on wakeup.

Power Test
Work fine with 120Watts.
Crash once a while with 60Watts.

Video Test
Play 1080p H264 L5.1 MKV with HDMI Sound/Video. (Windows ONLY, H264 L4.1 with Linux)

Audio Test
HDMI sound work, have not done many audio test yet.

Hardware
CPU: 6% in Xbmc.
Mem used : 23% in Xbmc.
FPS: 60 @ 1920x1080
Temp : 37

Windows Experience Rating

Boot Speed Test
Boot time between "Press ON/OFF button" to XBMC menu : 25sec.
See video for more information

Shutdown/Resume Test
The remote can resume (wake-up) Windows.
The remote cannot power ON-OFF the computer.

Remote Test
Signal = 50ft or more. (It's working everywhere in my house)
If you use my keymap : Download keyboard.xml
Front: Left button, Up button, Down button, Right button, Enter button, Back button. ALT-TAB button, Mouse/Key Switcher button, 8 fonctions buttons (Need to hold FN on the back of the remote)
Back: HID Keyboard, 87 buttons.

WIFI Speed Test
File Transfer speed is ~6MB/sec between my computers. (~48Mbps)
Ping test between my PC (Wire) and my HTPC (Wireless)
Code:
Pinging 192.168.1.108 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.108: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=128
Reply from 192.168.1.108: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.108:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 2ms, Average = 1ms

Xbox360 PSU to PICO
Amazing Electrical schematic
Jump Red and Blue wire to enable the PSU.
(I used 16AWG wires)
Connect 3 yellow biggest wires to +12v.
Connect 3 black biggest wires to 0v.
Install a fuse to the +12v if your PICO is lower than 200watts. Why do I install a fuse?, If your motherboard want 15Amps and your pico is not able to support 15A, its possible you burn/destroy the PICO because the Xbox360 Power supply is able to give up to 17Amps. With a fuse, you protect the PICO and the fuse will break if your computer want more power. (If this happen, you'll need a bigger PICO PSU)

Fuses recommanded:
10A for 120watts PICO PSU.
13A for 160watts PICO PSU.
Do the maths: W / 12 = A

Wire Size (AWG) recommanded:
12AWG for 22A, 264watts @12vdc
14AWG for 15A, 180watts @ 12vdc (It's okay for 200watts too)
16AWG for 9A, 108watts @ 12vdc (It's okay for 120watts too)
18AWG for 6A, 72watts @ 12vdc
Just make sure you do not use 18awg for 200watts, it's dangerous for the fire.
P.S. I'm an electrical designer/engineer, those wire specs are based on the CSA/Electrical Code here in Canada.

Nice. Why did you go with that mono over this one?

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.asp...6813157273

What are the main diffs?

... Wait, does that mobo come with the wireless keyboard and remote in the pic?
(2012-04-08, 14:52)Sdpbc Wrote: Nice. Why did you go with that mono over this one?

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.asp...6813157273

What are the main diffs?

There's more with mine, but mine is more expensive... But the Asrock one should do the job too.

I wanted a remote controller and the F1A75-I come with a Remote Controller. I want to start-stop the HTPC with the remote (But I've not done it yet)
and this : Integrated AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series Graphics in Llano APU
and this : Wireless Data Network Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n

Yeah..noticed that after you posted! Looking at building one myself, and want a remote and basic keyboard. This looks awesome. Also in cda so the links are great! What did you buy for wifi and bluetooth?

Also, mind if I ask how many cables you used? New to this so trying to come up with a complete BOM.

I'm considering a fanless picopsu as the thought of too many fans turns me off, and looking around for some brushed aluminum looking cases. Pickings are slimmer up here.
I only use Wifi because I have 1 Ethernet cable near my TV... and I'm already using it for my Xbox 360...

I just dont recommand you my case. This case is TOO SMALL, check the FAN on the top, (If you remove that fan + hole, you cant close the cover) I did that with a hole saw 4inch...(youtube video) And the 12v adapter than come with my case just push 60W... With 60W the computer was crashing all the time. So, at the moment I'm using the 203W xbox360 PSU, fused at 10A, this mean 120W max. And it's working like a charm with 120W.

2 Sata cable come with the motherboard. 2 Wifi Antenna too. You need the Power Sata cables than should come with your pico PSU. And a HDMI cable to connect the TV. I use the HDMI for the sound and video so I don't need cable for audio.

P.S. This motherboard isnt VGA compatible, you cannot connect a DVI to VGA plug because 2 pins are removed. You really need a HD monitor or TV.
How is the wifi reception?
It work without the antenna, with antenna my signal is full speed.

File Transfer speed is ~6MB/sec between my computers. (~48Mbps)

Ping test between my PC (Wire) and my HTPC (Wireless)
Code:
Pinging 192.168.1.108 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.108: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.108:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 2ms, Average = 1ms
really nice post reemi!!

that ASUS DELUXE FM1 motherboard you have is really nice!

Your like me, you need WiFi, so i too, have been looking at the ASUS F1A75-I Deluxe.

However, the remote control that comes with it, i've heard bad things about it,,,

so, i got a couple of questions,,,

#1. whats the range of the remote?

#2. how do you map the buttons? using a special asus app? or eventghost which i dont like Tongue ?

#3. have you read somewhere that you can power ON from complete OFF state using your motherboard?

#4. in your BIOS, is there a feature like ASROCK has similarly named --> USB Power ON from S5 ??

#5. your Power Adapter from XBOX has a FAN right? noisy?
The remote that comes with your ASUS board, does it work like a mouse to and how? What is your thoughts about the remote??
Very cool how windows starts....
Might just copy you....

I'll use some different image at the begging....

thanx for this
(2012-04-08, 23:25)Beer40oz Wrote: Very cool how windows starts....
Might just copy you....

I'll use some different image at the begging....

thanx for this
I thought that you might like this- Customizing Windows for XBMC

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-04-08, 18:46)eskro Wrote: really nice post reemi!!

that ASUS DELUXE FM1 motherboard you have is really nice!

Your like me, you need WiFi, so i too, have been looking at the ASUS F1A75-I Deluxe.

However, the remote control that comes with it, i've heard bad things about it,,,

so, i got a couple of questions,,,

#1. whats the range of the remote?

#2. how do you map the buttons? using a special asus app? or eventghost which i dont like Tongue ?

#3. have you read somewhere that you can power ON from complete OFF state using your motherboard?

#4. in your BIOS, is there a feature like ASROCK has similarly named --> USB Power ON from S5 ??

#5. your Power Adapter from XBOX has a FAN right? noisy?

#1 the range is good, I can go anywhere in my house and its working (my house is around 1300 feet square) - so lets say at least 50feet of distance.

#2 this was a problem at the beginning. on the front of the controller you have up,down,left,right,enter,atl-tab,mouse/key_switcher,resize-windows. So I used <left mod="ctrl">analogseekback</left> as keymap (Now Im able to "back" with the front button) You can remap anything because its a HID generic keyboard/mouse

But the controller use a HID generic driver, you dont need to install any driver (tested with linux and windows).
At same time, when you press the mouse to key switch button. You up/down/left/right control the mouse cursor.

But, I think its not the best controller, but it work. maybe theres a lack of button on the front.

#3 I was wrong, I think I wont be able Sad I will need to find another way to do that...

#4 No, Im still trying to wake up the computer from sleep with the controller. ATM Im still testing and for now I press the on/off button to wake up the computer.

TEST DONE : I can resume windows with the remote. (I set SHUTDOWN to sleep, and the remote wake up the computer)

#5 The Xbox360 PSU... This is weird but in my living room its not noisy at all.. I didnt know that PSU had a fan... But if I put the psu in my bedroom and I go to sleep at the night, yes it make some noise (But its nothing compared to a PC, even my laptop make more noise). I noticed that the PSU stay very cold compared to my PSU connected to my xbox360... So maybe the fan is useless now, because I only use 80-100watts of 203 total watts...

I did some error but I learned...
-my case was too small (because of the CPU fan I guess)
-my case AC-DC adapter was too small, 60Watts only.
-the motherboard controller cant on/off the computer.
-the motherboard controller was free, but the motherboard was ~50$ more expensive, maybe an Asrock MB with a good 50$ remote can be a better choice. (If you ignore or dont need all the other features, port, etc)
(2012-04-08, 22:48)LmmO Wrote: The remote that comes with your ASUS board, does it work like a mouse to and how? What is your thoughts about the remote??

It work like an HID mouse and HID keyboard. (You switch between mouse and keyboard with a button on the remote)

Its doing the job, I always wanted a keyboard so this remote was a good option for me. Unfortually theres a lack of button on the front.

theres a shift/cap/page-down/page-up/home/end/numbers/windows button/ctrl-alt-del button/ too on the keyboard.
Okay... Which remote in the same pricerange would you recomment over the bundle one with the ASUS board. My original plan was the ASROCK board...
(2012-04-09, 13:18)LmmO Wrote: Okay... Which remote in the same pricerange would you recomment over the bundle one with the ASUS board. My original plan was the ASROCK board...
This one- Lenovo N5902 Enhanced Multimedia Remote with Backlit Keyboard (57Y6678).....

(2012-04-09, 12:30)reemi Wrote: [quote='eskro' pid='1069857' dateline='1333903596']

(2012-04-09, 12:30)reemi Wrote: #3 I was wrong, I think I wont be able Sad I will need to find another way to do that...

TEST DONE : I can resume windows with the remote. (I set SHUTDOWN to sleep, and the remote wake up the computer)
You can email this place because their CIR option might work with your mobo and remote- Inteset
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My build : ASUS F1A75-I, AMD A6-3500, SSD, Habey EMC-600SL1