XBMC and Eventghost Focus Question
Long time reader first time poster Big Grin

I have recently been messing around with Eventghost and XBMC and having a blast figuring out how they interface, but a nagging issue has come up and I am hoping you can help.

I have set up Eventghost so that when a new movie is downloaded it runs TheRenamer, then Ember Media Manager and then updates XBMC's library, however as it does each of these processes it shifts the focus away from XBMC and goes back to the desktop. I am not sure if it is more of an ALT-TAB sort of focus shift or a minimize but either way if I happen to be using the XBMC at the time it becomes annoying. I have set each "Application Run" in XBMC to run hidden but it doesnt seem to have any effect.

So I guess my question is: how can I stop XBMC from losing focus when EG runs other applications, or automatically bring the focus back to XBMC.

Running Windows 7 and the newest build of EG. Thanks in advance for your help.
Can you post the script as you have it now? sorry i can't help with your question but I wouldn't mind having an eventghost script that does what yours does now
XBMC uses Direct X when fullscreen in windows by default. Direct X does not share focus with any other apps. You will need to run XBMC in full screen window rather than true full screen. Your system may take a performance hit when doing this but if your system is strong enough you shouldn't have problems. You can change the option in system settings.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
The issue of XBMC losing focus has been discussed in a few other threads... it is a problem I'm hoping a dev will address, but until then there is no "fix", just workarounds like using apps to ensure it maintains focus - EG can do this. Just use Find Window + Maximize... this should fix the problem.

As for running apps 'hidden', I'm not sure that is possible unless the app supports it.
- I think TheRename can run command line, not sure.
- if you have the ability, you could also run Sick Beard, and it can do the renaming and preping for XBMC.
- you can also try Filebot: http://filebot.sourceforge.net/ -- it runs scripted though I have not tried it.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Pako from the eventghost forum as put together a really powerful EventGhost example with prebuilt python scripts to ensure focus is working, as well as testing if the application is running or not. Have a look here: http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopi...1218#p7153

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC and Eventghost Focus Question0