Help with correcting the structure of my addon
I have made a minimalistic addon which I am unable to get the right structure on, XBMC complains when I install it as a zip that the structure is faulty. I have no idea what is wrong Huh

The addon is attached, I would be very happy if anyone could take a quick look at it, I have probably done a newbie error Smile

Here is the addon (can't find the attach button?):
http://www.mediafire.com/?g96tv2815ij9bb6
Your addon.xml is missing a few things. The <requires> and the <provides>

Corrected below
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="script.osswitcher"
       name="OS Switcher"
       version="1.0"
       provider-name="toxicious">
  <requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.0"/>
  </requires>
  <extension point="xbmc.python.script"
             library="default.py">
  </extension>
  <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
    <summary lang="en">Switch OS with the click of a button</summary>
    <description lang="en">Switch to a second OS by the press of a button with this addon. </description>
    <disclaimer lang="en">Remember to set the number of the OS (grub's number) and the sudo password in the addon settings.</disclaimer>
    <platform>linux</platform>
  </extension>
</addon>

So far, that's all I see...
Thanks for correcting that, didn't even know I needed a "require" for the python code.
The "provides" tag is undocumented at the wiki, so maybe someone with a little knowledge on what it does should change that Smile

Though the addon still refuses to install, same error as before (structure). So there must be something else wrong. What structure does it check, is it only the addon,xml or does it check the files and so on too?
It also checks the .zip file structure.
Grab a zip file from another plugin and see how it's done
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Done that, but I can't see any errors Sad
God dammit, why can't xbmc just tell me what the fault is?
It may not know what the error is. It looks for a few specific things (which are different depending on your addon.xml) and if it doesn't find them, it has no idea where else to look.

In your case, I think leave out the <provides> tag and see what happens
(2012-04-10, 00:26)Bstrdsmkr Wrote: It may not know what the error is. It looks for a few specific things (which are different depending on your addon.xml) and if it doesn't find them, it has no idea where else to look.

In your case, I think leave out the <provides> tag and see what happens

Good find.. I just tested his script on my system, installed fine.. Strange how my script has the <provides>(where I took the info from), I think is it a left over from early Dharma... I changed the addon.xml that I posted that is equivalant to the one that successfully installed(just incase someone falls on this thread in the future.)
Lucky guess lol. I hadn't seen it set like that before and my addons work fine without it so I figured it was worth a shot lol
Could anybody help with mine? I got the same error tried everything;
www.***.nl/script.video.sopcast-remote-server.zip

Never mind, got it~!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with correcting the structure of my addon0