Win Gotham 13.2 Freezes video on MKV
Greetings.

I am running a 4GB laptop running just XBMC on it using 13.2 on my Windows 8.1 x64. I am wirelessly connected to my network and watching the mkvs on a NAS device connected wired to my router.
Now I can't recreate the problem every time but it happens enough times that it is annoying. What happens is the video will freeze but the audio continues to go. When you click on the program the program says it is frozen and waiting for it to respond but the sound still works.

Ideas? The library updates at restart and like every hour.

Another question how do I keep the library update from showing up all the time. Also it says cannot connect to source. I can't figure out which sources it is unable to connect to. If I minimize the program I can get to all the sources. Any help on that would be great. All the sources are on my desktop in the other room and my NAS.

Thanks in advance.
Well...we need a Debug Log. Otherwise it's hard to tell.

Have you tried with a wired connection to your network for testing if the issue still persists?
To stop the updates showing

Settings -> videos -> Hide progress of library updates
Settings -> music -> Hide progress of library updates

As to the rest, debug log (wiki), as David1977 says Smile
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2014-10-28, 10:09)David1977 Wrote: Well...we need a Debug Log. Otherwise it's hard to tell.

Have you tried with a wired connection to your network for testing if the issue still persists?
Sorry for the delay. Holiday had me busy.
Here is the log file for the issue with the "Cannot connect to source"

http://pastebin.com/8V17tMx8

Can't see which source it is trying to connect to that it can't.

(2014-10-28, 10:57)black_eagle Wrote: To stop the updates showing

Settings -> videos -> Hide progress of library updates
Settings -> music -> Hide progress of library updates

As to the rest, debug log (wiki), as David1977 says Smile

Thanks black that helped.

Working on the log file for the freezing problem.
OK here is the config file as the video froze and the sound continued. Any ideas?

Here is the Log: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/8844751/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham 13.2 Freezes video on MKV0