• 11(current)
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS
I cannot get the app to see the server. Works fine in a browser (//192.168.0.10:8080) but not in the app. Surely this proves I have no firewall or port issue. Tried different ports and no username / password. Stil noy joy
Any ideas?
(2012-06-16, 21:45)Dakurt71 Wrote: app crashes on movies for me

i have 812 movies, maybe that has something to do with it?

Hi, number of movies should not be the issue. I need the crashlog to understand what's going on. Have you opted into sending diagnostic and usage information to Apple? If yes I will receive the crashlog, otherwise I need that you manually post the crashlog (as usually services such pastebin.com or equivalent are ok), you can find it in (are copied across everytime you sync your device)

Mac OS X:
~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<DEVICE_NAME>
Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<DEVICE_NAME>
Windows Vista or 7
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<DEVICE_NAME>

Where:
<USERNAME> is the user's login name for the computer. <DEVICE_NAME> is the name of the iOS device, for example, "Joe's iPhone".

thank you.
(2012-06-17, 11:18)johnyb Wrote: I cannot get the app to see the server. Works fine in a browser (//192.168.0.10:8080) but not in the app. Surely this proves I have no firewall or port issue. Tried different ports and no username / password. Stil noy joy
Any ideas?
Are you using XBMC v11 Eden?

(2012-06-17, 12:18)joethefox Wrote:
(2012-06-17, 11:18)johnyb Wrote: I cannot get the app to see the server. Works fine in a browser (//192.168.0.10:8080) but not in the app. Surely this proves I have no firewall or port issue. Tried different ports and no username / password. Stil noy joy
Any ideas?

OpenElec (which is V10)
@johnyb: I'm sorry, but the remote app works from xbmc v11 (eden) and above.
(2012-06-17, 13:09)joethefox Wrote: @johnyb: I'm sorry, but the remote app works from xbmc v11 (eden) and above.
My mistake I did not read that in the app notes. Thanks.
Love the remote thanks for all your work. I'm having an issue with artwork, none of mine displays for TV or movies.
Are you using a pre-Frodo nightly?
Hi everybody! Maybe its not the right thread if so please PM and delete.

I'm running Eden stable on an Acer Revo and I'm trying to get the awesome looking remote to work on my ipad2.

When using the "find xbmc" command in the app I get a "no xbmc instances were found", even though the acer is up and running with XBMC on.

I CAN connect to the WebUI on the Revo through a browser but not from a different PC in my network, even though I see the Revo in the network. I also tried manually setting up the IP and port in the app but with no success.

since there is no "how to" for the app in this thread maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

thanks
Do you have a firewall or something else blocking XBMC from reaching the network outside of the PC it is running on.
(2012-06-17, 13:03)johnyb Wrote:
(2012-06-17, 12:18)joethefox Wrote:
Any ideas?

OpenElec (which is V10)

I'm having this problem to and I'm running the beta version of OpenELEC which is Eden. I'm almost 100% sure I've got XBMC configured correctly but I'll triple check it again tonight.
@unabatedshagie, let me know how goes tonight, if something will goes wrong don't hesitate to write here your issue
Quote:Do you have a firewall or something else blocking XBMC from reaching the network outside of the PC it is running on.

There is no firewall except the standard win7 firewall with "stock" settings. Is there any way I could test the machines reachability (outside of xbmc)? Any settings in the network center that need to be changed from the stock settings?

thx!
When you first started XBMC, Win 7 should have asked if you want XBMC to reach the network. Easy test is to turn off the firewall and see if XBMC becomes reachable.
(2012-06-20, 14:55)joethefox Wrote: @unabatedshagie, let me know how goes tonight, if something will goes wrong don't hesitate to write here your issue

Must have been a config issue on my end. Played about with it tonight and got it working fine.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS8