• 15(current)
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS
(2012-06-26, 16:57)joethefox Wrote: @amcfarla, halburrows: Guys, I am very sorry and of course lengthen the timeout was just the first step. In version 1.1.3, waiting for review, there should be an improvement performance on retrieving large number of movies and tv shows.

Let's do this: there is some room yet for debug users, PM me your device UDID and I will send you a 1.1.3 test version.

I will get my UDID to you this evening. Thanks a bunch!!
@joethefox
Thx remote is working now
(2012-06-27, 15:40)mierdatuti Wrote: 1) If exists a possibility to open the XBMC when I send the WOL pocket?.
This is most likely something you'll need to setup on the PC. Sending a command to the PC to start an app after running WOL would be tricky as there is no telling where XBMC is installed. If you have EvenGhost, it can run a task after the PC starts or wakes up from standby.

A suggestion.

1. When you are in any section (like I'm in a season of Breaking Bad for example) there is the back button but in order to get to the main menu or movies etc I need to press back a few times to get to the main menu. What about adding a modifier to the back button so that if you hold it for 1-2 seconds you get a menu which will let you quickly jump to the different sections?
Not bad as idea, I will look into the feasibility. To speed-up the back process you can even do a swipe gesture left to right from any point of the screen (and right to left to go to the now playing).
I think I can press back a few times or swipe quicker than holding down the back button for 1-2 seconds.
Hi. This is my first post and I really need some help. I'm very new to all this. I've been running this app through my wireless router which then connects to my Media server (via cable), everything ran smoothly and I could control xmbc with my iPhone flawlessly. I've now been asked to bring my server to a friends house but I dont want to lug the router with. I purchased a wireless usb and connected but I'm having issues with the app connecting to the server. Do you guys have any ideas on how I can get it to connect?
Make sure the iOs device and the PC are connected to the same local network. Then just do a scan from within the app using the "find XBMC" button inside of the add host menu.
hey guys, I still haven't been able to connect to XBMC. To make sure it is not a windows issue I started openElec instead of my usual XBMC on Win7. No changes.

Then, I even changed my router (was planning to do so anyway) to see if the router firewall was giving me trouble, but still get the same error "no xbmc instances were found", no matter if I use auto-discover or manually add the server.

I really don't what to do but I'd so love to use this awesome looking app!
(2012-06-29, 07:06)RevoCenter Wrote: hey guys, I still haven't been able to connect to XBMC. To make sure it is not a windows issue I started openElec instead of my usual XBMC on Win7. No changes.

Then, I even changed my router (was planning to do so anyway) to see if the router firewall was giving me trouble, but still get the same error "no xbmc instances were found", no matter if I use auto-discover or manually add the server.

I really don't what to do but I'd so love to use this awesome looking app!

what version of openElec are you using? The app only works with Eden version of XBMC, and unless you are using the openElec beta, that is sill using Dharma which doesn't work with the iOS remote app.
ok, as probably expected by everyone here, the mistake was on my side. I have never configured any firewall rules in the standard win7 firewall. Still, it appears it was blocking some of XBMCs activities. I now manually allowed everything in- and outgoing from XBMC.exe and finally was able to access the server via the *AWSOME* remote.

One small wish for a future update: when first setting up a server, one can select "prefer posters for tv shows", however, you cannot edit this setting later, only by setting up the server completely new (which only takes a minute I know)

Thanks for all your feedback and suggestions! keep up the good work
Try to long press the server row... next release has also a more intuitive arrow to allow server editing
hello, great app but i want to ask something if can be possible to add a button on that remote control for they when you turn on the ATV and you can move for open the XBMC or any other options outside of the XBMC program, if not please can recomend one program name please for iphone/ipad ?

thanks
Hi, next release will have the Wake on LAN function, so you will able to turn on your xbmc machine if it support the WOL feature. Regarding launching xbmc app after the machine is up, I think it depends on which operating system is installed xbmc and this type function at the moment isn't covered.
Hi, absolutely love this app, tried out a couple others and it's the best one by far.

I checked through the functionality and a bunch of posts and didn't see this mentioned - how do you refresh the library from the app?

I'm adding shows from over the network to a different drive and I don't want to have to restart xbmc every time I want it to check for new content.

I realize I may be missing something very simple.

Thanks!
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS8