• 79(current)
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS
Hi smurphy,

Regarding music playlists: right, playlist support is far enough to be efficient BUT in the next 1.3 version I've done some work on this side allowing you to start a smartplaylist in party mode and in random mode both smart and simple playlists, just like in XBMC GUI.

Regarding Music albums playback: reading your words I understand that you are using the file mode that is a lot limited, try to build the XBMC Music Library http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...he_library and try again. For example, when in library mode if you enter into an album, whatever song you selects all the entire album is enqueued and the playback starts from the position you had chosen.
Thx for the hint. Waiting to see Version 1.3 then Smile

Regarding the Music Albums - it is all through the Library - as these are also kind of smart-playlists.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="artists">
    <name>Toto</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="artist" operator="contains">
        <value>Toto</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>
So I think your response 1 applies ... :}
I do have some m3u playlists (old ones) I have not tried these out yet though ...

If I go on the Albus (Library mode), yes, it has worked the way as you describe it.
I take advantage of you, I see you use a lot of playlists (support I'm adding just now because in truth I do not use playlists). I would like to ask you an opinion: in version 1.3 I did that as soon as you select a playlist rather than see its contents there is the list of choices like "Play in party mode", "Play in shuffle mode", "Show Content", is more comfortable using them in this manner, right?
(2013-04-13, 10:09)CaptainKen Wrote: How do you get the movie poster view rather than the list on an iPad?

Bump.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2013-04-16, 19:52)joethefox Wrote: I take advantage of you, I see you use a lot of playlists (support I'm adding just now because in truth I do not use playlists). I would like to ask you an opinion: in version 1.3 I did that as soon as you select a playlist rather than see its contents there is the list of choices like "Play in party mode", "Play in shuffle mode", "Show Content", is more comfortable using them in this manner, right?

That would be perfect ! Yes.
Usually - when selecting a playlist - we want to play the songs in it back. So having the option to play it back in party/shuffle mode would be awesome Smile
FYI - the playlists I have - I did the following:

All Song that
- have a rating Higher 2 (E.g. 3, 4 and 5)
- have a rating higher 3 (E.g. 4 and 5)
- have a rating higher 4 - in other words the awesome songs.

Then - All the artists as in Toto, The Alan Parsons Project etc. - include all Albums by these artists.

Another smart-playlist I have is: Album("Selection of several different Artists") AND "Rating > 2"

The latter provides some very nice possibilities to actually have the rated songs from the artists one likes.

These are the Smart Playlists I am using ... The reason is very simple.
I play back most of the time my songs while at work using Amarok.
I have also written (well - not really written), developed (MySQL queries) a method to sync the Ratings and playcounts between the XBMC MySQL DB entries and the Amarokdb MySQL DB entries to keep these in sync. This way - the changes I do on one system get synced to the other system. In the same time - Amarok writes the ratings into the mp3/m4a files, so that this data is kept in sync. The playcount is alas not inserted as metadata into the audio-files, hence my workaround over the DB.
The reason I have started using smart playlists is that these will be adapted automatically depending on the playcount, rating and Artist names. Reason I use it.

And - once you get used to using dynamic/smart playlists, you don't want to miss these :} as using this method, whatever playback system you use, the playlists will be adapted dynamically.

I'll be your most eager beta-tester if required !Big Grin
@CaptainKen, for sure he was talking about the movie poster in the list because the movie poster "wall" view isn't yet released!

@smurphy, deal.
(2013-04-16, 20:45)smurphy Wrote: Amarok
Now I understand, I'm also an Amarok fan (from version 1. and yes, I liked also version 2.... Big Grin )
(2013-04-16, 20:45)smurphy Wrote: (...) And - once you get used to using dynamic/smart playlists, you don't want to miss these :} as using this method, whatever playback system you use, the playlists will be adapted dynamically.
you've convinced me!
(2013-04-16, 20:45)smurphy Wrote: I'll be your most eager beta-tester if required !Big Grin
I'll be happy, more feedback we collect more improvements we can do!
Problem: when using touch devices such as iOS or Android phones or pads user has to look at the TV screen whipe tapping on the hand device screen.
While classic remotes have advantage here by having embossed buttons where user can actually feel which button he or she is pressing, using touch screen devices users tend to hit wrong button on the touchscreen while looking at the TV screen at the same time. Has this ever happened to you?

Feature proposal: While users have difficulties observing handheld touch screen and TV screen at the same time it would be useful to have information on currently selected item on handheld screen, whether it is a menu option or any other item.
Since it would be too demanding to stream simultaneously whole screen back to phone, i beleve that having text only displayed of currently selected item would help significantly.

Im not sure if I explained clearly enough. Smile
Did you guys get what I tried to say?
@Drol, you've been very clear! but... for your problem, I have an alternative solution: the gesture zone!!
"The gesture remote was added to allow one finger navigation throughout the XBMC interface. It is not meant to be burdened down with many multiple finger gestures. It is meant for a laid back "thumb" navigation experience." ™
You can:

1. Navigate up/down/left/right
2. Select an item
3. Go back
4. Activate the player controls (OSD)
5. Activate the context menu

with just one thumb and without watching the iDevice.
Well that explains it, I lost track of versions and thought 1.3 had been released. Thx Joe for replying.
no problem! last time I've posted the video, I hadn't yet found a solution for where to put the button to change view, it took weeks to find a solution! the solution:

a button on top of the view near the search box \m/
Nice!! Can't wait to use it!

Curious shouldn't the icon reflect the view that isn't shown, rather than the view that is? So for instance if I'm in List View, I can clearly see that I can press Wall View to change to it? IMO it seems more intuitive for those less knowing.

Anyway you choose, it's an awesome feature!
What's the iphone shortcut url for this app?
You can download the app from the AppStore now.
Sorry. I meant is there a custom url scheme to open the app? Like xbmc://?
I have a question about a specific function. I don't kbps if someone already asked it, I saw in the android app with the shutdown, reboot, clean and update library a function to call the shutdown button. I regularly use the shutdown menu so the question is: did you ever think to add that option?
  • 79(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS8