• 9(current)
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS
(2012-06-09, 16:03)Bummerfiend Wrote:
(2012-06-09, 10:54)iDunc Wrote: Thanks the lightning quick response joethefox.

Yes on Eden and I have confirmed all settings under that menu option, allow control, name, port user, pass but it still does not connect?

Could it be anything else?

Thanks

Had the same problem on my Mac Mini!

Just changed the port that xbmc uses to 8888 (anything other than 8080) and it started working.

Hope it works for you!

THIS WORKED thankyou thankyou thankyou Big Grin
Yeah!! I'm happy. Thank you Bummerfiend Cool

joethefox: have you thought about having your own internal database of the movies on the xbmc library on the app itself and sync from time to time or manually? this way the timeout or the wait you experience everytime you go to movies would become much quicker? just look for updates from time to time maybe when the software starts in the background?
He is trying to avoid that. This is a remote and not full blown XBMC. It may come down to caching, but then like you mention, you have to then figure out when to update that cache. I know this is not something JoetheFox has wanted to do with this app.
(2012-06-09, 18:15)joethefox Wrote:
(2012-06-09, 17:39)amcfarla Wrote: I will definitely be a test dummy once it gets into the app store, and see if that 240 second timeout solves my problems. Definitely appreciate a developer who is interested in listening to the the people using their app and making it better. Thanks joethefox.
Love
try to see if these tips can help to speed up mysql http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...-up_tweaks

Unfortunately I am using mysql on a Synology NAS, so I don't think I can use any of speed up tips for the Windows version of mysql, and I am already pointing my IP address to the mysql database. Thanks for the suggestions though.
Thank for app.

Is there a way or will there be a way to play media on iPad?

Most of my media are in M4V and compatible with iPad so there would be no need for transcoding and such, just feeding them from XBMC to iPad would be enough.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I've recorded some numbers to test the movies list.

XBMC with 721 movies running on MBP 2010 core i5. Wireless N connection.

iPhone 4s 721 Movies = 2.844 sec.
iPad2 721 Movies = 2.734 sec.

so definitively should not be normal that users with 600+ movies after 30 seconds do not get yet anything.
(2012-06-09, 20:13)kricker Wrote: He is trying to avoid that. This is a remote and not full blown XBMC. It may come down to caching, but then like you mention, you have to then figure out when to update that cache. I know this is not something JoetheFox has wanted to do with this app.
Nod
(2012-06-09, 21:39)pecinko Wrote: Thank for app.

Is there a way or will there be a way to play media on iPad?

Most of my media are in M4V and compatible with iPad so there would be no need for transcoding and such, just feeding them from XBMC to iPad would be enough.

look at line 973...
https://github.com/joethefox/Unofficial-...ler.m#L973
give me the time to see if something good can be implemented...
(2012-06-09, 23:32)joethefox Wrote: I've recorded some numbers to test the movies list.

so definitively should not be normal that users with 600+ movies after 30 seconds do not get yet anything.

Have you tested using a mysql database to see how it performs? I have noticed anything that does take more than 30 seconds to bring up, it loses connection, and then about a minute later it reconnects, but it doesn't bring up the item you were trying to look at. I have noticed trying to bring up a music artist it does it also.
no, tested only the default db. At the moment after the timeout (30 seconds) everything is cleared (app thinks that xbmc has gone ...). Increasing the timeout to 240 seconds should help you. It's a beginning... further investigations are needed.
(2012-06-09, 23:32)joethefox Wrote: I've recorded some numbers to test the movies list.

Ok I decided to try something from my end, I created a new XBMC database not using mysql. I added about 116 movies to the library, and when I bring up "watch your movies" on the remote it takes about 3 seconds to bring up the list. So there is a definite time difference using mysql compared to a local database. Hope this helps you out joethefox.
are you on ipad 1,2 or 3?
(2012-06-10, 00:20)joethefox Wrote: are you on ipad 1,2 or 3?

I have actually tested this on a iPad(first gen), and New iPad(3rd gen), being I have both, and same performance on both using mysql.
ok, thank you.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS8