• 2(current)
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS
link to a video that demonstrates the app in use: http://youtu.be/eAaKlgbD7_U
And finally is here!

Get one before they sell out! available on AppStore (near frozen food section).
I just grabbed this to check it out. So far I have setup multiple XBMC instances, but the app will not connect to either of them. It just sits on the add host dropdown.
Damn! Try without password under "Allow control of XBMC via HTTP" in XBMC System>Network>Services and see if it connect.
I tried it, and it works awesome for me. Future request #1 from me is being able to auto-find instances of XBMC on the network, but the work thus far is very solid.
I confirm that I made a mistake with a double colon while building user authentication. This is the last time I'm using XBMC without password Rolleyes I'm submitting a patched version to Apple. Sorry for the inconvenience but for the moment we must leave xbmc without password... :'(

@natethomas, thank you for your support. Future request #1 accepted Big Grin
Just submitted 1.0.1 to Apple for the approval.

To forgive me about the error of the password (remember that until 1.0.1 comes out we should not set a password for the http connection in XBMC interface) here's a little pre-pre-preview (in use) of the iPad (universal) version that will be ... The Italian jeans version

I think you've already guessed how the various sections (music / movies / pictures and remote control) will be represented, otherwise I will tweet the answer Big Grin
So I got it working without the password. Not a big deal since I'm behind my firewall anyhow.

For TV I use posters and not banners. I'd prefer an option to have it look like the movie section.

As for look and feel, if your goal is to make this hopefully become the "Official" XBMC iOS remote, I think it needs some UI graphics love. Mainly in the remote section. I'd be glad to assist you with this if you want it. I think it should also have Confluence styling cues to really blend it into the XBMC family.

I really like the simplicity of the main menu.

I concur with natethomas's request of scanning for the XBMC hosts and very happy to hear you agree.

I don't use gesture controls, but I bet your gonna be getting that as request very soon.

I'd like a way to get to the addons for each section as well. At least be able to see the list of add-ons to choose one.
Thank you for your feedback!
(2012-05-03, 01:18)kricker Wrote: So I got it working without the password. Not a big deal since I'm behind my firewall anyhow.
It was my fault. Sad Version 1.0.1 has been already send to Apple with password support.
(2012-05-03, 01:18)kricker Wrote: For TV I use posters and not banners. I'd prefer an option to have it look like the movie section.
Gotcha!
(2012-05-03, 01:18)kricker Wrote: As for look and feel, if your goal is to make this hopefully become the "Official" XBMC iOS remote (n.d. joe: would be an honor for me), I think it needs some UI graphics love. Mainly in the remote section. I'd be glad to assist you with this if you want it. I think it should also have Confluence styling cues to really blend it into the XBMC family.
and I'd be glad to be assisted!
(2012-05-03, 01:18)kricker Wrote: I really like the simplicity of the main menu.
This is yours! The main menu was taken from the Official XBMC Remote for Android.
(2012-05-03, 01:18)kricker Wrote: I concur with natethomas's request of scanning for the XBMC hosts and very happy to hear you agree.

I don't use gesture controls, but I bet your gonna be getting that as request very soon.

I'd like a way to get to the addons for each section as well. At least be able to see the list of add-ons to choose one.
tasks that should be done, I agree. We need a plan Big Grin

hint: did you notice that you can go backward / forward through the screens with the swipe gesture left / right and not just clicking on the arrows at the top?
Well, I'll work up some new UI elements for you in the next few days. I'm slow with work ATM, so it is a good time.
Great work on this! One comment in my first day of testing is that there are no directional controls which are necessary for those of us who have movies with menus. As it is now, there is no way to play a movie that goes to the dvd menu selection.
(2012-05-04, 21:22)trpltongue Wrote: Great work on this!
thank you!, you are a friend Smile
Quote: One comment in my first day of testing is that there are no directional controls which are necessary for those of us who have movies with menus.
This task cannot be accomplished by the remote control section?
Quote:As it is now, there is no way to play a movie that goes to the dvd menu selection.
To better understand, what are the steps that you make normally with XBMC to complete this task?
My apologies, I should clarify. Yes, the remote control section absolutely will work for directional controls, however, you must go all the way back out to the remote control section to use them. Then, once done with the directional controls you must go back to the movies section to be able to pause / play / ffwd, etc. It would be convenient to either have a small d-pad on the "now playing" screen along with the transport controls, or a shortcut to bring up the directional controls while in the now playing screen.

Perhaps it's just me, but I maintain all my movies exactly as they are on the disc with full menus / subtitles / etc. In xbmc (without the remote app) I select Movies, scroll through and find my movie, then select play. At this point the movie goes straight to the dvd menu. At this point I need the directional controls to move from "chapters" or "special features" or whatever to "play" and then hit select to begin the movie. Additionally, if I want to enable subtitles, alt audio, etc. I need directional controls to do that as well.

When using the remote control app, once I've selected a movie and hit "play" the remote control app goes to the now playing screen which has only basic transport controls (play / pause / ffwd / etc). Again, I think it's fantastic work and I can't wait to see the ipad version as it's much easier to use than remembering all the keyboard shortcuts Smile
Ok, now I completely understand your use case. I will look into a solution to better help you in this kind of task. Perhaps a shortcut/gesture to bring up the directional controls while in the now playing screen could be a good compromise, as you suppose.
I would love to try this on my iPad2. However, because I don't like to lose my jailbreak, I'm still on iOS 4. Why is iOS 5 needed for this program?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS8