• 3(current)
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS
(2012-05-06, 21:03)xburchartz Wrote: I would love to try this on my iPad2. However, because I don't like to lose my jailbreak, I'm still on iOS 4. Why is iOS 5 needed for this program?
Hi, iOS 5 is needed because the app use the iOS 5 ARC feature
Version 1.0.1 has been released with these changes:
- Search Wikipedia on Albums and Artists
- Solved bug with xbmc password authentication

and a new 1.0.2 version has been submitted to apple with this change log:
Added:
- feature to discover XBMC instances over the network in host setup
- switch to prefer posters for Tv shows in host setup
- buttons to raise or lower the volume level
- gesture swipe from left to show up the remote control while in now playing
- keypress repeats on directional, select and back buttons on the remote control
Just tried this and it works really well. A couple things that didn't work as I'd expected (rightly or wrongly) is on the remote.
The fast forward button skips 30 secs rather than speeding up and the (presumably) power button doesn't do anything.
I'd like the power button just to exit xbmc, but I guess others would like it to shut down the pc. A choice would be great.

Keep up the good work
Thank you.
For the fast forward button perhaps you are right... it was my convenience to have the 30 second skip Big Grin. I will make these buttons comply with the specifications.

Instead the top button is intended to toggle xbmc fullscreen, doesn't perform this task for you?

About close/open/shutdown/powerOn xbmc instance/machine I'm thinking to a separate section to accomplish all these stuff.
You've got another 2 right arrows which also skip 30 secs, so hopefully you'll do a fast forward Wink
The top button didn't do anything but I'll try again. If you can include an exit and shutdown, then you have created everything I wanted

Edit: actually the oval button does toggle full screen mode. Although I've never used that function.
The other right button (either side of stop and pause) just goes straight to the end in my tv shows or skips 3 mins in a movie. I've only got 1 movie to test though, until my limit freshes on Thursday.

Edit2: using backrow skin, if it makes a difference
At the moment I've mapped the remote buttons to do the following actions.

First two rows remote control buttons:

◄◄ = smallbackward (30 sec.)
► = Pauses or unpause playback
►► = smallforward (30 sec.)

|◄ = Go to previous item on the playlist
■ = Stops playback
|| = Pauses or unpause playback
►| = Go to next item on the playlist

and the below four directional buttons are mapped to navigate left/right/up/down in GUI.

These four directional buttons can assume different action depending where you are:

1. GUI:
navigate

2. Movie/Tv show fullscreen playback:
► = smallforward (30 sec.)
◄ = smallbackward (30 sec.)
▲ = seek + 10 min
▼ = seek - 10 min.

3. Music fullscreen playback:
► = Go to next item on the playlist
◄ = Go to previous item on the playlist
▲ = rate +1 song
▼ = rate -1 song

So the motivation that I've mapped the first row of buttons to do small backward and forward is the lack of this capability during music playback. But I agree with you that could be better to map these buttons to set the speed of the current playback. Maybe a long press could be a good trick to do different actions with the same button.
Hi love this App will you be adding Movie Sets, alot of people seem to use movie sets

Sami
I'm really loving the remote. Are there plans to integrate some of the new features back into the android version?
This is from a different developer. You will need to ask the android remote devs.
(2012-05-13, 19:44)dibsta Wrote: Hi love this App will you be adding Movie Sets, alot of people seem to use movie sets

Sami

Movie sets should be supported, I agree. I will look into the feasibility. thank you for your feedback.
1.0.2 has been published with this change log:
Added:
- feature to discover XBMC instances over the network in host setup
- switch to prefer posters for Tv shows in host setup
- buttons to raise or lower the volume level
- gesture swipe from left to show up the remote control while in now playing
- keypress repeats on directional, select and back buttons on the remote control
(2012-05-13, 20:43)kricker Wrote: This is from a different developer. You will need to ask the android remote devs.

But doesn't this share some code (roughly)?
Nope, are written in different languages
(2012-05-10, 10:41)joethefox Wrote: Version 1.0.1 has been released with these changes:
- Search Wikipedia on Albums and Artists

This is probably an advanced feature but I always thought it would would be awesome to search last.fm charts for an artist

Example:

http://m.last.fm/music/Rhianna/+charts?s...onth&go=Go
http://www.last.fm/music/Rhianna/+charts...onth&go=Go

Then when you go to an artist using the remote you can see what there most popular songs are.

Also very much looking forward to an iPad version Smile
@zag, I really like your Idea!!!! I will see what I can do.

Two new screenshots taken from iPad
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS8