• 14(current)
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS
(2012-06-24, 20:54)RevoCenter Wrote:
(2012-06-24, 19:15)kricker Wrote: Have you turned off the Windows 7 firewall yet? If not you should start your testing with that off.

yes it's off on the XBMC machine

(2012-06-24, 10:35)johan.smits Wrote: Everything needs be learned.
0.0.0.0 is any ip
127.0.0.1 is localhost
Must be a firewall problem.
Tried telnet?
If telnet from a remote system doesn't work try from the xbmc machine itself

so if netstat -a does NOT show

"192.168.1.5 8080 listening" (.1.5 being the IP of the XBMC machine) does that already mean there's something wrong?

Have not tried telnet yet as it's not part of the regular win7 install and my "slim" install on the xbmc machine won't let me add it later. Is putty a useable alternative for the test you recommended?

Yes putty is the one to use.
I may be missing this, but if not; *request*

The option to go back and forth from the remote gui to the now playing gui.

Basically to be able to pick and choose the songs in the current playlist easily.

Such a fantastic app though. Looks great and works great.
Hey joethefox, thanks for implementing the requested features that quickly! Works like a charm! Keep on the good work!
Thank you guys for the kind words! Smile

(2012-06-24, 20:33)meridius Wrote: Why is it xbmc 11 only. ?
The development was started when eden was already out, plus there were big improvements on json-api side with eden.

(2012-06-25, 03:27)VELPO Wrote: I may be missing this, but if not; *request*
The option to go back and forth from the remote gui to the now playing gui.
While you are in the now playing view you can do swipe gesture right to left to show the remote control view.
I upgraded to the latest version on my iPad, but it doesn't look like the time out resolved my issue.

Using Mysql with the DB hosted on a synology NAS, it still just sits there and will never bring up the movies, I get the monkeys jumping around but it will never bring up the movies or TV shows.

I could understand if it didn't work on any of my xbmc remotes(official XBMC android remote and xbmc commander both work without an issue), but for some reason this one will never bring up the Movies or TV shows using a mysql database(for me anyway).

I am not sure if anyone else who is using mysql is having the problem with this remote application, since I cannot be the only one. If the database is locally on the machine the movie section comes up almost immediately, but considering I have six devices using XBMC doing a scan of my library for every device is more of a pain than it is worth, and the mysql definitely makes that a lifesaver for multiple devices.

Joethefox, I appreciate your input on trying to resolve the issues, but I am still having the issue using mysql as opposed to a local database.
(2012-06-26, 15:59)amcfarla Wrote: I upgraded to the latest version on my iPad, but it doesn't look like the time out resolved my issue.

Using Mysql with the DB hosted on a synology NAS, it still just sits there and will never bring up the movies, I get the monkeys jumping around but it will never bring up the movies or TV shows.

I could understand if it didn't work on any of my xbmc remotes(official XBMC android remote and xbmc commander both work without an issue), but for some reason this one will never bring up the Movies or TV shows using a mysql database(for me anyway).

I am not sure if anyone else who is using mysql is having the problem with this remote application, since I cannot be the only one. If the database is locally on the machine the movie section comes up almost immediately, but considering I have six devices using XBMC doing a scan of my library for every device is more of a pain than it is worth, and the mysql definitely makes that a lifesaver for multiple devices.

Joethefox, I appreciate your input on trying to resolve the issues, but I am still having the issue using mysql as opposed to a local database.

I too have this issue.
@amcfarla, halburrows: Guys, I am very sorry and of course lengthen the timeout was just the first step. In version 1.1.3, waiting for review, there should be an improvement performance on retrieving large number of movies and tv shows.

Let's do this: there is some room yet for debug users, PM me your device UDID and I will send you a 1.1.3 test version.
(2012-06-26, 16:57)joethefox Wrote: @amcfarla, halburrows: Guys, I am very sorry and of course lengthen the timeout was just the first step. In version 1.1.3, waiting for review, there should be an improvement performance on retrieving large number of movies and tv shows.

Let's do this: there is some room yet for debug users, PM me your device UDID and I will send you a 1.1.3 test version.

ok I sent you a PM with the UDID on my iPad.
Great work! This app is amazing!

A button to sent a WOL signal to the server and a button to shutdown were brilliant Smile
Does this work with crystalbuntu on hdd? I tried find device but not able to find
(2012-06-27, 13:17)Shion87 Wrote: A button to sent a WOL signal to the server and a button to shutdown were brilliant Smile
read the change log for the upcoming 1.1.3
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1133695 Smile
(2012-06-27, 14:02)pratikgr Wrote: Does this work with crystalbuntu on hdd? I tried find device but not able to find
Are you using XBMC v11 Eden? the remote app works from xbmc v11 (eden) and above.
Yes as per sam crystalbuntu uses xbmc 11 eden
Check if this setting from XBMC GUI is enabled:

XBMC ->Settings ->Network -> Allow control of XBMC via HTTP

then manually enter this information In the iPhone app. Let me know.
If still doesn't work, try from the iphone/ipad safari to connect to xbmc with the same information used in the app:

http://<username>:<password>@<xbmc_ip>:<xbmc_port>
Hi,
Congratulations for these wonderful app.I would like to know two things:

1) If exists a possibility to open the XBMC when I send the WOL pocket?.
2) Exits a button to power off the compuer?

Many thanks and sorry for my english!
(2012-06-27, 15:40)mierdatuti Wrote: Hi,
Congratulations for these wonderful app.I would like to know two things:

1) If exists a possibility to open the XBMC when I send the WOL pocket?.
2) Exits a button to power off the compuer?

Many thanks and sorry for my english!
Thank You! and please look at a few post above... Big Grin

---->
read the change log for the upcoming 1.1.3
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1133695
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS8