• 45(current)
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS
wow!!!! thank you! I can confirm, even if the title was thinked to do nothing but just a label Big Grin

EDIT: and it was my last change, fiuuu! app store app is safe Big Grin
Ok, I know. It is not a bug...it is a easter-egg Big Grin (to say to people : stop watching this and work now Big Grin)

--------------------------EDIT
Ok, so it seem that the app crash also if you do :

1. Open the xbmcRemote
2. Go to Music
3. Click "Now playing"
4. flip your finger to go back to the main menu
5. click "Music"
6. in the bottom, click on any icon.
App will crash.
STOP! I'm kidding. It's the same family as the first bug: it was my last change!

Please re-install the app store version and continue debug, please you seem inspired tonight: a bug hunter Big Grin
Bug solved.

I hope for you that I will not find another Big Grin

EDIT : Reinstalled from the App Store but the bug with the slider is back...Reinstalled the version you send me by email...and slider is working correctly.
First off, thank you to those who made this app available, it's a great product and still free.

Here's a bug I'm running into when I use this app on my iPhone and iPad with xbmc installed on my Apple TV 2... In the main screen that opens when you get into xbmc, the native remove control that comes with the ATV allows you to hit "menu" to bring up a list of favorites. On the app, there is an icon for the button that should bring up the same favorites menu (right above the pictures icon) but it doesn't do anything. No matter if you press it, hold it, nothing comes up. Any way to fix that? Thanks.[/php]
@TheLittleFox, yep:
app store app -> the slider bug but no app crashes.
debug version sent to you by mail -> slider bug solved but introduced the new bug with app crashes.
Today I sent to you the "definitive" version that should solve the slider bug and the crashes that the previous fix had introduced.

@Rhino89, thank you! The button you mention is supposed to be (according to the in app help screen)
- (Tap) shows the player controls (OSD) dialog
- (Long Press) shows the context menu dialog
I will look into the feasibility to extend that button to act as shortcut to bring up the favorites list.
Hi out there,

I'm happy with the XBMC for iOS application - many thanks!
But there is one thing that annoys me: How can I close the XBMC application on my HTPC (Windows + XBMC Eden) via my iPad XBMC application?
I can't find any button.

I also use the xbmc application for my android device and here it is possible. I miss this feature on my iPad xbmc application.

Please can you help me?

Carnap
@carnap, right we need a quit button and I just checked that the API call is available: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=JSO...ation.Quit . Will be included in the next release!
(2012-12-08, 12:43)joethefox Wrote: @carnap, right we need a quit button and I just checked that the API call is available: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=JSO...ation.Quit . Will be included in the next release!
Thanks! I'm looking forward to the next release.

(2012-12-08, 12:13)joethefox Wrote: @TheLittleFox, yep:
debug version sent to you by mail -> slider bug solved but introduced the new bug with app crashes.
Today I sent to you the "definitive" version that should solve the slider bug and the crashes that the previous fix had introduced.

Excellent. Now all work perfectly for me. Wink

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to give you a little of time to help you (by leaving involuntarily some bugs Big Grin )

(2012-12-08, 12:13)joethefox Wrote: @TheLittleFox, yep:

@Rhino89, thank you! The button you mention is supposed to be (according to the in app help screen)
- (Tap) shows the player controls (OSD) dialog
- (Long Press) shows the context menu dialog
I will look into the feasibility to extend that button to act as shortcut to bring up the favorites list.

Great, I appreciate it! Another question: I'm getting ready to upgrade my XBMC from Eden to Frodo... I heard some remotes may not work since the Web Server HTTP API is being replaced by JSON-RPC API... Is your remote app affected by this? Or will it be Frodo-compatible on the Apple TV 2?
Forgive me if this has been answered earlier in this thread, but I'm having a problem with the remote app not listing any movies under Genres. Would be very handy to sort through genres to select movies, but i get no results under each category. Is there a fix for this?
Is there a way to access the contextual menus in apps? I.e. access the download menu for a program like Icefilms.

The app is great! The best way to controll xbmc
I've noticed when I try to select a TV program, by starting with a letter from the alphabet, in 1Channel, or Project FreeTV and a couple of others, I can go all the way up to selecting the TV series, the series number or year, the shows name or number for the year slected that I want to watch, but it won't go to the next step where you need to select a person's file who posted them there. So you go through all these nice and easy steps using the remote, but you can't select the file you want to watch. If I ignore using the Remote and fall back to my wireless keyboard I have no problem with opening the shows, because it does come to that last step, that the Remote doesn't. Has anyone else noticed this?

I've had no problem when the shows are from one of the major TV networks websites, because they only have one choice since it's their programs.

(2012-12-09, 07:26)GFunkAllstar Wrote: Forgive me if this has been answered earlier in this thread, but I'm having a problem with the remote app not listing any movies under Genres. Would be very handy to sort through genres to select movies, but i get no results under each category. Is there a fix for this?

Anyone...? *crickets* Angel
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS8