• 75(current)
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS
Greetings,
I have noticed that with the iOS app we can't log off and choose another profile because webserver is stopped when logging off...
Am i the only one facing this issue?

Thanks
(2013-03-19, 22:22)SchattenMann Wrote: Greetings,
I have noticed that with the iOS app we can't log off and choose another profile because webserver is stopped when logging off...
Am i the only one facing this issue?

Thanks

You can use settings and there go in to profiles and there chose to load another one I think
yah i could do that but i would like to understand the reason why...

as far as i know Android app can logoff and login users so iOS app should do it too...just trying to understand whats different between the 2 Smile
@joethefox

That is exactly what i mean! The app does sort by label like XBMC would too if i not set the <sorttitle> in the nfo. I understand why it is showing I,II,III,IV,IX[wrong],V,VI and so on but i think it would be hard to tell the app to look for the <sorttitle> in the movie.nfos or something like that. I think the easiest way would be to ask XBMC for its sorting? I dont know, because i am not in to programming. Would be incredibly nice if you ind a Solution. There is something else..a small mistake in the german translation in the selection list. The correct showing would be:

Höre deine
MUSIK <- correct

Schaue deine
FILME <- correct

Schaue deine
SERIEN <- correct

Durchsuche deine
BILDER <- correct

here is the mistake...

Schaue was
GERADE GESPIELT <- wrong

correct would be:

Schaue was
GERADE SPIELT

if you want to use a sentence with "gespielt" it would be Schaue was gerade gespielt wird.

Also the small button on the top right "Gerade gespielt" should be changed into
"Spielt gerade" or "wird gerade gespielt"

you do a very great job and i am just trying to help here!!
bye
(2013-03-18, 12:40)joethefox Wrote: from the development diary... movie trailers support

Hi joethefox,

Nice.

Thanks.

Cool
I'm having real problems trying to connect a remote (iPhone app) to my HTPC... it just won't connect. I've tried 4 different apps.

My main PC is connected via ethernet (home plugs) and my HTPC is connected via wireless - router is downstairs. The remote was working a few weeks back before I got the homeplugs (previously connected via a long ethernet cable).

Anyway, I've tried putting the ip address in firefox on my HTPC and I can see my library but when I try doing it via safari on my phone, it says it cannot open the page because it could not connect to the server.

Can anyone help?
Hey joethefox, just a question the play using feature in the new xbmc looks like it has alot of potential.

One thing I was asking and had not heard a response yet, was if that feature would be available right from the IOS app itself.

Currently with itunes for instance as an airplay server you can use various app's to controls itunes and airplay music or media and select which place to send it right from your phone and control it to.

Will the play using feature ever be controllable and select able right from the ios app? So I could be entirely away from my xbmc/htpc in a different room and select a movie on my phone and use the play using feature to send it to a different player in the room i am in. This way one does not have to be standing right in front of xbmc/htpc to do it and then run back to the next room to watch it?
@buckeejit

Do you have vers 12(Frodo) ? You have to start the webserver first for http access!
system->services->webserver for http

oh sorry i just saw that you can see your library via Firefox so it should be turned ON already. Check your router settings then, because for an internal Homenetwork
there cant be too many factors to block you from xbmc.
Thanks for a great app and a super response to questions here!

As this thread grows fast here is my issue: I cant play music file folders from my remote, they won't play. I checked they don't have subfolders. I also enabled in setting/appearance/ "show hidden files and folders" which is closest to what you mention.

When selecting a folder and longpressing, then play I get a message on my tv: playback failed, one or more items failed to play.

full debug log here: http://pastebin.com/zxENdFv4
-if in the app I ENTER the folder and play the first item it plays fine.
-ofcourse the folders play fine in xbmc
-If I select play on a folder in remote, and in remote go to "now playing" and press the bottom right icon (three lines and a play icon) I get a playlist that does mention the folders I just selected. Pressing play here does nothing
-running openelec 2.99.5 (frodo 12.0) on asrock 330

http://pastebin.com/zxENdFv4

I just see : error playing and the location of the music folder on my NAS.

(2013-03-18, 12:01)joethefox Wrote: @kees667, try to activate the system option "Show all files in filemode", restart the app and check if something has changed.

@SchattenMann, the different between the two is that the android remote is using the event server for the remote part while the ios app is using the json-rpc api. There are two candidate solutions: the ios app switches from json to the event server for the remote control, or something should be done on XBMC side to allow json calls during this task.

@Talemann, thank you, the guy who cares of the german translation has changed the string according to your suggestion. The button will change also.

@Ghostdivision, yeah! nice idea but can be done only when there will be available the API to to this.

@buckeejit, as Talemann suggests, seems a router/firewall setting issue.

@kees667, ok it's clear to me from the log what's is happening. I will do some work on this path, I'll keep you informed.
So I was using the app. Just wanted to throw a helpful tip at you, for the volume UITableViewCell when you select underneath the volume slider just right, it's possible to select the row itself and both volume icons highlight. It's a quick fix.

Cheers,
Rob
@rjhall90, the purpose of your fix is to give a visual feedback that the volume slider is in use? sorry but I don't understand the advantages Sad
(2013-03-09, 11:33)joethefox Wrote: Waiting for the 1.2.4 version, if you are tired of the issue, you can always pummel my face (several times) in the app info view... Big Grin
Hey! Ah! I was serious... for the precision hit me 15 times, fast... very fast... Rofl
(2013-03-20, 14:14)Talemann Wrote: @buckeejit

Do you have vers 12(Frodo) ? You have to start the webserver first for http access!
system->services->webserver for http

oh sorry i just saw that you can see your library via Firefox so it should be turned ON already. Check your router settings then, because for an internal Homenetwork
there cant be too many factors to block you from xbmc.

Yeah, webserver for http is on. Will have a look at the router settings but what exactly am I looking for? Any idea?
@buckeejit

Strange. First of all i would give your HTPC a fixed IP which is not in the DHCP Range of your Router. After that, i would look for anything that has to do with Port 80 in you Router, Firewall & Antivir OR change the Port in XBMC. If it still does not work, try using a Cable for a quick test. Maybe there are some strange things going on with your WLAN Card/adapter. Last thing, check the services running on your HTPC. Maybe there is one with reserves the port for anyhing else or even blocks it. Its hard to tell from here.
Bye
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS8