Scrape TVShows the way movies are scraped.
Hi.
New to xbmc.. my question is; is there a way to scrape the tvshows the way you scrape the movies?
My folder structure for tvshow is;
shows
|
- episode\rarfiles
- episode\rarfiles
- episode\rarfiles

exatly as my movies, which seem to work perfect.. but no episode is beeing added.

thanks.
So the rar files aren't named as to which episode they are, just the folder they are contained in?

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
(2012-04-09, 13:05)pseudo7 Wrote: So the rar files aren't named as to which episode they are, just the folder they are contained in?

exactly
I think XBMC required the files themselves to be named at least with their season and episode number - even if you made an nfo for them.

Some background reading: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...s/TV_shows

sigh.. back to boxee then i guess which is a shame cos im starting to like xbmc ;x

thanks.
(2012-04-09, 15:21)ulph Wrote: sigh.. back to boxee then i guess which is a shame cos im starting to like xbmc ;x

thanks.

Because of an incredibly rare situation that maybe less than 0.1% of users come across because they refuse to properly name their files to one of many possible conventions?

It can be done, though. You'll just have to read up on your regex and do some funky stuff in advancedsettings.xml. It's a lot more work than just renaming the files, though (or you can even have a media manager do it automatically for you).
Whats the actual name of the files inside of the far files?

As Ned mentioned, you can still do it, but you will need to put in some regexp's for a very non standard naming convention.
its usually showname.s0XeXX.uselessinfo.mkv/avi

so i just need to change the preg to match filenames inside the rars?
You shouldn't need to change anything for those file names, but are the rar files inside separate series folders? i.e.
Top folder\Showname1\...\rarfiles1
Top folder\Showname1\...\rarfiles2
Top folder\Showname2\...\rarfiles1, etc. (any intermediate folders would be ignored.)
That's the bare minimum needed, XBMC will get the name of the series from the folder, and then get season/episode from s0XeXX in the filename inside the rar.
It never gets the series name from the file.
(2012-04-10, 14:37)scudlee Wrote: You shouldn't need to change anything for those file names, but are the rar files inside separate series folders? i.e.
Top folder\Showname1\...\rarfiles1
Top folder\Showname1\...\rarfiles2
Top folder\Showname2\...\rarfiles1, etc. (any intermediate folders would be ignored.)
That's the bare minimum needed, XBMC will get the name of the series from the folder, and then get season/episode from s0XeXX in the filename inside the rar.
It never gets the series name from the file.

aah, worked perfect when i moved each episode into its own show folder... i guess i can live with that, thanks Smile
So actually:
Quote:So the rar files aren't named as to which episode they are, just the folder they are contained in?
The rar files are named what episode they are...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scrape TVShows the way movies are scraped.1