• 33(current)
Linux AudioEngine testers - Linux only
Tested Xingchao's patches today on my HTPC with some DTS-HD MA, Dolby TrueHD, DTS 5.1 and DD 5.1 clips. They work great, no problems at all. Channel mapping for 7.1 is correct. This is absolutely awesome. Thank you so much for this great work! All HTPC-Intel users out there will fall in love with you guys Smile I hope those patches will make it into Linux 3.6. My system:

- Core i3 2100T
- Intel DH67CF Board
- Marantz NR 1601 Receiver with Teufel 7.1 setup
- Ubuntu 12.04 with patched 3.2.0 kernel
- modified HDA-intel.conf
- latest XBMC 12.0 from master branch

(2012-09-09, 15:33)tseller Wrote: Tested Xingchao's patches today on my HTPC with some DTS-HD MA, Dolby TrueHD, DTS 5.1 and DD 5.1 clips. They work great, no problems at all. Channel mapping for 7.1 is correct. This is absolutely awesome. Thank you so much for this great work! All HTPC-Intel users out there will fall in love with you guys Smile I hope those patches will make it into Linux 3.6. My system:

- Core i3 2100T
- Intel DH67CF Board

how long did you test the hd audio playback? you didn't get any alsa underruns causing the audio to briefly drop out? this occurs several times during movies currently with nvidia. would be interesting if it was confined to nvidia hardware.
(2012-09-05, 12:12)alanwww1 Wrote:
(2012-09-05, 12:07)vicbitter Wrote:
(2012-09-05, 08:58)alanwww1 Wrote: Guys, Alsa developers need a little help for testing the FINAL version of the Intel HBR audio enable patch (set)

I'll test it myself, but could you please also make a kernel compile with the patches and test them. Note that there are 3 patches there.

These tests are needed so that the patch could go into kernel mainline.

Thanks, cheers, Attila

Patches are here: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.devel/100746

We are doing experimental (Frodo) Intel builds on OpenELEC.tv... So I'll ask that these new patches are included (we were using the previous HBR patch) and get folks to test out...

That's great ! This way a lot of people can test it on his hardware. Let us know if the build is ready for test.
Cheers,

Attila

Here is the (OpenELEC-Intel-Build-For-Frodo) build...

For further details on what we are doing regarding OpenELEC/Frodo/AudioEngine can be found here
Somehow since my build last month, something broke pulseaudio support.
I was able to have passthrough and normal audio with PA but not anymore.
I'm back to having to suspend PA before starting XBMC :/

Unlike a couple months ago, it does not crash or lag or anything.. just no audio when using "--enable-pulse" and targeting the correct pulse card. pavucontrol shows an audio stream inside xbmc menu, but nothing more once I start a movie.
weirdly enough music works though...

I am running Arch Linux, with latest everything, and a RadeonHD 4670 using the radeon driver and HDMI audio.
I'll try a bitsec sometime next week and see if I can find the culprit.
(2012-09-09, 23:54)furii Wrote:
(2012-09-09, 15:33)tseller Wrote: Tested Xingchao's patches today on my HTPC with some DTS-HD MA, Dolby TrueHD, DTS 5.1 and DD 5.1 clips. They work great, no problems at all. Channel mapping for 7.1 is correct. This is absolutely awesome. Thank you so much for this great work! All HTPC-Intel users out there will fall in love with you guys Smile I hope those patches will make it into Linux 3.6. My system:

- Core i3 2100T
- Intel DH67CF Board

how long did you test the hd audio playback? you didn't get any alsa underruns causing the audio to briefly drop out? this occurs several times during movies currently with nvidia. would be interesting if it was confined to nvidia hardware.

I have nVidia hardware both an ION2 system and a GT520 and I don't suffer with audio drop outs... I run OpenELEC and we have a thread dedicated to the AudioEngine and this issue isn't being reported by others either...
on debian wheezy and nvidia gt 430 and yamaha rxv420 with disable-pulse option the sound came back in menu but with issue
look like issue in lock with reciver, couse it blink to dolby and after it it come decoder off, with 2~3 clik it blink again to dolby
in ae i dont get any issue (chronicle hd-master)
(2012-09-09, 23:54)furii Wrote: how long did you test the hd audio playback? you didn't get any alsa underruns causing the audio to briefly drop out? this occurs several times during movies currently with nvidia. would be interesting if it was confined to nvidia hardware.

After testing with various HD-Audio clips, I watched a complete 2h movie without any audio dropouts or other problems. But the movie only used DTS 5.1. Haven't watched a movie with HD-Audio yet, but I will do so for sure soon Smile If I encounter any audio dropouts too i'll report back here.
(2012-09-10, 09:07)vicbitter Wrote:
(2012-09-09, 23:54)furii Wrote:

- Core i3 2100T
- Intel DH67CF Board

I have nVidia hardware both an ION2 system and a GT520 and I don't suffer with audio drop outs... I run OpenELEC and we have a thread dedicated to the AudioEngine and this issue isn't being reported by others either...

interesting. someone else had reported it on a gt430 i believe. i'm running a geforce 210 which is almost identical to the ion2 chip the gt218 i believe. what version of the nvidia drivers are you using? i'm still on 290.10 as i had audio issues with the 295.xx release but have yet to try any 3xx.xx releases. i'm wondering if the audio dropouts are related to the nvidia drivers.
(2012-09-10, 19:45)furii Wrote:
(2012-09-09, 23:54)furii Wrote: how long did you test the hd audio playback? you didn't get any alsa underruns causing the audio to briefly drop out? this occurs several times during movies currently with nvidia. would be interesting if it was confined to nvidia hardware.

interesting. someone else had reported it on a gt430 i believe. i'm running a geforce 210 which is almost identical to the ion2 chip the gt218 i believe. what version of the nvidia drivers are you using? i'm still on 290.10 as i had audio issues with the 295.xx release but have yet to try any 3xx.xx releases. i'm wondering if the audio dropouts are related to the nvidia drivers.

Interesting, i have a gt430, it looks like im on

nvidia-current
304.43-0ubuntu1~precise~xup1

Wonder if thats whats causing my DTS HD Master not to work...

Whats the recommended drivers to use for the gt430 ?

Many thanks,
(2012-09-11, 01:31)WillUK2010 Wrote: Interesting, i have a gt430, it looks like im on

nvidia-current
304.43-0ubuntu1~precise~xup1

Wonder if thats whats causing my DTS HD Master not to work...

Whats the recommended drivers to use for the gt430 ?

Many thanks,
As vic said we have been testing AE over at the openelec forums. People are reporting good success with the 304.43 drivers while others are still using the 290.10 drivers
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
(2012-09-10, 19:45)furii Wrote:

I was using the 290.10 driver but I have now switched the 304.43 driver.
Hello,
I compiled alsa-driver-1.0.25 with xingchao patches, but I don't have a sound when I try play a DTS-HD or DTS-MA soundtrack, before xingchao patches, I heard only a noise when I tried play a DTS or DTS-MA soundtrack. Other soundtrack it works fine: DTS 5.1, Ditigal Audio, AC3.
My player:
- ubuntu 12.04
- Z68M-ITX/HT
- receiver Onkyo TX-SR608
- 3.3.0-999-generic-pae
- xbmc 2:11.9.6~git201209091918~34cfe65-1~ppa1~precise
- xbmc-bin 2:11.9.6~git201209091918~34cfe65-1~ppa1~precise
Any ideas why it's not working?

(2012-09-11, 18:41)forall Wrote: ...
Any ideas why it's not working?

Yes, have you updated the correct HDA-Intel.conf?
I think I remember that there was no sound if you tried without the correct CTLINDEX mapping in the .conf-file.
Hi,

I made a changes in HDA-Intel.conf -> this is my file after changes: http://paste.ubuntu.com/1199406/
Just for the record, I have a GT520 and I've had no problems whatsoever with sound on all the driver revisions I've used (which is almost all since 290.xx). I've also recently upgraded (actually reinstalled) my server from Squeeze to Wheezy, no audio-related regressions noticed.
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AudioEngine testers - Linux only4