• 6(current)
Linux AudioEngine testers - Linux only
So there's essentially no hope for AMD APU or Fusion users out there that would like to have an XBMC appliance like with XBMCbuntu or OpenELEC? I'm really trying to get away from having a full OS just to watch some movies w/HD audio.
@Salem - AE works on all platforms XBMC master works on + FreeBSD.
I am not scared of SVN - Cutting my hands open on the bleeding edge.
(2012-04-29, 17:17)Salem Wrote: So there's essentially no hope for AMD APU or Fusion users out there that would like to have an XBMC appliance like with XBMCbuntu or OpenELEC? I'm really trying to get away from having a full OS just to watch some movies w/HD audio.

(2012-04-30, 12:43)gnif Wrote: @Salem - AE works on all platforms XBMC master works on + FreeBSD.

> 2 channel output on AMD devices is contingent on AMD either providing the necessary information for the OSS driver to implement the feature, someone reverse-engineering it, or AMD themselves implementing it into fglrx. Last time I checked none of this has happened.
HTPC: Gentoo linux amd64 w/ xbmc merged with AE
(2012-04-30, 14:52)wingrunr21 Wrote:
(2012-04-29, 17:17)Salem Wrote: So there's essentially no hope for AMD APU or Fusion users out there that would like to have an XBMC appliance like with XBMCbuntu or OpenELEC? I'm really trying to get away from having a full OS just to watch some movies w/HD audio.

(2012-04-30, 12:43)gnif Wrote: @Salem - AE works on all platforms XBMC master works on + FreeBSD.

> 2 channel output on AMD devices is contingent on AMD either providing the necessary information for the OSS driver to implement the feature, someone reverse-engineering it, or AMD themselves implementing it into fglrx. Last time I checked none of this has happened.

I figured. I had followed your Phoronix link and then chased a few other threads there. That's disappointing. I suppose I'll try using XBMC as a shell in Win7 for now. Thanks.
just complied this afternoon to see what progress had been made. like some other people i did have to downgrade from 295.xx to 290.10 in order to get sound working. i have to say i was most pleasantly surprised with my results. ~6 months ago when i was first playing around with the ae branch i wasn't able to get the dts-hd test samples working with my g210 and pioneer vsx-1020. even trying with new fermi based cards gave me problems so i assumed there was something funky about my receiver. yet somehow through the magic of gnif dts-hd is now working in ae Smile

i only had a chance to test briefly but dts-hd and truehd are both working for me. as is auto-selecting the right device. i did notice some pretty massive stuttering when starting a movie with dts-hd, but it went away after ~5 seconds or so. i did have a quick dropout with dts-hd in the 5 minutes or so i played with it. the truehd movie i tried didn't have any stuttering but seemed to have more frequent dropouts. just in case you don't already have enough of them i've uploaded a log here: http://pastebin.com/U6EBUPv7

keep up the great work Smile
Running bootstrap ending with this, any advice?

Code:
xbmc@xbmc:~/xbmc-ae$ ./bootstrap
Can't exec "libtoolize": No such file or directory at /usr/bin/autoreconf line 196.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /usr/bin/autoreconf line 196.
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.in: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal --force
autoreconf: configure.in: tracing
autoreconf: configure.in: not using Libtool
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf --force
configure.in:446: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
      If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation.
autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1

FYE:
Code:
$ sudo cat /proc/driver/nvidia/version

NVRM version: NVIDIA UNIX x86 Kernel Module  295.40  Thu Apr  5 21:28:09 PDT 2012
GCC version:  gcc version 4.6.3 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5)

Code:
$ uname -a

Linux xbmc 3.2.0-24-generic #37-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 25 08:43:52 UTC 2012 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
/Jan-Erik

XBMCbuntu Eden
Acer Aspire 3600, NVidia ION
Linux 3.0.0-24-generic (Now running stable without any freeze)
Install libtool and try again:

Code:
sudo apt-get install libtool
ok, little progress

../bootstrap return:

Code:
autoreconf: running: autopoint --force
Can't exec "autopoint": No such file or directory at /usr/share/autoconf/Autom4te/FileUtils.pm line 345.
autoreconf: failed to run autopoint: No such file or directory
autoreconf: autopoint is needed because this package uses Gettext

This is just a small part of the output, where can I find the full log and upload to pastebin'?

Luckily small http://pastebin.com/eRfdkCFV
/Jan-Erik

XBMCbuntu Eden
My guess is you don't have the build tools and what not installed. Type:

sudo apt-get install build-essential
sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc

given you're on XBMCbuntu I'm assuming this will work and install all the required libraries and tools to compile.
Just compiled this for the first time last night myself.

You'll need to add autopoint:
Code:
sudo apt-get install autopoint

In order to alleviate future errors, here are (or almost) all of the packages I added / updated from a clean server install of Ubuntu 12.04:

Code:
sudo apt-get install python-support cmake autotools-dev autoconf automake unzip libboost-dev zip libtool libgl1-mesa-dev libglu1-mesa-dev libglu-dev libglew-dev libmad0-dev libjpeg-dev libsamplerate-dev libogg-dev libvorbis-dev libfreetype6-dev libfontconfig-dev libbz2-dev libfribidi-dev libsqlite3-dev libmysqlclient-dev libasound2-dev libpng12-dev libpng-dev libpcre3-dev liblzo2-dev libcdio-dev libsdl-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libenca-dev libjasper-dev libxt-dev libxmu-dev libxinerama-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libdbus-1-dev libhal-storage-dev libhal-dev libpulse-dev libavahi-common-dev libavahi-client-dev libxrandr-dev libavcodec-dev libavformat-dev libavutil-dev libpostproc-dev libswscale-dev libmpeg2-4-dev libass-dev libmpcdec-dev libflac-dev python-dev gawk gperf nasm libcwiid-dev libbluetooth-dev zlib1g-dev libsmbclient-dev libboost-thread-dev libiso9660-dev libssl-dev lsb-release libvdpau-dev libmicrohttpd-dev libmodplug-dev librtmp-dev libcrystalhd-dev curl python-dev libyajl-dev libplist-dev libusb-dev libudev-dev libltdl-dev autopoint python-software-properties linux-sound-base alsa-base alsa-utils upower usbmount nvidia-current plymouth plymouth-label hwinfo v86d xserver-xorg xinit

Good luck!

Have already sudo apt-get install build-essential

$ sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc failed with this:
Code:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'libglew1.6-dev' instead of 'libglew-dev'
Note, selecting 'libsamplerate0-dev' instead of 'libsamplerate-dev'
Note, selecting 'libfontconfig1-dev' instead of 'libfontconfig-dev'
Note, selecting 'libsdl1.2-dev' instead of 'libsdl-dev'
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
librtmp-dev : Depends: librtmp0 (= 2.4~20110711.gitc28f1bab-1) but 2.4~20110711.gitc28f1bab-1ubuntu0~ppa1~oneiric1 is to be installed
libshairport-dev : Depends: libshairport1 (= 1.2.1~git20120110.aeb4987-1) but 1.2.1~git20120110.aeb4987-1ubuntu0~ppa1~oneiric1 is to be installed
E: Build-dependencies for xbmc could not be satisfied.
/Jan-Erik

XBMCbuntu Eden
Try installing autopoint like braintez said. You should not have to install all of those extra dependencies if you are going to build using the internal XBMC libraries. After autopoint is installed, run ./bootstrap again. If that fails, try installing all of those deps braintez listed (the full list of Ubuntu deps is here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master/README.linux).

If you are continuing to have issues please create a new thread outside of this one. This thread is really meant for Linux AE issues not troubleshooting basic compiling.
Hi all,
been testing this version and must say that everything seems to be working very well.
DTS-HD-MA, DTS-HR, Dolby TrueHD, and all other formats are working fine through HDMI to my receiver.

I found two issues that cannot solve:

1) DVD playback crashes XBMC
2) JSON is not working

More in detail:
1) I have several DVDs both in folder and in .iso. If I start playing back a DVD it goes to the menu and then when I press "PLAY MOVIE" XBMC crashes.
Single .vob files play fine, so I assume it's something to do with the MENU interpreter, or something like that.

2) Since the installation of this version I haven't been able to connect using JSON.RPC. Port 9777 and 9090 are open and listening. Eror message in the log file is "ERROR: JSONRPC Server: Failed to connect to sdpd"

Attached is the log file in debug mode when I open a DVD and in the DVD Menu I select "PLAY MOVIE". Immediately after that there is a crash.

Thanks for helping.

http://pastebin.com/nmSDPM0N

Ubuntu 11.04
nVidia GT430 - driver 290
xbmc AE version: 15/04/2012
The issues I've been having with 5.1 96KHz FLACs have been fixed! Huge respect to gnif!

I suspect it was fixed with this commit: https://github.com/gnif/xbmc/commit/5898...de70faa7b4

So, to wrap it out, every single media file I have on my computer now plays perfectly! Now I'm just waiting for the final merge so I can continue tracking XBMC master again.
@ jan-erik;use the list in README.ubuntu instead.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AudioEngine testers - Linux only4