• 32(current)
Linux AudioEngine testers - Linux only
(2012-08-29, 20:35)DDDamian Wrote: @fatal - sounds like when it's downmixing to PCM it's being clamped or limited which can cause that distortion. It may be we're not using the best downmixing ratios but also check that Settings>System>Audio Output>Boost level on downmix is turned off and see if that helps. If it was already off pls let me know.

Hey,

"Boost level on downmix" was already turned off.

I am currently on openElec build r11855 (frodo r16898) and the issue is still there.

Take Care
Guys, Alsa developers need a little help for testing the FINAL version of the Intel HBR audio enable patch (set)

I'll test it myself, but could you please also make a kernel compile with the patches and test them. Note that there are 3 patches there.

These tests are needed so that the patch could go into kernel mainline.

Thanks, cheers, Attila

Patches are here: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.devel/100746
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hi All,

Because My A/V receiver is not handy, so i call for some volunteers to help test the HDMI HBR patchset before it could been accept by Takashi.
The patchset is already sent to alsa-devel maillist in RFC version:
http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermai...54994.html

You can also download the *Three* patches from Here:
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=49055
(please download patch1/2/3)

Please apply these patches to Takashi's latest sound tree:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git

Besides the normal test about HBR stream playback, also make sure it works well during below two tests:
1) Play HBR stream. (8 channels)
2) in command line, use "speaker-test" and specify 8 channels, i.e.
speakert-test -t wav -c 8 (your-hdmi-card)

There's one bug in alsa-driver that the new channel mapping does not update, this patchset intended to fix that.

You need also change the HDA-Intel.conf at comment #446:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1178776

please let me know if there's any pending risk of this patch before it's upstream, thanks in advance!

--xingchao

(2012-09-05, 08:58)alanwww1 Wrote: Guys, Alsa developers need a little help for testing the FINAL version of the Intel HBR audio enable patch (set)

I'll test it myself, but could you please also make a kernel compile with the patches and test them. Note that there are 3 patches there.

Thanks, cheers, Attila

Heh, Thank you very much! Smile

--xingchao

(2012-09-04, 21:51)punkadiddle Wrote: I have read lots of posts on this thread and searched but it seems I have a problem different from what others are reporting here.

I was able to play Dolby Digital and DTS files right after installing the alpha version but noticed that the track timer runs at doublespeed. When the timer has nearly reached the track length audio output stops and XBMC moves on to the next track (still no sound). When selecting a new track manually, sound plays again with the same problem.

I'm using a first generation ION and the 2:11.9.6~git201209032026~8aaa44d-1~ppa1~oneiric daily build from nathan-renniewaldock ppa on a standard installation of Ubuntu 11.

I put details and logs in a ticket.

Yup same thing with me. I'm using a Zotac Zbox with a next gen Ion. However, this only happens when playing DTS WAV files with a cue sheet.
(2012-09-05, 08:58)alanwww1 Wrote: Guys, Alsa developers need a little help for testing the FINAL version of the Intel HBR audio enable patch (set)

Thanks, cheers, Attila

We are doing experimental (Frodo) Intel builds on OpenELEC.tv... So I'll ask that these new patches are included (we were using the previous HBR patch) and get folks to test out...
(2012-09-05, 12:07)vicbitter Wrote:

Thanks, cheers, Attila

We are doing experimental (Frodo) Intel builds on OpenELEC.tv... So I'll ask that these new patches are included (we were using the previous HBR patch) and get folks to test out...

That's great ! This way a lot of people can test it on his hardware. Let us know if the build is ready for test.
Cheers,

Attila

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
(2012-09-05, 09:00)wxc200 Wrote: Hi All,

Because My A/V receiver is not handy, so i call for some volunteers to help test the HDMI HBR patchset before it could been accept by Takashi.

Hi Xingchao !

I tested the patches. They work perfectly. I tested it with both DTS Master Audio and Dolby Tru HD streams.
Also tested with speaker-test. Channel mapping was right.

I compiled x64 DEB files with the patched kernel for easy testing. So anyone just download the debs and do:
Code:
sudo dpkg -i ./*

You also MUST change the HDA-Intel.conf file to get it working. What I did is:

Code:
sudo nano /usr/share/alsa/cards/HDA-Intel.conf

Look for "ctlindex=" entries and add 1 to the ctlindex numbers (eg. 0->1, 1->2 etc)

Reboot needed, choose the compiled kernel, that's it. Should be working. One note: somehow my custom kernel does not have lirc support. So no remote working. Use the keyboard. Also the kernel is for x64 installations only.

@Xingchao Any cure for the ctlindex problem in the HDA-Intel.conf.conf ?
Thanks for your work !
(2012-09-05, 21:36)alanwww1 Wrote:

Hi Xingchao !

I tested the patches. They work perfectly. I tested it with both DTS Master Audio and Dolby Tru HD streams.
Also tested with speaker-test. Channel mapping was right.

@Xingchao Any cure for the ctlindex problem in the HDA-Intel.conf.conf ?
Thanks for your work !

@alanwww1: Thanks your test.
I had send out the patches to alsa-devel community for final review already, including the ctlindex bug fix from Anssi.

thanks
--xingchao

Thanks, cheers, Attila

--xingchao

Tested the patches now today.
Everything I tested works, includes TrueHD 7.1, DTS-HR MA 7.1/6.1/5.1, DTS 5.1, DD 5.1, PCM 2-ch, PCM 5.1.
Channel mapping for 7.1 is correct.

Patch was applied to clean alsa 1.0.25.
Requires the CTLINDEX-update to HDA-Intel.conf.
Test files played on XBMC 12.0-APLPHA2 Git:20120510 (Master branch).
Ubuntu 12.04, kernel 3.2.0.26.

Hardware:
Asus P8H67I-Deluxe with Intel i3 2120 cpu, 4Gb RAM. (Intel Cougarpoint HD audio).
HDMI to AV-receiver Denon AVR-1912.
Hey,

i tried to play my first DTS HD Master today, using the new AudioEngine. Whats happening is, i get a few seconds of audio, then my amp seems to loose "DTS HD Master" and flashes "HDMI" and i loose all sound, then a moment later it comes back again for a few seconds.. keeps doing this over and over, then i get some crazy crackles and squealing noises!

my amp is an Onkyo TX-SR508,

Here is a pastebin of a complete log, (sorry theres quite a bit in it).

http://pastebin.com/Kd16sLAR

You can find the start of the movie i tried on line, 655 (19:38:18 T:140226766043008 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: nfs://192.168.0.250/volume1/movies/Hubble 3D 2010 1080p DTS HD MA Half SBS/Hubble_3D.Title1000.mkv)

Im using the nightly from the 3rd of Sept (Starting XBMC (12.0-ALPHA6 Git:Unknown), Platform: Linux (Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS, 3.2.0-26-generic x86_64). Built on Sep 3 2012)

Anymore info required, let me know.

Many thanks,
Will

Maybe some have a kernel for i386. I have a Intel® Core™ i3-2100T CPU + SR-TX608, so I can run some test.
I am having an issue I didn't have with before updating to the testing-branch: I am using brutefir to route my music (NOT video) through it. It always played nicely in parallel to xbmc, using jack and the spdif-output. xbmc is using hdmi for audio. This way I had music until the very moment I turned a movie on, because my receiver gives hdmi the priority and switches back the moment there is no hdmi signal. Now xbmc seems to grab both the hdmi and spdif-device. I came to this conclusion, because jackd and brutefir start first and play just until xbmc starts. After that there is no way to use the spdif-device anymore, even though xbmc is set to hdmi-output for audio.

Any help on this? It forces me to change startup-scripts and reboot all the time. It was working so convenient before ;(
(2012-09-06, 05:42)OkvOkv Wrote:

Thanks, cheers, Attila

--xingchao

Tested the patches now today.
Everything I tested works, includes TrueHD 7.1, DTS-HR MA 7.1/6.1/5.1, DTS 5.1, DD 5.1, PCM 2-ch, PCM 5.1.
Channel mapping for 7.1 is correct.

Patch was applied to clean alsa 1.0.25.
Requires the CTLINDEX-update to HDA-Intel.conf.
Test files played on XBMC 12.0-APLPHA2 Git:20120510 (Master branch).
Ubuntu 12.04, kernel 3.2.0.26.

Hardware:
Asus P8H67I-Deluxe with Intel i3 2120 cpu, 4Gb RAM. (Intel Cougarpoint HD audio).
HDMI to AV-receiver Denon AVR-1912.

@OkvOkv - have you a .deb package for alsa and can you upload it?
(2012-09-07, 23:59)forall Wrote: @OkvOkv - have you a .deb package for alsa and can you upload it?

No.

Download from alsa, version 1.0.25, and apply the three patches, and you have alsa-code similar to mine.
Remember to patch the HDA-Intel.conf as well.
(2012-09-07, 23:59)forall Wrote: @OkvOkv - have you a .deb package for alsa and can you upload it?

Guys I compiled a new 3.6 RC3 kernel from Takashi's alsa tree, with Lirc support.

http://s1.toldacuccot.hu/letoltes?sid=7c...4196763d22

For me it works perfectly. If you are interested just download them, cd to the directory and

Code:
sudo dpkg -i ./*

Cheers!
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AudioEngine testers - Linux only4