[SOLVED] Videos won't play
Hi,
Using v11.0 Eden on a Vista Ultimate box, meets all the requirements.
when I try to play any video, it plays the first couple of seconds and then freezes. These videos are on the machine itself, not streaming.
playing, AVIs, MKV, dvr-ms...

I can provide the log if that would help.
Thanks
You will need to provide a log, with debugging turned on.
http://pastebin.com/nrTKeT40
was that helpful?
I launched the app, tried to run a video, it froze, I closed out and grabbed the log....
Someone better at understanding the logs will have to look into it.

Was this what you were playing?
Family.Guy.S10E16

Can you explain "froze" a bit more in detail? It looks as if you closed XBMC. Did XBMC freeze up and you force quit it, or just the video froze? Was the video just playing or were were skipping or fast forwarding?

Maybe this error has something to do with it:
11:07:05 T:1864 ERROR: DirectSoundCreate() Failed (0x88780078)
yes that was the video I tested with (I did try other videos also)
When it "froze" the video just stopped but I was still able to work with XMBC, I could exit and go into another menu, I could open other options
The video was just playing.
un-effing believable....I didn't have anything plugged into the audio port and once I did....it started playing.....
So...solved?

Without any speakers plugged in, how were you connected for audio?
I guess so, does it makes sense that not having a speaker plugged in would cause it to freeze the video?
I can't say it makes sense, but at least for you it was an easy fix Wink
yup thank you!
I had exactly the same problem with a PC game. This is a more common problem than you might think, but as you say, an easy fix.

I have posted this comment as I believe this is a windows problem and XBMC has no bug here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Videos won't play0