[REQUEST] Skin Background Videos Support - Videos as Backdrop Animations in Skins?
The big question is animate it how ?
You can allready do a looping animation of various inages that would kind of look like a movie the problem is it takes a huge toll constantly accessing the hard disc all the time
Don't know how feasible an idea? But definitely would be cool...
Jezz_X Wrote:The big question is animate it how ?
You can allready do a looping animation of various inages that would kind of look like a movie the problem is it takes a huge toll constantly accessing the hard disc all the time

Could it be done with an HD flash movie or video file that is cached to reduce/replace hard disc utilization?
Well anything can be done Smile its just a question on if someone wants to be bothered to impliment it for you Smile
If we can replace the static backdrop image with an animated video, Hi-Def TV would not have to suffer image burn.
Image burn ! Use your screen saver.

And if you set in picture settings / slideshow : use pan and zoom effects, your background will be kind of animated.
I have a suggestion to allow skins to display movie files as Main Menu backgrounds. If this already possible, I'll be more than happy to repost this under my favorite skin thread.

My desire is when Main Menu>Movies is in focus, the background could pick from a folder of those modified movie studio animated logos that some use for the Cinema Experience add-on (i.e. the 20th Century Fox logo + searchlights, replaced with a custom name). One could also have trailers and such if desired. I even envision skinners having cool backgrounds using movie clips to announce "Pictures" and such (though copyrights could be sticky).

I know this might be more memory-intensive or just not universally desired, but people could elect not to use this option.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Skin Background Videos Support - Videos as Backdrop Animations in Skins?1