Software: TheeMahn's rename tool.
Allow me to introduce my self. I am the l the leading developer of Ultimate Edition Linux. A programmer of 30 years. I have been writing software that complements XBMC quite well. I am a huge fan of XBMC and have been including it in every version of Ultimate Edition I have been developing. That being said I am a fairly avid user of XBMC. The tools I have been developing, tmrename being one of them has saved me countless hours taking the time to rename file by file to comply with databases such as tvdb etc. Let's get on it already Wink

The software is a simple bash script at current the Code:
Sorry no more then 10,000 chars to a post will attach if I can.

I have taken software I have also written to debianise it:
Code:
theemahn@JackHammer:/media/Storage$ repomaster -b tm-rename-1.0.2_all/
Repomaster 1.7.0-3 is begining initial build.
First build or no previous errors.

========================================
Beginning build of tm-rename-1.0.2_all/
========================================

Relaxing permissions of tm-rename-1.0.2_all/
[sudo] password for theemahn:
Cleaning up any tmp or backup files.
Setting individual file permissions to 644.
No /etc/ so need to build conffiles.
Scanning for executables in tm-rename-1.0.2_all/ Stage 1.
tm-rename-1.0.2_all/bin/tmrename
Scanning for executables in tm-rename-1.0.2_all/ Stage 2.
Calculating Installed size & inserting into control file if necessary.
tm-rename-1.0.2_all/ is 24. Control file reporting: 21284
Size Mismatch, replacing with 24.
Calculating MD5SUMS in tm-rename-1.0.2_all/
Setting ownership to root in tm-rename-1.0.2_all/
Setting individual folder permissions to 755.
Setting permissions rights for control etc.
Building of tm-rename-1.0.2_all/
dpkg-deb: building package `tm-rename' in `tm-rename-1.0.2_all.deb'.
Lintian resulting package tm-rename-1.0.2_all.deb.

We have built a totally perfect deb.
Recursively removing tm-rename-1.0.2_all/ since we have a perfect deb.
Moving tm-rename-1.0.2_all.deb to .debs/
We have had 100% error warning free deb(s) built this session.
theemahn@JackHammer:/media/Storage$

tm-rename is a part of the tm-tools package currently unavailable to the public at time of posting.
The tool:
http://ultimateedition.info/tm-rename-1.0.2_all.deb
as a script:
http://ultimateedition.info/tmrename

Make a copy / backup of the folder / files to be used.
Useage:
Code:
tmrename --help

I suggest a browse of the source code, I will not implement changes to the documentation until I see it is working properly PLEASE utilize the tool on movies / Tvshows in a backup folder.

I am going to use this tool as an example to fix two and a half men season 7:
Code:
theemahn@JackHammer:/media/Storage/TV/Two.and.a.Half.Men/Season 07$ ls
Episode.01.818-Jklpuzo.Avi                         Episode.07.Untainted.By.Filth.Avi                 Episode.13.Yay,.No.Polyps!.Avi           Episode.19.Keith.Moon.Is.Vomiting.In.His.Grave.Avi
Episode.02.Whipped.Unto.The.Third.Generation.Avi   Episode.08.Gorp.Fnark..Schmegle..Avi              Episode.14.Crude.And.Uncalled.For.Avi    Episode.20.I.Called.Him.Magoo.Avi
Episode.03.Mmm,.Fish.Yum..Avi                      Episode.09.Captain.Terry'S.Spray-On.Hair.Avi      Episode.15.Aye,.Aye,.Captain.Douche.Avi  Episode.21.Gumby.With.A.Pokey.Avi
Episode.04.Laxative.Tester,.Horse.Inseminator.Avi  Episode.10.That'S.Why.They.Call.It.Ball.Room.Avi  Episode.16.Tinkle.Like.A.Princess.Avi    Episode.22.This.Is.Not.Gonna.End.Well.Avi
Episode.05.For.The.Sake.Of.The.Child.Avi           Episode.11.Warning,.It'S.Dirty.Avi                Episode.17.I.Found.Your.Moustache.Avi
Episode.06.Give.Me.Your.Thumb.Avi                  Episode.12.Fart.Jokes,.Pie.And.Celeste.Avi        Episode.18.Ixnay.On.The.Oggie.Day.Avi
theemahn@JackHammer:/media/Storage/TV/Two.and.a.Half.Men/Season 07$

tmrename -c -f Episode.
will strip the word Episode. from all files in your current folder.
the switches are custom and file. please see man tmrename for more information.

now we want to add S7E to the beginning.
so a tmrename -ab -f S07E
Code:
theemahn@JackHammer:/media/Storage/TV/Two.and.a.Half.Men/Season 07$ ls
S07E01.818-Jklpuzo.Avi                         S07E06.Give.Me.Your.Thumb.Avi                 S07E11.Warning,.It'S.Dirty.Avi          S07E16.Tinkle.Like.A.Princess.Avi               S07E21.Gumby.With.A.Pokey.Avi
S07E02.Whipped.Unto.The.Third.Generation.Avi   S07E07.Untainted.By.Filth.Avi                 S07E12.Fart.Jokes,.Pie.And.Celeste.Avi  S07E17.I.Found.Your.Moustache.Avi               S07E22.This.Is.Not.Gonna.End.Well.Avi
S07E03.Mmm,.Fish.Yum..Avi                      S07E08.Gorp.Fnark..Schmegle..Avi              S07E13.Yay,.No.Polyps.Avi               S07E18.Ixnay.On.The.Oggie.Day.Avi
S07E04.Laxative.Tester,.Horse.Inseminator.Avi  S07E09.Captain.Terry'S.Spray-On.Hair.Avi      S07E14.Crude.And.Uncalled.For.Avi       S07E19.Keith.Moon.Is.Vomiting.In.His.Grave.Avi
S07E05.For.The.Sake.Of.The.Child.Avi           S07E10.That'S.Why.They.Call.It.Ball.Room.Avi  S07E15.Aye,.Aye,.Captain.Douche.Avi     S07E20.I.Called.Him.Magoo.Avi
It will handle files as well as directories, so a -f is necessary. It has Sub directory functions as well, but I do not at this time suggest using them.

we are now rockin' Wink
Please do not use the -Y switch unless you are absolutely certain.

This tool is work in progress & far from done so please be easy with me Wink Many features are undocumented & actually I prefer them to be that way until I am done. Many grammatical errors, I am aware. Please at this point in time, do not report them. I will have the computer fix them in the end. I did not do well in English, did well in programming and mathematics.

Results?
End Results., I have a labtop networked hooked to a 3D LED HD TV. I do not and never will pay for television. I have about a million streams, thank you XBMC. I wrote a post about this and people are in dis-belief. I have written post's in the past when I do that site goes down Wink No pun XBMC, remove me from your list.

Do not global me, forum wise. Actually let me trickle. Is my site up? I have 11 servers, all down. SQL database server is down in all actuality. Does it mean I do not see millions per month? Simmer down send the info to the man on top. I have 50+ admin they on occasion fail me. Amazing, a fella first post here. I am not a betting man, but I bet I see traffic that is deter-mental, you are up right? I am cloud based before we get going. I have seen Petabytes. 32 servers for that being. You do know, I will write software to automate all the above.

TheeMahn,
You kind of lost me on the "Do not global me" part and everything after. I have no idea what you just said.
We will be watching closely indeed Wink

Hope you get those 11 servers up.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Maybe I´m missing the big point here, but what is so great about this script?
Sickbeard & Couchpotato are handling the renaming part perfectly imho.
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopi...=23&t=7599
(2012-04-10, 03:00)DDDamian Wrote: We will be watching closely indeed Wink

Hope you get those 11 servers up.

They are back up Wink If you read nothing read the bottom line.
Welcome, I have used UE on more then one computer, since UE 1.8 maybe 3-4 years ago.
It keeps getting better with each new release. As I am sure this software to will be great.

Your profile states that you are here in Ohio! What part?
(2012-04-10, 02:51)Ned Scott Wrote: You kind of lost me on the "Do not global me" part and everything after. I have no idea what you just said.

This was the best part! I have no idea what's going on, but I can appreciate the effort it took to type all that. Best of luck.
(2012-04-14, 02:44)hdmax Wrote: Welcome, I have used UE on more then one computer, since UE 1.8 maybe 3-4 years ago.
It keeps getting better with each new release. As I am sure this software to will be great.

Your profile states that you are here in Ohio! What part?

Galion, but not for long. Got a new job!!! Will be moving.
(2012-04-14, 04:36)DLeavy Wrote:
(2012-04-10, 02:51)Ned Scott Wrote: You kind of lost me on the "Do not global me" part and everything after. I have no idea what you just said.

This was the best part! I have no idea what's going on, but I can appreciate the effort it took to type all that. Best of luck.

I have expanded the software, since my initial post. One of the tools now included in the package mediainfo since there was no CLI based deb for it w/o adding custom repositories, has allowed me to advance the script. I probably will not release it in this format except to UE users & built in. To utilise the infotool would require adding a custom repository, something I do not expect the end user to know how to do.

I am progressing, I have also re-written the yahoo music video plugin, using my api, we have much work to do here as well Wink
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/download...&mode=view

What I mean by globaling me, please do not send me anymore traffic. <- find someone, err anyone that makes statements like that Wink Our servers go down, and we are cloud based I mind you 11 Gigabit / sec, and it happens all the time. I currently do not have the funds to buy a heavier pipe. A pipe is Internet connectivity. Google is also a cloud based server. Just the youtube section of it at last check cost's them over a million a month in bandwidth. Sourceforge in the past has reviewed me, and bandwidth was an issue then.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Software: TheeMahn's rename tool.0