XBMC - Live TV / PVR Where to start?
Some Background:
I've been running XBMC on a windows 7 64 bit ultimate install for quite some time now. I've been very happy with all aspects of it - sans 1. I need to switch inputs to watch live TV. I want to rectify that.

On a whim, I picked up a Ceton InfiniTV 4 Digital Cable Quad-tuner Card (PCIe). It arrives tomorrow, cable card is already in hand. I'm looking for advice on where to start.

For now - I'd simply like to be able to watch liveTV within XBMC- and not have to switch all devices (projector/AVR/etc) to a different set of inputs to check the score of a game.

Eventually I'd be interested in things like Picture in Picture, and PVR (I'd like to phase out the $30 a month I'm paying the cable company for DVR service).

So for folks who have gone down this path already - where should I start? I'm open to anything... 'read this 100 page thread'... 'google this'... 'don't do that'... just push me in the right direction.

Thanks!
(2012-04-10, 00:23)divisionbyzero Wrote: Some Background:
I've been running XBMC on a windows 7 64 bit ultimate install for quite some time now. I've been very happy with all aspects of it - sans 1. I need to switch inputs to watch live TV. I want to rectify that.

On a whim, I picked up a Ceton InfiniTV 4 Digital Cable Quad-tuner Card (PCIe). It arrives tomorrow, cable card is already in hand. I'm looking for advice on where to start.

For now - I'd simply like to be able to watch liveTV within XBMC- and not have to switch all devices (projector/AVR/etc) to a different set of inputs to check the score of a game.

Eventually I'd be interested in things like Picture in Picture, and PVR (I'd like to phase out the $30 a month I'm paying the cable company for DVR service).

So for folks who have gone down this path already - where should I start? I'm open to anything... 'read this 100 page thread'... 'google this'... 'don't do that'... just push me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Did you ever find a solution for this? I am working on my first HTPC build and wanting to use that same card. I have cablecard in hand and working on proof of concept on my laptop before buying all HTPC components. I'm hoping to have my LiveTV interface in XBMC, it's the only thing missing!

I am in the same boat. It sounds like the next version (Frodo 12.0) won't support PVR but I keep hoping. Currently, I switch between Windows Media Center for PVR and Live TV and XBMC for everything else. I too am using a Ceton USB 4 Tuner + Cablecard.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC - Live TV / PVR Where to start?0