brief green pixelation during resume
Really appreciating the support I am getting, unfortunately I still have the issue. I tried changing the shared memory and it still didn't work, it did however cause my hdmi audio to stop working... weird. I then installed the latest nightly as suggested, same thing. I checked the log files after debugging and found the same exact ffmpeg errors that I was getting before. I'm wondering if maybe I'm just being too anal, is the brief green screen/pixels something that I should just get used to? I'm used to coming from Popcorn hour and that player had a slight delay/black screen so I'm wondering if maybe that just hid this type of pixelation considering XBMC just jumps directly in when resuming and skipping.
At this point I think a sample would be the most helpful thing.
Ok, not sure why the first time I changed the shared memory it messed with hdmi audio - I'm willing to say that was a strange fluke because I just did it again and this time audio worked. One thing that I just noticed though is that the same exact scene that has been my go to scene and occurs straight from start up does NOT have green pixelation was skipping back to it. In other words... when I click play from the menu (from the beginning) the movie starts then in like .3 seconds the green pixels appear for about 2 seconds and go away. However, if I skip ahead and then skip back to the very beginning the same scene does not have the problem. My guess is that it could be something with the frame rate going from very high (in the menu) to a much lower (bluray 29.976) and maybe that is causing issues? I'm still concerned about the ffmpeg errors I'm getting though, I do think the shared memory option has helped though.
@kricker Not sure if you are going to be on tomorrow at all, but I can give you a sample tomorrow. I really don't see that being super helpful though considering its not just one file and I'm positive there is nothing wrong with any of my files, plays fine on VLC, Popcorn, MPC. Like I said, I'm not doing an encoding... these are the files straight from the disc using MakeMKV. I think it would be most helpful to pinpoint the ffmpeg error that I'm getting, don't you?
Also, if you check post #4 in this thread about three pictures down I have the mediainfo of one of the files, my main test file.
(2012-04-27, 15:29)tman12 Wrote: @kricker Not sure if you are going to be on tomorrow at all, but I can give you a sample tomorrow. I really don't see that being super helpful though considering its not just one file and I'm positive there is nothing wrong with any of my files, plays fine on VLC, Popcorn, MPC. Like I said, I'm not doing an encoding... these are the files straight from the disc using MakeMKV. I think it would be most helpful to pinpoint the ffmpeg error that I'm getting, don't you?
Also, if you check post #4 in this thread about three pictures down I have the mediainfo of one of the files, my main test file.
To pinpoint those errors, it is always a good idea for the devs to have a sample file to use to see the errors for themselves.

Alright, I will upload tomorrow. What program do you recommend using to cut part of the file out?
Hmm for .mkv files, I'm not sure. It has been a while since I have done that.
(2012-04-27, 06:44)tman12 Wrote: I'm wondering if maybe I'm just being too anal, is the brief green screen/pixels something that I should just get used to? I'm used to coming from Popcorn hour and that player had a slight delay/black screen so I'm wondering if maybe that just hid this type of pixelation considering XBMC just jumps directly in when resuming and skipping.
No, you're not anal. If it work right, you shouldn't see these things.....

(2012-04-27, 19:13)tman12 Wrote: Alright, I will upload tomorrow. What program do you recommend using to cut part of the file out?
What do you use to generate MKV file?

I know you said it can playback fine with other players, but everything player is different in many way. Some player is more sensitive than another......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I believe he said he uses Makemkv.

tman12, I think you can do the splitting with MKVtoolnix. Follow this guide and make the splits small. Then cancel it after the splits you need are done.
(2012-04-27, 23:21)kricker Wrote: I believe he said he uses Makemkv.

tman12, I think you can do the splitting with MKVtoolnix. Follow this guide and make the splits small. Then cancel it after the splits you need are done.
If that is the case.....I'm wondering if he can try to rip the same movie from the original blu-ray disc with DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper.....

I have the same exact problem as tman12.
With DVXA on I get the green screen, with DVXA off I don't, but when fast forwarding I get some grey crapolisation Smile

I'm using a ATI Radeon 5560, i7 2600k Intel, 8gigs of ram, Win 7 Ultimate.
My movies are also 1:1 copies using MakeMkv...
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
If you play the original BluRay, does it exhibit the same behavior?
(2012-04-28, 12:13)ArieS Wrote: I have the same exact problem as tman12.
With DVXA on I get the green screen, with DVXA off I don't, but when fast forwarding I get some grey crapolisation Smile

You have a powerful i7-2600k with HD3000....I'm wondering why you need HD5560. Can you try these.....

1. Use onboard HDMI output (which use HD3000 iGPU...) and connects your system this way- onboard HDMI output-->AVR HDMI output and from AVR HDMI output-->HDTV HDMI input via two HDMI cables
2. Update Intel latest driver- Automatically identify and find drivers
3. You might need this too- Intel Management Engine Interface Driver
4. Disable DXVA2 and everything else in XBMC settings/video/playback.....your powerful i7 don't need it
5. Disable "Use fullscreen window rather than a true fullscreen" in XBMC settings/system/video output...

You should be able to playback blu-ray in full 1080P and bitstreaming HD audio with Intel HD3000 iGPU......

@ArieS That is exactly the behavior I'm getting, with it on I get some green pixelation and with it off I get some grey pixelation. Do me a favor and check how many reference frames are in your files. Use mediainfo and check under Reframes.

I'm going to use the toolnix guide now to make a small sample of the file I'm using, hopefull will be posting within the next hour or so and others can test it.
(2012-04-28, 18:41)kricker Wrote: If you play the original BluRay, does it exhibit the same behavior?
Not sure how to do that..?

(2012-04-28, 18:52)bluray Wrote:
(2012-04-28, 12:13)ArieS Wrote: I have the same exact problem as tman12.

You have a powerful i7-2600k with HD3000....I'm wondering why you need HD5560. Can you try these.....

1. Use onboard HDMI output (which use HD3000 iGPU...) and connects your system this way- onboard HDMI output-->AVR HDMI output and from AVR HDMI output-->HDTV HDMI input via two HDMI cables
2. Update Intel latest driver- Automatically identify and find drivers
3. You might need this too- Intel Management Engine Interface Driver
4. Disable DXVA2 and everything else in XBMC settings/video/playback.....your powerful i7 don't need it
5. Disable "Use fullscreen window rather than a true fullscreen" in XBMC settings/system/video output...

You should be able to playback blu-ray in full 1080P and bitstreaming HD audio with Intel HD3000 iGPU......
My mobo doesn't have an onboard videocard...

Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
brief green pixelation during resume0