brief green pixelation during resume
I just wanted to give a small update. I've been reading around and learned that it could be a timestamp issue so I ran the file that we all tested through TsMuxer (which creates timestamps) and played it straight from the M2TS and I received no drops with DXVA2 turned off - with it on I still had green. I then ran the file that I created with TsMuxer in MakeMKV and the drops were back - really weird and it almost makes me suspect the player in XBMC is reporting false drops in MKV or MakeMKV is doing something strange with the timestamp causing drops, I don't think so though because of my next comments.

I found out about MadVR which I had never heard of before and I have to say WOW this is one fine piece of rendering software, using it with MPC-HC the picture is much better than what I'm getting on XBMC and I have yet to see a drop in frames. I think I'm going to use this as my player now, but I would like some help if anyone can provide it. I saw a video on youtube showing XBMC launching MPC-HC without showing desktop and without showing the MPC logo page (startup image). I can't figure out how to do this, I have the playercontrol file set to launch the player and it is working but it shows the desktop and then launching MPC with the startup logo. I guess it will work better when I set XBMC to a shell, I'm away on business right now so I can't test but any help is appreciated. I'm also hoping I can use the internal player for PseudoTV while using MPC-HC for my regular viewing.
(2012-05-02, 22:51)tman12 Wrote: I found out about MadVR which I had never heard of before and I have to say WOW this is one fine piece of rendering software, using it with MPC-HC the picture is much better than what I'm getting on XBMC and I have yet to see a drop in frames. I think I'm going to use this as my player now, but I would like some help if anyone can provide it. I saw a video on youtube showing XBMC launching MPC-HC without showing desktop and without showing the MPC logo page (startup image). I can't figure out how to do this, I have the playercontrol file set to launch the player and it is working but it shows the desktop and then launching MPC with the startup logo. I guess it will work better when I set XBMC to a shell, I'm away on business right now so I can't test but any help is appreciated. I'm also hoping I can use the internal player for PseudoTV while using MPC-HC for my regular viewing.
I think that you're thinking of XBMC external player "playercorefactory". You can check for the information in this thread- Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup....

You can setup XBMC playercorefactory to playback MKV file using MPC-HC, and XBMC still playback everything else......
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-05-02, 22:51)tman12 Wrote: ...I saw a video on youtube showing XBMC launching MPC-HC without showing desktop and without showing the MPC logo page (startup image). I can't figure out how to do this, I have the playercontrol file set to launch the player and it is working but it shows the desktop and then launching MPC with the startup logo....
I've not used the external player stuff, but I did used to use MPC-HC with Meedio ages ago. If I recall correctly you can choose a different logo in MPC-HC. One of those is a blank screen, which means just black.

I hope instead we can get a dev to look more into this issue and see if it is a ffmpeg bug and possibly fix it.
(2012-05-03, 05:55)kricker Wrote: I hope instead we can get a dev to look more into this issue and see if it is a ffmpeg bug and possibly fix it.
+1....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I just wanted to post a slight update after trying the latest nightly build (20120520-366a1f4-master). Things are MUCH better now in overall playback! It's not 100% but I must say I'm very pleased with the direction things are going. I have been experimenting with DXVA2 turned on and I have only seen the green screen one time and it was only during the start scene of a movie - I can completely live with that. No pixelation during skipping and no green during skipping. I have tested many files this evening and I think it's safe to say that the issue is about 90% resolved. Still getting frame drops, but if they aren't noticeable to me I'm not really too concerned. My 30fps Planet Earth episodes still look pretty terrible as well but since my only 30fps content is that I'm not to worried about that either, although fixes for these would be awesome. With the release of frodo I'm hoping to see more concern on playback than all the fancy stuff (iPad, PVR, etc) so hopefully there will be a push in that direction. Not complaining though, I think this is a really good sign that things are improving and not declining. Keep it up dev's!
Are you sure there was a change related to this in the nightly? I only have the problem at the beginning of playback - after beginning to use Cinema Experience with several intros and trailers having green pixels for a second or two - DXVA will remain off.

So if this bug was touched in nightly - it should go away entirely.

I have no idea if it was related specifically to this nightly, I haven't tried any nightly builds besides one in April but I figured I would give this one a shot. I don't think this is a "bug" that is going to go away on simple bug fix. IMO it's a codec issue dealing with frame rate and due to the many different files and codecs out there it is possible that the newer ffmpeg version is simply handling some of my files better. I don't think it's going to be a one shot quick fix that works for every file, but like I said it is better now so I would give it a try. I may still leave DXVA2 turned off for the time being since there still are a few that I have seen during resume - but it is nowhere near as bad especially during skipping.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
brief green pixelation during resume0