Visualization waveform behaving very slowly
Hi, just did a fresh install of XBMC on Windows 7, got my library set up and such. Everything is working very smoothly, except for one thing:

When I try to use any visualization add-on, it doesn't seem to work correctly. When I try just the regular waveform visualization, it seems to update very slowly, if I had to guess it would be about 4fps.. When I try the other add-ons like milkdrop, the visualization itself runs at a solid 60 fps, but the waveform part, where the magic happens, still chugs along at 4fps.

Has this happened to anyone else? Could it perhaps be an audio driver issue?
Yup got the same problem for a while now on Eden.
On Dharma never had this however I tend to upgrade my video drivers so not sure either wether it's ATi/AMD screwing up on the driver part or something changed with Eden. Never figured out a solution, the DirecX spectrum and milkdrop don't seem to have any issues.
Well, for me the DirectX spectrum and Milkdrop appear to work correctly, but if you look closely it doesn't really match up with the music. It's like they are only fetching the waveform data at (relatively) long intervals, but it looks smooth because the visualization effects are running at full speed.
Does nobody have a solution? Google turns up nothing...
Same problem here. The DirectX Spectrum and Milkdrop are very smoth, but the Waveform background is not so good, seems to have a very low fps.
I'm just gonna go ahead and politely ask for help again..
Me like the politeness, you don't see that very often on the interwebs Wink
Anyhow, you're right about milkdrop/directx spectrum; looking smooth but look closely and it doesn't match up.
A good working waveform viz would be nice. I need a viz for artist slideshow to work :p
Windows 7, Intel Atom/Nvidia ION setup, same problem.

Posted 2010-11-21 04:54
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...alizations

Yeah, either this is only limited to a few people or none of the developers give a sh*t.
we don't give a sh*t
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I have the same problem on mac mini.
It behaved much better in Dharma, but I don't care that much about it, as long as it moves a long a bit :-)

(2012-05-02, 21:44)josz Wrote: Me like the politeness, you don't see that very often on the interwebs Wink

(2012-05-30, 10:28)Memphiz Wrote: we don't give a sh*t

Woops...
Windows 10 Pro (64bit), Kodi v19.1 "Matrix"
Intel NUC8i3BEH (Samsung 970 Evo, G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB)
Samsung UE49KS7000, Logitech Harmony remote 350
AudioEngine D1, Synology DS218j NAS (SMB protocol)
It's hard to believe, but accusing the development team of not giving a shit is not a great way to motivate us.
Don't give a shot? Shut?
(2012-05-30, 12:31)jhsrennie Wrote: It's hard to believe, but accusing the development team of not giving a shit is not a great way to motivate us.

I'm not sure I was being accusatory...if it's a minor bug that only affects a handful of users who have not filed a bug report (like me) that does not affect the primary functionality of the project - I'm not sure the developers *should* give a 'shot/shut/sh*t'. That's all.
Don't give a shat... It's a German thing Big Grin

I don't think anyone here is accusing the development team of not giving a shit. No worries, we love the developers Blush

But it is kinda strange that there's a decrease in performance of the visualisations from Dharma to Eden.

Again: I don't care that much about it. I think many others have the same problem, but haven't came across it, because they don't use it. As stated in other threads, XBMC isn't used THAT much for audio and the visualisations haven't changed for years. It has something to do with OpenGL/SDL and DirectX. Apparently there is no real need for new visualisation, otherwise there would be...

I really would like an aquarium or fireplace, but there's no future for that Sad
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=3307
Windows 10 Pro (64bit), Kodi v19.1 "Matrix"
Intel NUC8i3BEH (Samsung 970 Evo, G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB)
Samsung UE49KS7000, Logitech Harmony remote 350
AudioEngine D1, Synology DS218j NAS (SMB protocol)
*Scrap everything, my fault I scrolled too far and didn't notice the message before*.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Visualization waveform behaving very slowly0