Just built my 1st Box
Wink 
Hey all,

I'm a looooong time MythTV user who's been looking to branch out and try something different. Obviously, that something different was xbmc. Rofl So, I did some research here and there. And, ended up purchasing my gear based off of Eskro's thread - Thanks.

I went with the following:
Case: M350
Mobo: ASRock H67M-ITX
CPU: Intel G530 CPU 2.40 GHZ
RAM: Corsair XMS3 4 GB 1333MHz PC3-10666
HD: Patriot Memory Torqx 2 Series 32 GB SATA II 3.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive PT232GS25SSDR
PS: Mini-Box picoPSU-160-XT/150w AC-DC Power Adapter, 12v 12.5A
Net: TP-Link TL-WN822N

Misc:
PS might be a bit of overkill. But, I wanted a bit of spare power if I decide to outgrow the tiny M350.
Had to buy a couple mobo power extension cables as I couldn't get the case power switch attached w/the supplied cables.
Also, had to use a Dremel to get the OEM heatsink fan to fit. Just a bit of grinding on one of the four supports for the fan so that the HD would fit using the supplied bracket for the M350.
Dremel again to cut a hole in the side of the case for the PS supply. Could have put it anywhere, but, it was a good spot for my situation.
Running XBMCubuntu.
Using a Logitech DiNovo Mini for now. Meh...it works and is nice to have a full keyboard.
Bought a Flirc and think I'm going to set it up with my PS3 remote for now. But, am leaning towards a Logitech 880 as I'm familiar with them and think they're great.

Initial thoughts:
From a hardware perspective, it's a very nice package: smallish footprint, relatively powerful, rather quite and elegant.
XBMC, so far, so good. I really like the polished UI. But, haven't spent a ton of time with it. Only issue was getting sound output via HDMI. Did a little digging and found a thread that helped. I can't find it just again. But, I needed to run aplay -l from the terminal to get the HDMI device id and then setup a custom Audio setting. After a bit more digging, I managed to get it to work.

So far so good. Just wanted to share my experience.
nice to see that my htpc guide help'ed you!!

if u can, show us some pics or a small vid!

Smile
The guide was great! I'd rather not spend too much time figuring out what to buy that will suit my needs. You made it easy!

Dunno about a vid. But, I'll try to take some pics tomorrow.
sweet!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Just built my 1st Box0