[xbitlabs.com] A6-3500 Power Consumption
a test made by xbitlabs.com shows how much Power APU's draw!
AMD speaking, the test was made on a FULL ATX mainboard --> GIGABYTE GA-A75-UD4H FM1 ATX
Proof --> Here

Now, when performing a CPU and GPU burn test at the same time on the A6-3500 APU,
we see that it draws ~82.2W

And when playing a 1080P movie, the A6-3500 will draw ~32.5W

So overall, im positive that the ISK100/110 HTPC cases
with their included 80W PSU will both be able to handle the A6-3500 APU on a mini-ITX system!!
And even if you went with a full atx mainboard,
it's unlikely that you'll stress your HTPC the same way the guys over xbitlabs.com did during their tests..

source: http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/dis...html#sect0
Here's some mini-ITX results from PugetSystems.com ...
using the ISK110 case, which comes with the same exact 80W PSU as the ISK100,
under full load, the A6-3500 draw'ed ~56W!!

Image Image

source: http://www.anandtech.com/show/5696/puget...65-watts/4
Thanks eskro for pointing out something that I've been saying for a long time. Basically you are seeing the difference between a high power ATX PSU and a low power high efficiency DC-DC PSU. The xbitlabs testbed used a 880w PSU vs. the PugetSystems.com test which used the 80w DC PSU. This just shows how important it is to check what kind of test setup they are using whenever you look at power consumption numbers. I cannot stress the point enough - the PSU that they used can make a huge difference.
HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB
correct, so as the motherboard form factor!!
Yep, everything matters when you are trying to get good power consumption numbers. There are even differences between similarly sized MB's from different vendors (i.e. ASUS mATX vs. Gigabyte mATX). I've seen tests that showed 5-10 watts difference between manufacturers.
HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB
totally believe yah
I haven't met a reasonable Intel mini-ITX build (APU, SSD, HDD, ODD, maybe a tuner card too) that uses over 50W. It's nice to see that the AMD APUs are in the same ballpark. I haven't built one yet but was wondering. Thanks for the info.
no problem, i had to show users some numbers so that ppl know!
(2012-04-12, 19:22)wsume99 Wrote: Yep, everything matters when you are trying to get good power consumption numbers. There are even differences between similarly sized MB's from different vendors (i.e. ASUS mATX vs. Gigabyte mATX). I've seen tests that showed 5-10 watts difference between manufacturers.

yep... i.e. MSI has got a good reputation while Asus, Asrock and Gigabyte can use up to 10% more energie.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[xbitlabs.com] A6-3500 Power Consumption0