Add Microsoft MCE launch button/script to XBMC home menu?
How can I add link to the front of XBMC to open a batch file that would launch Windows Media Center's LiveTV?

I know that I can run a batch file to close XBMC, mount an ISO and play Blu-Rays with powerDVD or winDVD.
Source URL:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=383...tcount=700

So I thought with a little modification I could create a batch to do the same with MC LiveTV section.

The following command will open media center to the TV page.
Code:
%SystemRoot%\EHOME\EHSHELL.EXE /HOMEPAGE:VIDEOHOME.XML /PUSHSTARTPAGE:TRUE

Source URL: http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/t/5767.aspx

XBMC 11: EDEN | XBMC | HDDVD+Blu-Ray ISO playback & Blu-ray player
PC - HTPC CASE: APEX DM-318 Black Steel MB: ASUS M3N78-EM/NVIDA8300 | CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ RAM: 2gb DDR2 1066
HD: 70gb(System) DVDROM: LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray/HDDVD OS: Win7 | NAS: 3-terabytes(RAID 5)
Big Grin 
Now that I think about it what I'm really asking is how can I add a new menu link/entry to the front of XBMC that would allow me to launch a batch file?

PC - HTPC CASE: APEX DM-318 Black Steel MB: ASUS M3N78-EM/NVIDA8300 | CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ RAM: 2gb DDR2 1066
HD: 70gb(System) DVDROM: LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray/HDDVD OS: Win7 | NAS: 3-terabytes(RAID 5)
Through the Programs area of XBMC. You can launch things like emulators and stuff through it. Don't see why you couldnt launch MCE in the same fashion. Might have some issues with which screen is on top though.
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
I'll give that a try.
It's not the front of XBMC but it's at least good enough for testing.
Nod

Any luck? This is exactly what I would like to do as well. I'm using Win7 x64 and all media center plugins are causing problems (the native parts like live TV watching are fine), so I'm thinking of switching to XBMC as a front end. But I still need to interface to the tuner and get live TV...

Thanks.
Big Grin 
Here's the batch file I use with Launcher to launch into Windows 7 Mediacenter.

Code:
echo off
cls

set progprefix=%programfiles%\

taskkill /F /IM XBMC.EXE

%SystemRoot%\EHOME\EHSHELL.EXE /mediamode /nostartupanimation /HOMEPAGE:VideoFullscreen.XML /PUSHSTARTPAGE:TRUE

start "" "%progprefix%\XBMC\XBMC.exe" -fs

exit

Launcher Plug-in: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34834

Here's my "launchers.xml" file that is located in the "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\plugin_data\video\Media Center"
Swap out "username" for your user.

File: launchers.xml
Path: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\plugin_data\video\Media Center

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<launchers>
    <launcher>
        <name>Win7MC LiveTV</name>
        <application>C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\W7MC_LiveTV.bat</application>
        <args></args>
        <rompath></rompath>
        <romext></romext>
        <thumb>C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\UserData\Thumbnails\MediaCenter.png</thumb>
        <wait>true</wait>
        <roms>
        </roms>
    </launcher>
</launchers>

Sorry to digg up old thread.

Hey ethan, thanks so much for the launching WMC TV, just a quick question on how you are exiting WMC. Currently I'm using Alt+F4 on the keyboard. I was thinking maybe mapping a button on my remote. Just interested to see how you are doing it.

Thanks heaps again.
I use the XBMC Windows 7 Media Center Integration 2.1 with Media Center.

http://xbmcwmc.teknowebworks.com/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add Microsoft MCE launch button/script to XBMC home menu?0