• 8(current)
This thread is for forum update discussion
(2012-04-02, 19:07)da-anda Wrote: Hi, single post display is not possible by default in myBB - but if you click on the link from elsewhere the page will scroll down directly to this post - so it's more or less the same in the end. I might add a option to highlight the referenced post though.
Thanks, figured it was something like that.

I now see what you mean that it will scrolling, but not obvious which post should be in focus so will just have to quote the relevant post number if directing anybody to posts on here. Would be nice if you can do what you suggest as would aid usability IMHO, but not a big deal as I said before.

(2012-04-03, 09:31)pecinko Wrote: It would be useful to have possibility to merge threads as with old forum, provided that myBB does not lack this feature.

As a moderator you can merge posts and threads. It's unfortunately not available within the forum overview where you can select multiple threads via the checkboxes, but in the moderation options within a single thread - so it's like "merge this thread and select the thread to merge into in the upcoming screen".
(2012-04-04, 00:43)da-anda Wrote:
(2012-04-03, 09:31)pecinko Wrote: It would be useful to have possibility to merge threads as with old forum, provided that myBB does not lack this feature.

As a moderator you can merge posts and threads. It's unfortunately not available within the forum overview where you can select multiple threads via the checkboxes, but in the moderation options within a single thread - so it's like "merge this thread and select the thread to merge into in the upcoming screen".

Hehe.

Many thanks for manual. There's no way I would figured it out myself except, maybe, by mistake Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I have a really small wish.. Is it possible to edit outgoing email notifications template so that the link to the thread is always on top of the email? Now these emails are like this:

Code:
paavor,

xxx has just replied to a thread which you have subscribed to at XBMC Community Forum. This thread is titled [title].

Here is an excerpt of the message:
------------------------------------------
[long message here]
... (visit the thread to read more..)

To view the thread, you can go to the following URL:
[.. url here ...]

...rest of the template..

Problem is (no, it's not a problem, but .. annoyance) that I always end up clicking wrong links if that [long message here] part has links. Rofl

Placing link to the top of the message, before excerpt of the message would be much better (IMHO). This way the link to the forum thread would be always at the same place. Example below.

Code:
paavor,

xxx has just replied to a thread which you have subscribed to at XBMC Community Forum. This thread is titled [title].

To view the thread, you can go to the following URL:
[.. url here ...]

Here is an excerpt of the message:
[long message here]
... (visit the thread to read more..)

...rest of the template..
Kodi @ Windows Server 2012 R2 | Pulse-Eight USB-CEC Adapter
Large topics, which have an regularly updated first post aren't easy to track from index (and deeper down the tree). This should be taken care by the field "last post". But an edited (esspecially: first) post will not update this field and thus not be shown in top.

Maybe "Last edited" could be taken into account for "Last post"
"Last edited" != "Last post" - so no, that won't happen. There's a new version of myBB out, let's see if threads are marked as "unread" after a edit.
Not a big problem but any plans for digests?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

any update on the mobile version?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
sorry, not yet. Quite busy these days.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
This thread is for forum update discussion0