MCE Remote: configuration screwed?
I've had a slew of problems recently with my XBMCbuntu installation. (This seems to happen to me once every month or two -- just my luck it seems.) I have an MCE remote which had worked great as soon as it was plugged in, and never given problems. But after I'd done some other things, it stopped working this morning. Following some on-line guides, I installed lirc. After reading some more, it seems I didn't have to do that -- it seems Ubuntu supports my remote without the lirc installation. I've now uninstalled lirc again.

The result, however, is that only a handful of buttons are recognised. Specifically, up, down, left, right and enter (I have a Harmony 900 -- it's the E key at the bottom left; not the OK button, which doesn't work). No other keys are working. I haven't changed any of XBMC's configuration files for this issue (I've never had to).

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this? There are a hundred thousand different guides that deal with lirc configuration, but the remote does seem to be recognised without lirc.
Have you made any changes to the Harmony remote? I experienced something similar. For some reason suddenly my Harmony didn't have anything assigned to alot of buttons. Start the Harmony software, check that your PC is assigned to those buttons on the remote in the Activity for controling the PC. If they are blank, pick your PC from the dropdown menu, save and update remote.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE Remote: configuration screwed?0