Diamond GRC100 MCE Remote issues
The remote is a Diamond GRC100, also known as the 'Diamond All in Wonder Green Button Remote' in some SKUs.

Using Win7 64bit and the latest stable version of XBMC. My issue is that I can't get the Pictures, Radio, Videos, Music, More/Info, Rec TV, Guide, Live TV, DVD Menu or Green Button to do much of anything.

Well, that's not true, they all work FINE in Win7 MC and it eagerly starts up MC if I press any of these buttons. I disabled MC from launching for this reason. Using ShowKey, these buttons seem not make any keypresses. I've tried various tools and MCEREmote in XBMC and I get nothing. Those buttons give me no results still. The only thing that seems to respond to them is Windows, which tries to

I'm honestly unsure if this is an RC6 remote, it says 'RC6 IR' on the back but I'm not sure. There's no eHome driver showing up under my HIDs, instead a generic HID Compliant Consumer Control Device. Under Devices and Printers, it shows up labled as 'IR603 HID MCE' and has a picture of a keyboard instead of a remote.

I've Googled and read the best I could but have gotten no results thus far, so I'm asking for help and hopefully someone's has a better idea.

On a side note, ShowKey also can't detect several keys on my MS 4000 Ergonomic keyboard, namely the 'My Favorites' button and the keyboard as well as the quick launch keys that are numbered 1-5. These keys normally only respond to a program made by MS to assign programs to be quick launched by these keys while 'my favorites' brings up this list of programs so you can change that mapping. I'm just wondering if that kind of 'invisable keypress' is something mutual between the two.

So... Any ideas?
If no Ehome device shows in Device Manager then it's not using the eHome driver. If it isn't sending keypresses than I have no idea how it's communicating with MCE.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:If no Ehome device shows in Device Manager then it's not using the eHome driver. If it isn't sending keypresses than I have no idea how it's communicating with MCE.

JR

Actually, here's the kicker. It -can- apparently use the eHome driver but isn't. I googled a lot and some people had their installs installing the eHome driver with the IR603 reciever. Infact, in googling, I found that it's sold under a few brandings other than Diamonds and some people reported the IR603 using eHome. The reciever itself is used with a couple of other remotes. In my case, the eHome driver is not being installed and generic drivers are being installed instead. I've also determined that the IR603 reciever is indeed an RC6 device as others confirmed that much.
How did you solve the issue? I have the same remote.
(2012-03-19, 05:23)nekrosoft13 Wrote: How did you solve the issue? I have the same remote.

I just noticed that someone responded to this thread a year after it went no where.

For the last year I've used Intelliremote, which can read just about ANY IR input and assign it to a key. But this means running another program outside of XBMC just for your keypresses. It works but it's sloppy, Intelliremote also costs $24. Last week I ordered a DIFFERENT MCE remote so I could build an Zotac E-350 based XBMC machine for my roommate and THAT remote works like it should with the eHome driver.

So here's a better solution: Get a different remote. Especially when Intelliremote costs about what a new remote would cost. There's a two year old pirated version of Intelliremote online but it's prone to just go bananas, slam the CPU to 100% and ruin your day. The Diamond remote can just go die in a fire. :X

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Diamond GRC100 MCE Remote issues0