how to remove/hide .. item ?
Well for touch screen there is Joggler and really confluence does alright on bigger PC touch screens as well Smile I also hear that xeeboo works pretty decent too Smile

While I do agree with the whole small screen vs large screen skin difference if a skin is designed well from the start its could function as both. Apparently by the amount of gestures not working on win7 anymore complaints I get a few people do use 19" and above touch screen pc's with xbmc
(2012-04-12, 23:52)Jezz_X Wrote: Its there because some people just don't have a input device that allows you to go back and seriously pushing a "menu" button to go back like the apple remote does is so lame and un-intuitive I wonder why it was even added in the first place ti the default keymap its like the push menu in home and it brings up favourites :\

Yup, there are more examples where Apple remote mapping can be improved. However, most Apple users (that I know) are used to it as Menu button takes you step back in Frontrow or on Apple TV for quite some time. I had MCE remote before and found it confusing.

Quote:Another reason is exists and still shows up even when you have it disabled is because when you go to a file list or folder that is empty it gives you something to have focus on or else you loose navigation eg: for people who make smart playlists that have nothing in them or skins that have direct shortcuts to library sections that are dead empty

This is the point where I disagree. Dialog OK should pop-up in case of empty DIR and say "This folder is empty. " OK button in that dialog should take you back. Current solution is not always nice - if you are updating add-on you are in a folder with one item. As soon as update finishes you end up in an empty DIR with ".." How intuitive is that? (In Quartz case selector drops to the center of screen as Container.NumItems, that I'm using to vertically align fixed list , probably returns 0 in that case did not have time to check if I can fix it somehow)

As for skin linking to dead library sections, again just my opinion, they would not do it if people would actually like to drill out through library/addon sections. We need 3 step interface to utilize simple home layout like PM3.HD: Movies-filters-content. There are not many users that find it intuitive to go Videos-Movies-Titles-Content as it was in older layout. If you put Movies and TV Shows on home you are opening can of worms as playlists, recently added, add ons etc are in video section. It seems that our ".." item is not that helpful here.

(2012-04-13, 00:45)Jezz_X Wrote: While I do agree with the whole small screen vs large screen skin difference if a skin is designed well from the start its could function as both. Apparently by the amount of gestures not working on win7 anymore complaints I get a few people do use 19" and above touch screen pc's with xbmc

I'm not sure if you are just trying to be modest here but Confluence does not come near Touched usability wise, regardless of screen size. This goes double for 2nd version you released recently. In other words, it does work but it is not fun at all, as user experience is nowhere near.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Oh I agree its no where in the ball park as touched is but it is usable I certainly wouldn't use it but it is Smile in fact jmarshall did the whole gesture support on win7 (thats broke) using confluence because its all he had at the time and he said it worked well for the most on the 21" screen he had on the iPad well it just plain sucks unless you have 2mm wide fingers Big Grin
Dialog OK is messy IMO. An alternative is just going up a folder automatically.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to remove/hide .. item ?0