• 3(current)
Linux crash when playing content with VDPAU enabled
(2012-05-18, 17:48)FernetMenta Wrote: @fldc
not sure what you intend to tell us with your last post.

Like someone said, to get him to actually read the readme Wink
(2012-05-19, 21:34)TheSane Wrote:
(2012-05-19, 15:22)VanillaXtract Wrote: $ cd /usr/src/
$ sudo git clone git://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc.git
$ cd xbmc
$ sudo apt-get install git-core make g++ gcc gawk pmount libtool nasm yasm automake cmake gperf zip unzip bison libsdl-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl-gfx1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libfribidi-dev liblzo2-dev libfreetype6-dev libsqlite3-dev libogg-dev libasound2-dev python-sqlite libglew-dev libcurl3 libcurl4-gnutls-dev libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev libmad0-dev libogg-dev libvorbisenc2 libsmbclient-dev libmysqlclient-dev libpcre3-dev libdbus-1-dev libhal-dev libhal-storage-dev libjasper-dev libfontconfig-dev libbz2-dev libboost-dev libenca-dev libxt-dev libxmu-dev libpng-dev libjpeg-dev libpulse-dev mesa-utils libcdio-dev libsamplerate-dev libmpeg3-dev libflac-dev libiso9660-dev libass-dev libssl-dev fp-compiler gdc libmpeg2-4-dev libmicrohttpd-dev libmodplug-dev libssh-dev gettext cvs python-dev libyajl-dev libboost-thread-dev libplist-dev libusb-dev libudev-dev

at this point you'll get some errors on wrong file numbers. Redo the command and put an equal sign and type in the version number for the files.

$ sudo apt-get install autopoint libltdl-dev
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc
$ sudo ./bootstrap
$ sudo ./configure --enable-vdpau
$ make -j2
$ make install DESTDIR=$HOME/xbmc

I will try.

Edit:
User@XBMC:/usr/src/xbmc$ sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to find a source package for xbmc

Edit Switched back to Windows, seems a bit more powerfull at the monent. But i will try later again to get it flying on XBMCbuntu.

then when you did the apt-get install some things were not installed. You can rerun and verify this.
Living Room: Ubuntu 16.10 x64 | BayTrail-M SOC | Krypton | Hitachi 55L6 | Yamaha RX-V665 | 7.1 Polk Surround
Den: RetroPie 4.1 | Raspberry Pi 3 | Krypton | VIZIO XVT553SV
Bedroom: OSMC 2017.02-1 | Raspberry Pi 3 | Krypton | VIZIO E370VA
HP Chromebook 14: Ubuntu 16.04 x64 | Celeron 2955U | Jarvis
NAS: Windows 10 | 20TB on DrivePool | Emby DB | Subsonic | Plex
(2012-05-21, 17:42)norms Wrote:
(2012-05-21, 17:14)basco Wrote: i use lirc with my remote
lirc works with sockets
i've written a pers script that listens on a lirc socket for a remote button.
when this button is sent (pressed), the perl script 'sudo reboot's

I could be wrong, but if you are referring to the crash in this thread then there is no need to restart the system, just XBMC. I think instead of "sudo reboot" you could do "sudo service lightdm restart" ?

This is what i do by hand (well in an alias), but both my sudoers file doesn't work (still asks for a password, checked for all common errors :\) and i don't know how to bind this to a key using the xbmc keybinds.
(2012-05-23, 17:06)kingmob Wrote: This is what i do by hand (well in an alias), but both my sudoers file doesn't work (still asks for a password, checked for all common errors :\) and i don't know how to bind this to a key using the xbmc keybinds.
assuming you are user xbmc:
In a terminal
Code:
sudo usermod -a -G root xbmc
sudo visudo

Then add the following line at the end of the file.
xbmc ALL = (ALL) NOPASSWD: /sbin/shutdown, /sbin/reboot
Living Room: Ubuntu 16.10 x64 | BayTrail-M SOC | Krypton | Hitachi 55L6 | Yamaha RX-V665 | 7.1 Polk Surround
(2012-05-23, 17:48)VanillaXtract Wrote: assuming you are user xbmc:
In a terminal
Code:
sudo usermod -a -G root xbmc
sudo visudo

Then add the following line at the end of the file.
xbmc ALL = (ALL) NOPASSWD: /sbin/shutdown, /sbin/reboot
Yeah I know, but for some weird reason this has never worked for me in XBMCbuntu for any command. Works fine in ubuntu...
i've managed to get it working in xbmcbuntu....

i use 'stand-by' on my htpc's regularly.
an occasional reboot is still required unfortunately.

so my reboot it is a combined function Wink

b.t.w. 'service lightdm restart' does not play nice after a couple of resumes/standby.
use:

killall xbmc
killall xbmc.bin
xbmc

instead. works every time!
Then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe setup xbmc to login as root. Then you shouldn't need a password for sudo.
Has this fix been pushed to master?
There is another long thread on this (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119855), from what I understand a fix is currently in master.

Though many people (including myself) have noticed a very simple (but slightly annoying) work-around if you are hesitant to move to nightlies (or like myself can't figure it outSmile...

Highlight the video you want to play... wait 10 seconds (5 seconds on my ND-22 was too short) and then play...
Not sure what you mean with "fix". I have re-written this part of the code, it's a big change. Needs some refactoring, then review.
(2012-05-25, 21:08)FernetMenta Wrote: Not sure what you mean with "fix". I have re-written this part of the code, it's a big change. Needs some refactoring, then review.

So does this mean that once this is committed to the main code everyone will be able to upgrade and fix the issue by doing a apt-get upgrade?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, it follows the process. Once review is completed it gets scheduled for a merge window, then merged into master. Those versions are available as unstable Nightlies.
(2012-05-15, 20:56)FernetMenta Wrote:
Quote:@fernetmenta: i can't wait to use this new vdpau interface

In this case you can compile from source and report back if it really solves this problem.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...ian/Ubuntu

Use this repo: git://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc.git

I'm getting compile errors with your branch.

CPP xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video/DVDVideoCodecFFmpeg.o
In file included from /opt/src/xbmc/xbmc/system_gl.h:36:0,
from VAAPI.h:23,
from DVDVideoCodecFFmpeg.cpp:59:
/usr/include/GL/glew.h:84:2: error: #error gl.h included before glew.h
/usr/include/GL/glew.h:87:2: error: #error glext.h included before glew.h

And then of course many more errors, which appear to be repercussions of the above error.
I will look into this. In the meantime configure with --disable-vaapi
What does libva do on your system?
BTW: master branch might be unstable due to lots of other changes. You may want to switch to branch eden. Just type:
git checkout eden
when you are in the source folder.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
crash when playing content with VDPAU enabled1