• 4(current)
Linux crash when playing content with VDPAU enabled
Is this git repo only works on Nvidia 280 driver ? Can I use it for 295 version ? Or should I downgrade to 280 ?

Thanks
mudit
(2012-05-29, 20:37)FernetMenta Wrote: BTW: master branch might be unstable due to lots of other changes. You may want to switch to branch eden. Just type:
git checkout eden
when you are in the source folder.

If I run this command and then run ./configure --enable-vdpau , I get the following error

Code:
configure: creating ./config.status
Unknown option "--disable-crystalhd".
See ./configure --help for available options.
configure: error: Submodule lib/ffmpeg failed to configure
If I comment out --disable-crystalhd from the configure script, then I get the following error (this with git checkout eden)

Code:
config.status: error: cannot find input file: `xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Makefile.in'
(2012-05-29, 19:58)FernetMenta Wrote: I will look into this. In the meantime configure with --disable-vaapi
What does libva do on your system?

Doh! Its not doing anything. Compiling now without vaapi. Looks better.

(2012-05-29, 20:37)mwahal Wrote: Is this git repo only works on Nvidia 280 driver ? Can I use it for 295 version ? Or should I downgrade to 280 ?

Thanks
mudit
(2012-05-29, 20:37)FernetMenta Wrote: BTW: master branch might be unstable due to lots of other changes. You may want to switch to branch eden. Just type:
git checkout eden
when you are in the source folder.

If I run this command and then run ./configure --enable-vdpau , I get the following error

Code:
configure: creating ./config.status
Unknown option "--disable-crystalhd".
See ./configure --help for available options.
configure: error: Submodule lib/ffmpeg failed to configure

Same thing happened to me. Run ./bootstrap again before ./configure
typo -- thanks -- thats what i am doing again. Checked out new repo, will run bootstrap and then configure.
Also, what version of nvidia driver are you using ?
mwahal - I have yet to run this branch so I can't comment on compatibility, but I am using 295.53-0ubuntu1~oneiric~xup1

FernetMenta - New compile error:

make -C ffmpeg
make[2]: Entering directory `/opt/src/xbmc/lib/ffmpeg'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `libavcodec/ac3enc_opts_template.c', needed by `libavcodec/ac3enc_float.o'. Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/src/xbmc/lib/ffmpeg'
make[1]: *** [ffmpeg] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/src/xbmc/lib'
make: *** [dvdpcodecs] Error 2
Fixed symlinks and rebuilt - builds fine now

==================================

I am getting the following error
Code:
make[4]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so', needed by `libprojectM.so.2.00'.  Stop.

I checked the file

Code:
ls -l /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 Mar 30 04:46 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so -> mesa/libGL.so

ls -l /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Mar 30 04:46 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so -> libGL.so.1

ls -l /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1
ls: cannot access /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1: No such file or directory

The only libGL.so* references are in

Code:
ls -l `locate libGL.so.1`
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 May 26 12:38 /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 -> libGL.so.295.53

l /usr/lib/libGL.so.295.53
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 822468 May 26 12:38 /usr/lib/libGL.so.295.53*
Nice - prelim testing - it worked !
I NX'ed from office to home and launched xbmc, played the recording via mythbox and it played fine after skipping the commercial. It used to hang with snd_pcm_delay alsa error -32 earlier at that point. Now it played fine. I need to go home and test it with some other files though.

BTW - has any one found best deinterlace settings for mpeg2 HD OTA recordings which gives smoothest playback ? Till last week I was running XBMC on my hackintosh and the video was so smooth. But after I installed 12.04 and the eden version of xbmc (not this newly built), SAME hardware (i3 2300 GT240 and 4GB RAM) gives me lots of jerks while playing. Audio was smooth, but picture was jerky. I tried all the compiz hacks etc, all settings are correct (vsync etc etc).

Hopefully, this version may improve playback. But if the playback doesn't improve, the WAF will force me to go back to hackintosh , even if it means getting up from my butt and turning on HTPC by hand (somehow the usb sleep/wakeup is busted on my hackintosh installation -- it wakes immediately after it sleeps -- no issues on my linux installation).
Sorry - spoke too soon. The video doesn't halt like earlier, but the quality is very very choppy. I tried all sorts of deinterlace/scaling etc. Nothing seems to work. The quality is much worse then the eden release.

Let me know what logs etc are needed and I can upload.

Thanks
Mudit
mwahal, you did not follow my advice to chackout branch eden, right? My eden branch is basically Eden + the vdpau changes. There are problems with current master which is heavily under development. The problems you noticed are most likely caused by the new audio engine. I notice this too, there are lots of DVDPlayerAudio:Big Griniscontinuity errors in the log.

Are you running XBMC with Unity? For some reason I don't get this errors when using Fluxbox.
This is what I did

1. git clone your_branch
2. git checkout eden
3. ./bootstrap
4 ./configure --enable-vdpau

Yes, I am running with Unity. Probably I should disable Unity ?
Unity is really bad, Unity 2D slightly better for running xbmc. Can you try Fluxbox as window manager or XBMC standalone?
FrenetMenta

Do you think my steps are okay 1 to 4? I missed one steps

1.1 cd to directory xbmc (and then do git checkout eden in step 2)

Let me install fluxbox.

Thanks
Mudit
I tried to do a git pull and I am getting file conflicts. How can I resolve them?
Living Room: Ubuntu 16.10 x64 | BayTrail-M SOC | Krypton | Hitachi 55L6 | Yamaha RX-V665 | 7.1 Polk Surround
Den: RetroPie 4.1 | Raspberry Pi 3 | Krypton | VIZIO XVT553SV
Bedroom: OSMC 2017.02-1 | Raspberry Pi 3 | Krypton | VIZIO E370VA
HP Chromebook 14: Ubuntu 16.04 x64 | Celeron 2955U | Jarvis
NAS: Windows 10 | 20TB on DrivePool | Emby DB | Subsonic | Plex
(2012-06-03, 08:22)VanillaXtract Wrote: I tried to do a git pull and I am getting file conflicts. How can I resolve them?

What exactly are you trying to do?
I have compiled and installed your build. I was trying to update the source code. But I fixed those errors with:
git fetch --all
git reset --hard origin/master

But now I am having errors at the make install.

xbmc@XBMC:/usr/src/xbmc# sudo make install DESTDIR=$HOME/xbmc
Copying XBMC binary to /root/xbmc/usr/local/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin
install: cannot stat `xbmc.bin': No such file or directory
make: *** [install-binaries] Error 1
Living Room: Ubuntu 16.10 x64 | BayTrail-M SOC | Krypton | Hitachi 55L6 | Yamaha RX-V665 | 7.1 Polk Surround
Den: RetroPie 4.1 | Raspberry Pi 3 | Krypton | VIZIO XVT553SV
Bedroom: OSMC 2017.02-1 | Raspberry Pi 3 | Krypton | VIZIO E370VA
HP Chromebook 14: Ubuntu 16.04 x64 | Celeron 2955U | Jarvis
NAS: Windows 10 | 20TB on DrivePool | Emby DB | Subsonic | Plex
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
crash when playing content with VDPAU enabled1