Live tv through xbmc
ok, i just have a quick question and most likely i'm going to get denied. here is my situation. i only have one cable line coming into my house and it's just a standard cable package. no set top box or satellite. my theater room is upstairs and i'd like to be able to watch live (or with little delay) tv though my projector. i have an xbox and pc connected to the projector and was wondering if there is a possibility to watch tv over the network if i station a pc by the coax connection. any input would help xbox or pc related. due to my condo i can't run a coax through the wall and i don't want to have lose wire running up the stairs.

thanks
squeeky
hi.

what you are describing is possible. however, your results might vary.

you are certainly going to need a tvcard in the computer and some sort of streaming software. windows media encoder is available free from microsoft.

another two that have had a front-end encoded in python are mythtv (for linux) and mytheater (for windows). i strongly suggest that you search for them in the python forums or on xbmc scripts.
please always search the forum before posting and also read the forum topics in order to post in the correct forum in the future, now moving to the support forum.

ps! a simple search => http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....31b24cb
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live tv through xbmc0