• 13(current)
Win HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
Do I still need to download the AE file listed in the first post to bitstream even though I am using Frodo RC2?
(2012-12-27, 18:39)jasmill1969 Wrote: Do I still need to download the AE file listed in the first post to bitstream even though I am using Frodo RC2?
If you are using Frodo, you don't need Eden in the first page.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
If I am using Frodo RC2 do I still need to download the XBMC HD Audio driver from here https://github.com/DDDamian/xbmc/downloads ?
(2012-12-27, 20:32)jasmill1969 Wrote: If I am using Frodo RC2 do I still need to download the XBMC HD Audio driver from here https://github.com/DDDamian/xbmc/downloads ?
If you use any Frodo, you don't need Eden from the first page...

Hello,

I just built a new HTPC with a Core i5 3570K. I do not have a separate GPU, so I just plan to use the integrated graphics of the chip.

When I try playing my media in XBMC, all plays fine with the exception of the TrueHD and DTS-HD. These files with TrueHD or DTS-HD stutter and I have to quit. Also had a problem with a file with 7.1 audio. I have a Denon 2112CI AVR.

I am confused now with what I need to get this to work. I am running Frodo RC2.
(2013-01-01, 00:06)lespaul00 Wrote: Hello,

I just built a new HTPC with a Core i5 3570K. I do not have a separate GPU, so I just plan to use the integrated graphics of the chip.

When I try playing my media in XBMC, all plays fine with the exception of the TrueHD and DTS-HD. These files with TrueHD or DTS-HD stutter and I have to quit. Also had a problem with a file with 7.1 audio. I have a Denon 2112CI AVR.

I am confused now with what I need to get this to work. I am running Frodo RC2.
Just make sure that you do as following-

1. If you installed Realtek, you need to un-install it.
2. Make sure to connect your system this way- HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via two HDMI cables
3. Update the latest Intel driver from here- Automatically identify and find drivers
4. Select the proper HDMI output in Windows control panel
5. Select exclusive mode in Windows control panel
6. For XBMC HD audio configurations, you can refer to SETUP section in the first page.....you need to disable DXVA2 and select software as render method in XBMC too....

Thanks for the quick reply. I actually figured out what the problem was. In "system", then "system" settings within XBMC, I went to "Audio Output". For both "audio output device" and "audio passthrough device", I had to toggle the selection from "Directsound" to "WASAPI". That's all it was!
(2013-01-01, 02:49)lespaul00 Wrote: Thanks for the quick reply. I actually figured out what the problem was. In "system", then "system" settings within XBMC, I went to "Audio Output". For both "audio output device" and "audio passthrough device", I had to toggle the selection from "Directsound" to "WASAPI". That's all it was!
Yes for bitstreaming HD audio, you want to select WASAPI instead of Directsound as stated in the 1st post.....I'm glad that everything is working out fine for you now.....Nod

why must you uninstall Realtek? btw I have an AMD FM2 board/processor
(2013-01-02, 02:34)b_cott Wrote: why must you uninstall Realtek? btw I have an AMD FM2 board/processor
For bitstreaming, you don't need Realtek codec. All you need is AMD latest driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect .....

I'm having a very hard time with playing this on my system. I'm trying to stream ~30GB MKV bluray backups off of my Synology (everything hard wired) and XBMC is choking to death on them.

also half my movies won't start in full - they'll be boxed from the top and the sides. These are HD rips, they should be full.

I don't have ANY of these issues on my boxee box, which I was trying to upgrade from.

edit:

OK, I figured out the HDMI output I had set was not correct - needed the WASPI (?) output so it bitstreams. Audio is working fine now. However, many of my bluray rips are still doing "actual size" instead of filling the screen. Obviously top and bottom bars are OK for 2.35:1 movies but 16:9 movies should fill it, and they aren't. I'm displaying on a 5010 Pioneer Kuro, and no matter if I choose Dot by Dot or Full, it still doesn't work.
(2013-01-02, 08:41)b_cott Wrote: However, many of my bluray rips are still doing "actual size" instead of filling the screen. Obviously top and bottom bars are OK for 2.35:1 movies but 16:9 movies should fill it, and they aren't. I'm displaying on a 5010 Pioneer Kuro, and no matter if I choose Dot by Dot or Full, it still doesn't work.
During playback bring up "videos-settings" screen, try different view mode and set it as default for all movies....

I've tried all views in video settings. Normal just postage stamps it. I'll try to post a picture later.
got it:

http://www.ryukent.com/2011/01/black-bor...-amd-card/

"If you are using an AMD (ATI) graphics card and getting a black border or zoomed out effect when connected to your monitor using HDMI, you need to adjust the overscan setting in catalyst control panel. Further more you need to do this for every different refresh rate and resolution to fix the problem in 3d modeslike running games fullscreen.
Open Catalyst, drop down graphics and select ‘Desktop & Displays’. Then right click on the small screen at the bottom and click configure. Enable GPU scaling, then click on the ‘Scaling Options’ tab and set underscan to 0%. Click apply. Don’t close the window.
Now right click on the windows desktop. Select screen resolution and advanced settings. Select monitor and change the refresh rate to all the different rates. For each one, apply, then go back into catalyst and set the underscan setting to 0% again. Repeat for all desired combinations of resolution and refresh rate.
Now the borders should have gone."

Apparently the 24hz bluray rips (and the 24fps conversions from DVD that I'd done) had switched the hz to 24 and that hz needed to be manually adjusted. Works now! Smile

also bitstreaming works with k-lite codec pack installed.
I'm having problems with audio and video synchronizing when playing HD content at 24Hz - will this fix it? Can this be installed like an add-in/plug-in or do I need to reinstall XBMC entirely? Also, the XBMC version I'm using has the option to select "WASAPI: AMD HDMI OUTPUT", so does that do the same thing or do I still need this fix? Perhaps do you know of other remedies for audio/video sync problems?
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC8